Windows 7 (64 Bit) Just Died On Me

dalsingh101

I've got a Viao with Win7 (64 bit). The other week I downloaded the Windows update whilst logged on at a friends (damn stupid of me I know!) and took it home (to read some web pages offline).

When I rebooted it (or it rebooted itself) it started with the updating and I left it. In the morning it was still off and I tried to start it again but it lights up, flashes the Viao logo and then just remains a black screen with a blinking cursor. Seems like the OS has been corrupted to the point of death!

I have splashtop (thankfully) which I am using right now. But any help in how to resurrect my Win7? I have no discs btw.

Help!

I have splashtop (thankfully) which I am using right now. But any help in how to resurrect my Win7? I have no discs btw.

Help!

Did you give it CPR straight away?

If not you should have packed it in ice. and maybe the doctors could give it some electric shocks to resurrect it?!

Hope fully that helps you......

F10ed on load up and am backing it up. Will restore to factory settings after. Emergency over.....

Go ubuntu...!! Microsoft sucks even though i m using at the moment..lol..the thing is with linux..it's hard to get drivers for that's all..other than that.. if it can install drivers seamless than i will switch to linux in a heartbeat.