How Would You Start And Run A Sikh Womens Empowerment Program At Your Local Gurdwara

albcan

how would you run a Sikh empowerment program at your local gurdwara

how would you start one

reason I believe this is important is

their is sexual abuse that takes place iin are community

we have grown perverts who have sexually assaulted children

we know many Sikh girls grow up with low self esteem cause the retarded Punjabi culture favors boys over girls and Punjab leads india in female abortions

strong women

will raise a strong community

if you focus on spoiling boys

you'll raise a state full of drug addicts like Punjab

Sikhism teaches us to raise strong confident women

• 1 month later...

how would you run a Sikh empowerment program at your local gurdwara

how would you start one

reason I believe this is important is

their is sexual abuse that takes place iin are community

we have grown perverts who have sexually assaulted children

we know many Sikh girls grow up with low self esteem cause the retarded Punjabi culture favors boys over girls and Punjab leads india in female abortions

strong women

will raise a strong community

if you focus on spoiling boys

you'll raise a state full of drug addicts like Punjab

Sikhism teaches us to raise strong confident women

I am surprised no one has commented so far on this topic!

One thing I have noticed here is that questions or topics in connection to women are raised by men but with the absence of women taking part in the discussion or debate. Issues concerning them are being discussed in their absence simply does not make sense.

I notice we have a lot of confident, strong minded Sikh women, who are so 'strong minded' that they go off and do exactly what they like.

One thing I have noticed here is that questions or topics in connection to women are raised by men but with the absence of women taking part in the discussion or debate.

I have noticed this as well. There are some Sikh females groups around, but you only hear of them sporadically.

We tried to set one up at our local Gurdwara, but no success at all. No-one was interested.

Chatanga were do you live if you don't mind me asking

I think every gurdwara should ask n put up posters for female volunteers in helping put together a womens empowerment movement together

I know sikh girls who grew up with strong moral good parents who tought them proper morals and made sure they raised strong confident women

Their are also girls I know who think being strong n confident is being sexually active with multiple men an doing what they want but in those cases the parents failed in teaching their daughters morals n teaching them how most men by nature tend to be sex hungry

Confident strength a strong bond between brother n sister n father n daughter n teaching strong morals n teaching aspects of sikhi that talk about the role women play in society most influntial ppl in guru nanak's life were women his mother sister wife strong women raise strong communities that was huge part of sikh philosophy 200 years ago when women trained along side men in being soldiers 200 years ago women went to the battle field n fought along side men

1947 women no longer had military training and would kill themselves to avoid being raped

1984 women were raped

Today women focus on wearing mini skirts to get attention from men to make up for lack of self esteem growing up in a punjabi culture that spoils boy n treats daughters as second class citizens behind the son

Punjabi culture is the cancer in sikhism

Are gurus fought against aspects of punjabi culture like sexism n discrimination against women n caste an ego

I notice we have a lot of confident, strong minded Sikh women, who are so 'strong minded' that they go off and do exactly what they like.

Does it mean they can do whatever they like and no questions asked? In that case they are just mimicking the men folk from their community.

In this case, it is not just the women that need in empowerment classes but also the men. What is the point of having oodles of confidence or a strong mind in the absence of discipline,set of boundaries, wisdom or even logical thinking. Sikhism teaches us to become humans and not savages!

Chatanga were do you live if you don't mind me asking

I think every gurdwara should ask n put up posters for female volunteers in helping put together a womens empowerment movement together

I know sikh girls who grew up with strong moral good parents who tought them proper morals and made sure they raised strong confident women

Their are also girls I know who think being strong n confident is being sexually active with multiple men an doing what they want but in those cases the parents failed in teaching their daughters morals n teaching them how most men by nature tend to be sex hungry

Confident strength a strong bond between brother n sister n father n daughter n teaching strong morals n teaching aspects of sikhi that talk about the role women play in society most influntial ppl in guru nanak's life were women his mother sister wife strong women raise strong communities that was huge part of sikh philosophy 200 years ago when women trained along side men in being soldiers 200 years ago women went to the battle field n fought along side men

1947 women no longer had military training and would kill themselves to avoid being raped

1984 women were raped

Today women focus on wearing mini skirts to get attention from men to make up for lack of self esteem growing up in a punjabi culture that spoils boy n treats daughters as second class citizens behind the son

Punjabi culture is the cancer in sikhism

Are gurus fought against aspects of punjabi culture like sexism n discrimination against women n caste an ego

Sorry but do you have evidence that all sikh women trained with men 200 years ago.Apart from Mai bhago and few other there were hardly any women warriors in sikh history. Even Maharaja Ranjit singh's wives performed sati with him.Even few puratan rehatnama 's did not have good words about women .

Does it mean they can do whatever they like and no questions asked? In that case they are just mimicking the men folk from their community.

I don't see what you are seeing myself. I think compared to other communities (say Pak Panjabis for contrast), Sikh women have A LOT MORE SAY in what goes down in a family. Plenty of Sikh families are matriarchies. Besides if this was the problem, how comes even more hypocritical societies (like say Pak Panjabis) don't have the issues apnay face? I see plenty of Sikh families dominated by women. Most Sikh girls are encouraged to study and go university. Conversely I see plenty of Sikh guys who are suppressed by their mothers becoming timid mice.

In this case, it is not just the women that need in empowerment classes but also the men. What is the point of having oodles of confidence or a strong mind in the absence of discipline,set of boundaries, wisdom or even logical thinking. Sikhism teaches us to become humans and not savages!

I don't think I put my points across clearly. Plus I don't get what you are alluding too above?

I think a large part of certain 'independent-minded' Sikh women having a non-conservative attitude towards sexual relationships with all and sundry stems from our own societies general liberality (in relation to other brown communities).

The other issue is women wanting to choose their own partner based on looks/status/resources and not because they want to propagate a particular way of life.

Yes, some do see their own culture or religion as oppressive and rebel against it, but putting all of it on that issue is simplifying a infinitely more complex and multifaceted issue in my opinion.

Edited by dalsingh101

Sorry but do you have evidence that all sikh women trained with men 200 years ago.Apart from Mai bhago and few other there were hardly any women warriors in sikh history. Even Maharaja Ranjit singh's wives performed sati with him.Even few puratan rehatnama 's did not have good words about women .

How many Mahatama Gandhis did India need to fight for independance? One powerful leader can lead millions to achieve a shared goal. There was only one Martin Luther King and only one Nelson Mandela to end the oppression. They are special and unique people and sadly they don't grow on trees. They make their appearance once in a while because they have a powerful message for humanity. It is up to us to either accept their messsage or reject it. It all depends on us.

Mata Bhag kaur ji is a very special person with a very special and unique message. Mata Bhag Kaur ji taught us sikhs not to ever desert our Guru come what may. She represents loyalty, sincerity and above all love for the Guru. She also represents bravery in the face of evil and how to take a stand against it. Her message is more applicable to the men of our kom, because they were the ones that backed off. She is a pargon of high principles, morality and self discipline. She had a shared goal and that goal was to fight against evil forces which she did. If we remember our sikh history well we will know that the battle of Muktsar was a decisive battle for our Guru Ji and the Khalsa fauj. She is the true daughter of Khalsa.

You may ask where is this leading to? Bear with me and I will tell you.

Mata Bhag Kaur ji teaches us to unite and fight against the evil together. Don't lose sight of our goals, support the kom from the depths of our hearts and don't turn our backs on our brothers and sisters. She teaches us Love. She teaches us about strength in numbers and its advantages. Unite and fight for the common goal or goals. Their leader was Guru Ji and goals to be achieved were tenets of Sikh religion contained and confirmed in the writings of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the Khalsa philosophy. We all know how significant the great Khalsa philosophy is and what it stands for. This philosophy is so powerful that there is no way we can ever excuse ourselves for ever feeling weak. It stands for ending something which is evil and oppressive. The reason we are suffering nowadays is because of illiteracy. Until each and every sikh individual is literate there is no way we are ever going to appreciate the simple principles of unity, strength, goals and so on.

We can all become great warriors and leaders by making Mata Bhag Kaur ji our role model and fight for our goals which are the wellbeing of our kom, our progress, our peace of mind and prosperity, respect and dignity and so on. There is no point in reciting the paath parrot fashion everyday when we don't even either understand what we are reciting or if we do we don't apply the message to ourselves. If we don't live by the principles contained in our scriptures how can we even begin to call ourselves Sikhs? We need to learn a lesson from these great personalities and not just remember their names. We need to learn what they signify and stand for. Sikh religion is Love personified, it is the embodiment of Love and nothing else and here I don't mean that love which is greedy, vengeful, selfish, false/fake, or lusty. See how I spell the word with a capital 'L' which denotes divine, pure and unselfish love. Love with a mission for the betterment of humanity and that is the one I am talking about. Sikh Gurus laid their lives for the Love of humanity and who are we to negate, undermine or even challenge their sacrifices/actions?

By feeling compassion and love for all our brothers and sisters we can not only achieve a goal of starting a programme for empowerment for women but almost everything we set our sights on. For these divine feelings bring us together because that is when we realize we are all children of the sons and daughters of Khalsa as mentioned by our Guru Ji.

Edited by hg45

• 3 weeks later...

Why not just run a general Empowerment program that helps everyone, female, male, transgender, everyone who needs it.

There are also guys who lack a strong moral base, are not doing well at school and relationships and need to develop some confidence.

And we also need programs that help our boy and girls with their relationship after marriage. How to be a good wife and husband. And how to be a good parent. And how to have a healthy relationship.

So this Empowerment program you want to start has great potential that can create a lot of difference in the lives of our youth.

https://www.facebook.com/ElusiveFighter/posts/787908117920837:0

Initiative we have undertaken in response to grooming, isolation, abuse in households, punjabi puna and zero Sikhi in household, lack of unbiased and non-judgemental sangat, lack of jathaa-sant segregation free sangat and finally ZERO effort by UK Girdwarai to actually help the thousands of bachiyan in the UK who do not know punjabi, or Sikhi and have no interest in the boring regular Gurdwara ONE WAY diluted parchaar and routine.

Please support. Please promote. Please set up something similar in your local area.

Talking gets you nowhere. GuRu teaches KARNI.

If you truly care abbout your sisters and daughters in the house of the GuRu.

Do something.

Sri Akaal Ji Sahae