Rababi Bhai Lal Ji

Koi

With great sadness it is reported that Bhai Lal Ji (descendent of Dhan Bhai Mardana Ji) passed away on Monday 5th November 2012 at Lahore's Sarwar Hospital.

http://punjabnewsline.com/news/Bhai-Mardana___s-descendant-suffers-heart-attack_-admitted-in-hospital.html

http://punjabnewsline.com/news/Bhai-Mardana___s-descendant-passes-away-at-Lahore-hospital.html

Immensely respected, he will be greatly missed.

• 2 months later...

The only remarkable thing is how someone can claim to be a descendant of Bhai Mardana and do Kirtan all his life and yet still not conform to a Gursikh lifestyle.

He was not a descendant in the strictest sense (i.e. blood relative), it was more through marraige. Though there is no doubt that he inherited this rabbabi tradition.

I do not know anything about the tobacco incedent, nor do I think Bhai Lal Ji would be obliged to follow a "Gursikh" lifestyle.

Hopefully, we can overlook any minor indescretions and just appreciate the kirtan for what it is.

This man clearly had a love of kirtan, of that there is no doubt.

This man clearly had a love of kirtan, of that there is no doubt.

the tobacco incident was in 2005 ish.

Love of kirtan is where SIkhs have failed, which is why you get the feebly un-spiritual kirtan that we seem to have accpeted these days. ie Sri nagar wale, or Sant Anoop SIngh, sodhi etc. Its not just the muslims rababis, our own are even worse for failing to uphold true kirtan traditions.

i think giving him a chance for explanation may have changed the situation...i really dont know...there are some incidents which fail logic...in our gurdwara the artisans who carve marble are muslims, so when there is rennovation going on they come. They prefer to not partake langar not even the tea served. They will go out and have it .

Similiarly we have a langar at the government hospital , where generally financially backward patients take treatment. While serving langar we have noticed that the hindu would say 'waheguru' and accept the langar..the muslim wont , they will have langar but not want to say 'waheguru'.

the tobacco incident was in 2005 ish.

Love of kirtan is where SIkhs have failed, which is why you get the feebly un-spiritual kirtan that we seem to have accpeted these days. ie Sri nagar wale, or Sant Anoop SIngh, sodhi etc. Its not just the muslims rababis, our own are even worse for failing to uphold true kirtan traditions.

Sorry bro, I don't understand this. What do you mean?

• 10 years later...