The Jhatka Of A Goat In The Ashram Of Madho Das?

sikhiseeker

WJKK WJKF

sangat ji, I heard a sakhi of the meeting of Shiri guru gobind Singh ji with madho das, it was stated that guru sahib ordered the jhatka of a goat on the ground on which the ashram was built. I asked if anyone had also heard this, I posted my question on sikhsangat.com but got ridiculed and the topic was blocked. Can anyone shed some light on this sakhi.

The jhatka was done before madho das reached his ashram, when the blood spilt on the floor, the devotees sent a message to madho das to return. On his return he accused guru sahib of tainting the holy ground on which the ashram was built an displayed his disgust at the fact a goat had been jhatkaad, guru sahib replied "where is your ashram" to which madho das answered "Hindustan" to which guru sahib replied " are you not bothered at all the other blood spilt on the land of Hindustan, only the blood spilt on your pavitar darthi"? To which then madho das's initial ahankar was broken

Have I got this wrong, or has someone else heard this sakhi to, somebody....anybody......!?

Please note- this is really about the detail of this sakhi, not a pro or anti meat post. Thanks

WJKK WJKF

NEOSINGH- I'm sure you know rite lol?

Edited by sikhiseeker

I have heard of a jhatka taking place when banda bahadur met guru gobind singh it was in an old publication authorised by SGPC. Good luck posting anything mind opening on SS, those fanatics are closed minded to stuff like that.

I think maybe this one http://www.gurmatveechar.com/books/English_Books/Banda.Singh.Bahadur.by.Ganda.Singh.(GurmatVeechar.com).pdf

See page 37 of the pdf above it will be marked as page 13 on the actual page itself and the word meat is underlined.

Edited by JatherdarSahib

I have heard of a jhatka taking place when banda bahadur met guru gobind singh it was in an old publication authorised by SGPC. Good luck posting anything mind opening on SS, those fanatics are closed minded to stuff like that.

I think maybe this one http://www.gurmatveechar.com/books/English_Books/Banda.Singh.Bahadur.by.Ganda.Singh.(GurmatVeechar.com).pdf

See page 37 of the pdf above it will be marked as page 13 on the actual page itself and the word meat is underlined.

WJKK WJKF

Thankyou brother for the PDF file, should be a good read. Also good to know it's not just me who hear this detail within the sakhi.

Thankyou

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

Veer ji, do you thing because of the nature of the detail within the sakhi that Parcharaks will refrain from telling this detail? As to the divide of opinion within sangat.

WJKK WJKF

In the book sicques tigers or thieves eyewitness accounts of sikhs. It mentions that Khatris were known to eat meat and it was seen disgraceful in other caste groups. Guru Gobind Singh himself said I am not the son of a brahmin but kshaytria and khalsa was defined as khsytria dharma.

It's likely the previous attitudes from vaishnism carried forward through the pluraism of sikhism and an old doctrine became preached as the new. Plus we have people like those on Sikh sangat who can do much worse then blocking you and deleting you, they can get violent over people saying something else apart from their narrative.

WJKK WJKF

Veer ji, is that detail stated in the Shri Gur Panth Prakash?

WJKK WJKF

When Satguru, Guru Gobind Singh arrived at Banda (Bahadur’s) estate,

Banda had gone out on some errand to another place.
Seeing a very well bedecked bedstead inside his bed chamber,
The Guru climbed up the bed with a quick jump. (1)
Chaupai : The Guru’s Singhs slaughtered all the goats (moving about in Banda’s orchard),
And put their meat in the cauldrons on fire for cooking,
The Banda’s attendant informed his master immediately about this incident,
And brought him along after inciting him (against the intruders).
-Sri Gur Panth Prakash, Vol. I, Episode 29, pg.189.
Regarding the blood spilt on Hindustan, it seems this was a creation of the colonial period, when an united effort was made to expel the colonial administration from Mother India. Sri Gur Panth Prakash differs and states:
Dohra : The Guru admonished him for making fun of the saints,
As it always recoiled on those who indulged in such a mischief.
The petty pranksters, mendicants and nit-wit Dooms alone,
Indulged in such mean tricks to earn their livelihood. (15)
Chaupai : Then Banda declared himself to be the humble servant of the Guru,
And declared the Guru to be his spiritual guide and master.
He begged forgiveness of the Guru for his past misdeeds,
And promised never to indulge in any of his past activities. (16)
He proclaimed himself to be the humble servant of the Guru,
And promised to carryout any command of the Guru.
He beseeched the Guru to take him into his fold,
And consider him as the most intimate disciple of the Guru. (17)
-ibid, pg. 193.
For more information I suggest you employ Akali-Nihung Santa Singh Ji's katha, and literal exegesis of the entire Granth. He clears up any doubts regarding Jhatka and certain happenings which have been obliterated or revamped by many pseudo-scholars today. If you have the time also try looking for the 'Jhatka Prakash Granth' by Giani Narainjan Singh of the SGPC. He wrote it as a direct rebuttal to the views of Bhai Randhir Singh who outlawed meat. Unfortunately for the Giani his book became such a hit, that the urban devotees of the Bhai used their financial influence to have it removed from book outlets and libraries.
Edited by Amarjeet Singh_1737

WJKK WJKF

sangat ji, I heard a sakhi of the meeting of Shiri guru gobind Singh ji with madho das, it was stated that guru sahib ordered the jhatka of a goat on the ground on which the ashram was built. I asked if anyone had also heard this, I posted my question on sikhsangat.com but got ridiculed and the topic was blocked. Can anyone shed some light on this sakhi.

The jhatka was done before madho das reached his ashram, when the blood spilt on the floor, the devotees sent a message to madho das to return. On his return he accused guru sahib of tainting the holy ground on which the ashram was built an displayed his disgust at the fact a goat had been jhatkaad, guru sahib replied "where is your ashram" to which madho das answered "Hindustan" to which guru sahib replied " are you not bothered at all the other blood spilt on the land of Hindustan, only the blood spilt on your pavitar darthi"? To which then madho das's initial ahankar was broken

Have I got this wrong, or has someone else heard this sakhi to, somebody....anybody......!?

Please note- this is really about the detail of this sakhi, not a pro or anti meat post. Thanks

WJKK WJKF

NEOSINGH- I'm sure you know rite lol?

That's a surprise. When I asked the same question on Sikhsangat they told me to get the notion, that the panth was vegetarian, out of my head and accept both Sukha and Jhatka.

When Satguru, Guru Gobind Singh arrived at Banda (Bahadurs) estate,

Banda had gone out on some errand to another place.

Seeing a very well bedecked bedstead inside his bed chamber,

The Guru climbed up the bed with a quick jump. (1)

Chaupai : The Gurus Singhs slaughtered all the goats (moving about in Bandas orchard),

And put their meat in the cauldrons on fire for cooking,

The Bandas attendant informed his master immediately about this incident,

And brought him along after inciting him (against the intruders).

-Sri Gur Panth Prakash, Vol. I, Episode 29, pg.189.

Regarding the blood spilt on Hindustan, it seems this was a creation of the colonial period, when an united effort was made to expel the colonial administration from Mother India. Sri Gur Panth Prakash differs and states:

Dohra : The Guru admonished him for making fun of the saints,

As it always recoiled on those who indulged in such a mischief.

The petty pranksters, mendicants and nit-wit Dooms alone,

Indulged in such mean tricks to earn their livelihood. (15)

Chaupai : Then Banda declared himself to be the humble servant of the Guru,

And declared the Guru to be his spiritual guide and master.

He begged forgiveness of the Guru for his past misdeeds,

And promised never to indulge in any of his past activities. (16)

He proclaimed himself to be the humble servant of the Guru,

And promised to carryout any command of the Guru.

He beseeched the Guru to take him into his fold,

And consider him as the most intimate disciple of the Guru. (17)

-ibid, pg. 193.

For more information I suggest you employ Akali-Nihung Santa Singh Ji's katha, and literal exegesis of the entire Granth. He clears up any doubts regarding Jhatka and certain happenings which have been obliterated or revamped by many pseudo-scholars today. If you have the time also try looking for the 'Jhatka Prakash Granth' by Giani Narainjan Singh of the SGPC. He wrote it as a direct rebuttal to the views of Bhai Randhir Singh who outlawed meat. Unfortunately for the Giani his book became such a hit, that the urban devotees of the Bhai used their financial influence to have it removed from book outlets and libraries.

WJKK WJKF

Dear Brother,

Thanks for enlightening me on this sakhi and directing me to the other literature. I will definately have a read.

WJKK WJKF

Here is the full panth prakash

http://www.scribd.com/doc/220430143/Sri-Guru-Panth-Prakash-Shahid-Rattan-Singh-Bhangu-Full-Vol-1-and-Vol-2

Baba Santa Singh's might be a bit different. Apparently he used a manuscript preserved by the Nihungs, from pre-Singh Sabha times. It is said Bhai Vir Singh made some modifications to one of the two original manuscripts written by Bhangu. The other one is probably gathering dust in some British library.

• 3 weeks later...

is an audio of Baba Santa Singh still availble on net of Panth Parkash katha?

Try soundcloud or NihangSingh.org. He blasts many myths apart in it. Especially this imbecilic diatribe against hunting, bana, bani, meat etc. There is also a portion where he talks about the Badals and why he did not support Sant Jarnail Singh Ji.

Edited by Amarjeet Singh_1737