Finding A Rishta(Partner)

asd

There's no such thing as casteism in Sikhism, you just gotta accept that.

Are you Amritdhari? If yes, do you remember what the Panj Pyare told you about caste? If you aren't, then you need to read Rehat, the teachings given by Panj Pyare regarding caste and Gurbani. There are many Shabads mentioning you shouldn't be proud of your caste.

Perhaps you could answer my questions earlier in this topic; what exactly are you proud of? Are you a farmer or some spoiled kid living in London who got nothing to do with agriculture and still proud of call yourself "jatt"?

I'm not worrying about you, I'm just tired of people who are proud of their caste and talk baqwaas on forums.

Run back to SS site? Why? Is this yours or your dad's forum? Is this forum run by jatt's?

I don't know what world you're living in, have you ever heard of azhara people and the way they get treated in Afghanistan? Have you ever heard of the caste-system in Afghanistan? I don't have a problem with different cultures, but I do have a problem with who are obsessed with their caste and think they're superior to everyone else.

Men aren't meant to be modest? So men can walk around half-naked, that's okay according to "Indian culture"?

Which rehat which rehat? Send me the link to the rehat you follow, or perhaps rehitnamas? Which dal do the panj pyarai belong to?

On SS they love attacking all sorts of peoples with different beliefs, including jatts, hindus, nihang singhs, meat eaters etc ; you could join them and join in the fun! :)

Of course, but some people think they are superior because a) they think they're better because they do not believe in caste or B) they think sikhs are superior and other people like non-amritdharis or hindus are inferior/impure/infidels!

And I am sure there's a difference between a guy showing his chest and a woman?

http://www.sgpc.net/sikhism/sikhism2-cont.asp

Caste and Sikhism: Sikhism does not inculcate belief in caste. No man is born great or low. Guru Amardas says, "All colours and forms are thine." Guru Arjan Sahib gives the simile of the potter. The clay has been moulded in different forms. All men are the vessels of God. People may follow different faiths or divide themselves under different labels, but essentially man is one and indivisible. Whoever meditates on God becomes as great as He. Look at Ravidas the cobbler, Sadhna the butcher, Saina the barber. They were raised to the pedestal of saintliness and honoured by all. Just as the philosopher's stone transmutes iron ore into gold, in the same way God's name changes a low-born person into a Bhagat. God's name cleanses and purifies. It burns away all impurity. A person of high caste is worse than one of the lowest caste if he does not meditate on the Name. Moreover, caste is of no consequ-ence in the next world. In God's Court, men shall be judged by their thoughts and deeds, and not by their family or pedigree. The Guru brought the four castes under one banner. And yet he taught us to be humble and poor in spirit, because with-out it, we cannot sublimate egoism(humai).

That's a nice paragraph, unfortunately I cannot take anyone seriously if he/she uses SGPC as a source of sikhi lol

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe thats why they are soooo teeny weeeny cutsie small people?!

BTW are khatris same as khashatris ie the warriors/ruler caste?

So is that what happens when people stop using surname?

Edited by londondajatt

nice post Mithar.

birthright & social status means little to the soul. it is our efforts that bear fruit in dharma. let the world continue in its illusion, but we should be attached & anchored to that which is permanent, eternal & truthful.

Which rehat which rehat? Send me the link to the rehat you follow, or perhaps rehitnamas? Which dal do the panj pyarai belong to?

On SS they love attacking all sorts of peoples with different beliefs, including jatts, hindus, nihang singhs, meat eaters etc ; you could join them and join in the fun! :)

Of course, but some people think they are superior because a) they think they're better because they do not believe in caste or B) they think sikhs are superior and other people like non-amritdharis or hindus are inferior/impure/infidels!

And I am sure there's a difference between a guy showing his chest and a woman?

That's a nice paragraph, unfortunately I cannot take anyone seriously if he/she uses SGPC as a source of sikhi lol

There's no need for me to tell you what Rehat I follow. It's common sense that Sikhs do not believe in/or should be proud of their caste. I only posted that link from sgpc because you talked about Akal Takht earlier and I assumed you followed their Rehat? Go to the next Amrit Sanchar in the UK and talk to Panj Pyare.

I left Sikhsangat because of the hypocrisy of the admins.. But that's another discussion. How do you know I left SS? Are you one of the admins/moderators there?

This forum is called SIKHawareness and not jattawareness so perhaps you should go to jattworld or any other jatt website to talk to people who have the same opinions like you, because this forum is obviously not the place for you.

To me there's no difference between a half-naked man and a half-naked women. Our people just need to grow up and stop having so many double standards.

At last but not least, you answered my question about why you are proud to be a jatt. Are you a farmer living in London or are you some spoiled kid living in London who thinks it's cool to say you're a jatt when you know nothing about agriculture and never been working in a khet?

Are you even understanding what I am saying Dal? Cut down on the sukhaa brother haa

Besides some of you have to understand that Jatt is not only a caste but also a profession jimmidaar/jatt.

I understand it's a profession but how can you be a jatt by profession if you've never been in a khet or know nothing about agriculture? Like I mentioned earlier it's like saying "for generations my family were doctors, I'm a shopkeeper but I'm proud of being a doctor"... Errr this is the exact same thing people do today. They're proud of a profession/caste that they aren't.

My mama in Punjab is a farmer by profession, he has a lot of jameen, but he's not a jatt.

To me there's no difference between a half-naked man and a half-naked women. Our people just need to grow up and stop having so many double standards.

I am sorry but this is like taking arguement of equality too ahead.Even in west in sports like wrestling ,swimming etc men just participate without clothes only underwear ,but women participate half naked

Edited by kdsingh80

I am sorry but this is like taking arguement of equality too ahead.Even in west in sports like wrestling ,swimming etc men just participate without clothes only underwear ,but women participate half naked

So you are saying a man in underwear only isn't fully or half naked?

I understand it's a profession but how can you be a jatt by profession if you've never been in a khet or know nothing about agriculture? Like I mentioned earlier it's like saying "for generations my family were doctors, I'm a shopkeeper but I'm proud of being a doctor"... Errr this is the exact same thing people do today. They're proud of a profession/caste that they aren't.

My mama in Punjab is a farmer by profession, he has a lot of jameen, but he's not a jatt.

One shouldn't be proud about anything, except having been blessed enough to been given a beautiful path like Sikhi.

You still did not answer, how will you handle identity related mistakes + unkowingly marrying in extended family? Why does Gurbani use family names to identify people if its so bad?

You can identify names with castes, but only a few (the famous ones), such as Mann, Dhillon, Sandhu. That is because there are so many Sikhs from the Jatt tribe. I am quite sure you don't know much other family names (except of your own, if you are a non-Jatt). So it is not really an excuse not to use family names.

Besides people who are from non Jatt tribes who farm start to get called 'jimmidaar'. Most Jatts are descendants of Rajputs who lost their kingdoms, started farming and came to be known as Jatts. Such as Khosa, which is from khos gea - to lose (kingdom).

Your mama isn't called jimmidaar either?

Edited by SikhKhoj

One shouldn't be proud about anything, except having been blessed enough to been given a beautiful path like Sikhi.

You still did not answer, how will you handle identity related mistakes + unkowingly marrying in extended family? Why does Gurbani use family names to identify people if its so bad?

You can identify names with castes, but only a few (the famous ones), such as Mann, Dhillon, Sandhu. That is because there are so many Sikhs from the Jatt tribe. I am quite sure you don't know much other family names (except of your own, if you are a non-Jatt). So it is not really an excuse not to use family names.

Besides people who are from non Jatt tribes who farm start to get called 'jimmidaar'. Most Jatts are descendants of Rajputs who lost their kingdoms, started farming and came to be known as Jatts. Such as Khosa, which is from khos gea - to lose (kingdom).

Your mama isn't called jimmidaar either?

I can identify a lot more family names than that.

What does extended family mean to you? Do you think it would be wrong to marry your cousin's cousin (whom you are not blood related to)?

When the time comes for me to get married, I would find out somehow or other if the man I'm going to marry is in my immediate family (but not by asking his caste), if he was door rishtedar i.e. my mami's cousin's wife's brother's son it doesn't really matter, because there's no blood relation between me and him.

There's no need for me to tell you what Rehat I follow. It's common sense that Sikhs do not believe in/or should be proud of their caste. I only posted that link from sgpc because you talked about Akal Takht earlier and I assumed you followed their Rehat? Go to the next Amrit Sanchar in the UK and talk to Panj Pyare.

I left Sikhsangat because of the hypocrisy of the admins.. But that's another discussion. How do you know I left SS? Are you one of the admins/moderators there?

This forum is called SIKHawareness and not jattawareness so perhaps you should go to jattworld or any other jatt website to talk to people who have the same opinions like you, because this forum is obviously not the place for you.

At last but not least, you answered my question about why you are proud to be a jatt. Are you a farmer living in London or are you some spoiled kid living in London who thinks it's cool to say you're a jatt when you know nothing about agriculture and never been working in a khet?

lol follow SGPC rehit, me? pah... Can I ask the panj piaray which dal(s) they belong to?

I have no idea that you left SS, you just behave like SS people (jathas, SGPC beliefs, and other similar people) that's why I keep going on about it! Me a moderator/admin? lol someone with my views is gonna get banned on that site not become mod lol!!

oh dear, are all sikhs supposed to have the same opinions, how boring!?! Like I said, SS site is for people like that! lolz

Half naked man's doodoos don't have the same effect on society lolz

Proud to be a jatt? My dear, calling myself jatt doesn't mean I am so proud of it. I would rather slap many of the jattis I see around UK, and I don't know what I would do to the druggy jatts in Punjab; give them a good kicking perhaps. Perhaps I am spoilt, lol; but I believe in my culture, and I believe traditions build dharam. Losing culture results in adharam. From what I have seen, those lacking tradition fail to impress me, just make me disappointed in sikh community in general. I do not see me being jatt/not-jatt is a major issue in the sikh community at present compared to other issues! I think I have seen over a decades worth of discussions about of sikhs going on about this stuff, ...like DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

Look if you can scare us jatts we could stop. But if people keep going on about it for 10-20+ years then we're just gonna take the p***. You can take Mughal emporer's example, take people to chandni chowk, if they refuse to give up their culture, then just saw them in half or kill them; I dunno whatever you want. lol But people just going on and on without any substance, its just ramblings...

Besides, UK people are going to intermarry anyway, let us have our fun while there's still some of us left eh? Don't be such a spoilt sport lol

So you are saying a man in underwear only isn't fully or half naked?

Where I am saying that he is not naked? Your statement that there is no difference between a half naked man and woman is just too much to digest Men from ages participated and still participating in sports by just wearing underwear and no one consider it immodest

, but can we apply same rule for women,

can we ask them to wrestle in ring or swim or do boxing by just wearing underwear and nothing on top

of course!

LondonDaJatt brother, do you feel prouder to be a Sikh or a Jatt?

Hold on...

I cannot forget my culture if I have been brought up with it. I also follow dharam as part of culture. I do not see good dharam without culture and traditions. A person should be grateful of the panth and Guru they follow. Should feel happy in all the gyan we obtain.

I think people should be proud of what they are and what they can be, and use sikhi gyan and also the positives of their culture and traditions to build themselves up as human beings and individuals.

There shouldn't be ego in being sikh, many people have ego in being sikh or amrit-dhari; it is sad but true. I myself am proud of khalsa tradition. I have problems with those who call themselves amrit dhari but do nindya of true khalsa traditions (like SS site lol)

You're a dinosaur London, have the good manners to quickly go extinct. Don't ruin Sikh forums with your jaat paat buckwaas please. Go to where it's valued.

The quicker your type of vichaar goes extinct the better. There is no positive future to be had through Jat culture - just more insularity and hatred. Your under an illusion that Jat culture represents dharam, the opposite is frequently true. The best, most progressive future we can have is through Sikhi moorings, not pendu caste-centric ones. Wake up and smell the coffee. The games over - although it will take years to undo the damage caused by people like yourself. History wont remember you well. You've just been a big obstacle to progression with your ill-conceived notions.

Whatever you were born into doesn't mean you have to follow it blindly like a sheep, even when it must be patently obvious to you that it is the cause of much unnecessary negativity. Move into a positive direction through Sikhi, leave backwardness behind. This goes for any apnay of any jaat who foolishly cling to it.

Edited by dalsingh101