Origins Of The Vedas?

Where do the vedas actually come from who really wrote them? They say they are from Brahma in India however there is more dispute amongst scholars of the west who studied these phenomen and the links between ancient paganism around the world and hinduism. The vedas are giving birth to all philosophies we find historically expansiveness-

http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/handle/10603/2039

http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/2039/7/07_abstract.pdf

http://www.gauranga.org/vedic.htm

Edited by JatherdarSahib

http://www.gauranga.org/vedic.htm

interesting site.

I remember Sant Jagjit Harkowal wale saying once saying that Argentina is named after Arjun, son of Kunti. He ruled over this South American land mass. Also Germany is named after some other character from the ancient scriptures. They also mention a few more such terms.

This was quite a few years ago. Maybe someone here could ask them to clarify?

However I dont know whether any normal academic/linguist/historian will follow these links they have made, or just write it off as Indo-supremacist views.

http://agniveer.blogspot.com/2010/06/origin-of-vedas.html

Yajurved 31.7 clearly states that Rigveda, Yajurveda, Samaveda and Atharvaveda were originated from Him - the ultimate Ishwar who is omnipresent.

Atharvaveda 10.7.20 reiterates the same essence beautifully. It says that Rik, Yajuh, Sama and Atharva originated from the ultimate Ishwar. It asks "Which deva (provider ofbliss/knowledge) gave the Vedas?" And answers that the One who is controlling and maintaining the entire universe is the creator of Vedas. Atharva is like the mouth of that Ishwar, Samaveda is like the hair on the skin, Yajurveda is akin to the heart and Rigveda is the Prana or source.

Rigveda 10.190.3 states that the creation remains same in all cycles and hence even the constitution of the creation - the Vedas - also remain exactly the same.

Doubt: When Ishwar is shapeless, how did He create the Vedas?

Ishwar does not need physical organs like humans to perform His tasks. Such limitations do not exist in case of Ishwar. Vedas describe Ishwar as possessor of infinite limbs and mouths. It implies that Ishwar can perform all His functions without recourse to physical organs or support of anyone else. When Ishwar can create such a magnificent world, why should one doubt His capability to create Vedas!

Doubt: How did Ishwar arrange for pen, ink and paper to write Vedas in inception of creation?

1. This is a most stupid doubt. As discussed earlier, when Ishwar can create universe without any additional tools, why should He be unable to create Vedas?

2. Ishwar did not illuminate Vedas by publishing them in beginning of civilization. He illuminated the minds of noble Rishis - Agni, Vayu, Aditya and Angira during inception of civilization. Shatpath Brahman 11.5.2.3 elaborates this. These Rishis in their state of meditation receive the knowledge of Vedas and they adopt it in same manner as a toy moves when its button is pressed - in exactly the manner it is supposed to move!

• 1 month later...

So Arya is Uzebeikstan, Tajikstan, Iran, Afghanistan, Balouchistan, NWF, Sindh, Punjab (pretty much pakistan), Northern India. These people breed amongst each other. Theories go those people migrated to or from or to and from. Who have some link with Latin Europe maybe greeks, romans, vikings, celts so forth, were quite separate from jews, arabs, and semetics not sure about summerians, some claim armenians were aryans and the canians who were the jews/arabs were aryans or had learnt from aryans.

All the people above interacted through Ashoka (who converted greeks to buddhism, buddhism spread world wide through him), Alexandra the great, cyrus the great, and darrius the great. Harrapa ancient indus valley had some interactions with the past, we learn people were as connected as we are today people did communicated in between globalisation is not new. Each observed and learnt from each other.

Vedas are the oldest texts written by brahma after debated, theorisied, summariesed newer religions came out of it perhaps the origins of judaism are from vedas. Zorostrainism, Jainism and Buddhism come from Vedas. Vedas teach astronomy, mathematics, physics to a very high degree which we have reach now in modern times and more so which we neglect.

Upnishads (combine buddhism with hinduism), Ramyan+Gita+Mahabharata somehow come from Vedas (puranas come much later and are what mainstream hinduism is it brings in the elephant, snakes, and the rest -vishnu 2). Vedas resulted in Shaivism, Brahminism and Vaishinism each clashed later came together. In the vedas the main dieity is Indra, 5 elements are listed, vishnu is a minor dietey not given the importance he is later, mantras can be combined and separated but there is alot of Science.

My guess is vedas are the remain of a more ancient civilisation so is missing much as is a piece of a bigger puzzle we don't have which requires archaelogy and further study to decode. Vedas were sung orally later written down so people spoke that language which is now dead. It is far too old 12000 years old but there was civilisation before so to understand it is hard.

See more here

http://www.hinduwebsite.com/vedicsection/vedaindex.asp

Read Gita here:

http://vedabase.net/bg/

Edited by JatherdarSahib

• 1 month later...

We learn from some elements of sikhi the gurus disagreed with the vedas however had mastered all of it's scholarly. So perhaps bhagavat gita, mahabhrata and ramayan actually add to the vedas, they change the tradition of the clash of the ausras and devas (like greek mythology of titans and mount olympus dieties) However the devas win, we see an epic war. It is difficult to find any vedic evidence out of India, let alone middle east and europe or other regions of china. Some believe the vedas are the scrolls of abraham http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrolls_of_Abraham_(Islam)

• 1 year later...

We also need to keep in mind that with time there had been additions made , of what i have heard, during the Buddhist times there was editing done with the target to ridicule , a lot of supernatural stuff is said to have been added.

There has been references to the ritual of Chatka which describes the way it has to be done and the saloks to be uttered, this part is said to have been edited by many vegeterian zealots .

In the book ' Annihilation of Caste ' Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar states how a salok which starts with the Ustat of say Surya or Agni has added references to torture the 'shudra' like pouring lead into his ears etc.

I have time and again tried to convince myself to get the scriptures and read however what i found out has just turned me off. I feel personally I would relay on Sri Dasam Granth ji Sahib rather than texts which are edited. Thousands of years , many rulers have come and gone and chances are each one might have done some changes or for that case some brahmins too would have made their own additions to suit their profession.

Why on earth were the lower castes denied the right to learn sanskirt ? If those people had learnt it then , they would have concluded that the rituals are a gimmick and there is no need of a pujari to link them to Parmatma.

The Bhagvad Geeta talks of the importance of Naam Simran in the Kaljug saying that all yagyas will fail. People will not be what they are. This alone strengthens my faith in Sikhi and makes me curious to learn about Panths similiar to Sikhi.

A Sampraday from Maharashtra known as Warkari is another interesting sect to learn about. The Bani of their Sants is very similiar to the Gurus specially the first 5 Gurus. I understand and speak marathi , the language of the sect so have had the opportunity to learn about them and study the bani.

A very simple yet a strong message from their Bani ' Hari Mukh Mhanaa ...Hari Mukhe Mhanaa...Punya chi Gananaa Kun Kari' which is translated as ' Recite the Naam of Hari ..why worry about calculating Punh