Moving Towards Being 30

oasis

I feel that as I age, I lose my motivation and energy especially towards spirituality. I am not sure if I am advancing forward or come to a stand still. The innocence that I had in my yesteryears is all lost. I was so curious and motivated to find spirituality.

When I was in grade 10, I would be so excited when I finished a Sukhmani Path, now all that excitement has gone . It just seems like a mundane affair. I would make sure to do 80 malas of Waheguru after having darshan at Nanaksar Kaleran. Now I cant committ myself to anything. Constant failures have weakened my will, and I dont even try now. Life was a mystery back then and exciting. Now all has evaporated off.

I am slowly moving towards being 30, currently 27. Feeling an end of life crisis.

when i look at my posts here or somewhere 6 years ago, i could feel the freshness, determination and will, now I cant find that anywhere.

Is there any hope ? Does it get better after 30 ? or does motivation keeps dying.

Edited by oasis

I think its in the area of spirituality and life overall. I guess as I am maturing I am realizing the futility of our efforts, most of the things are useless and impermanent yet we have to invest so much energy to maintain means of living.

In the end , everything is really an illusion, and I am helpless in so many occasions.

My faith is not dwindling, its as strong as before. But I dont see any visible results. Although I do realize even a 1s simran doesn't go waste. I guess I have too many sanskars and karams to be burnt off before I can feel anything.

Also not having the job yet in my field is not helping a lot either. Hopefully something works out.

Is there any hope ? Does it get better after 30 ? or does motivation keeps dying.

I think things get better. Your understanding becomes more broad.

Experience and wisdom start to manifest (if lucky). Pieces of life's puzzle that eluded you as a youth begin to fit in.

Then you experience new challenges. Your stamina gets tested. You get insights into the question of how strong or weak you are. Life becomes more calm, even when things go wild. Inner stillness increases.

I think its in the area of spirituality and life overall. I guess as I am maturing I am realizing the futility of our efforts, most of the things are useless and impermanent yet we have to invest so much energy to maintain means of living.

In the end , everything is really an illusion, and I am helpless in so many occasions.

My faith is not dwindling, its as strong as before. But I dont see any visible results. Although I do realize even a 1s simran doesn't go waste. I guess I have too many sanskars and karams to be burnt off before I can feel anything.

Also not having the job yet in my field is not helping a lot either. Hopefully something works out.

I can only speak for my own religious philosophy and not Sikhism but everything should be done without attachment to the results. What happens is that people are so preoccupied with the results they forget to concentrate on the action. Perhaps the seeking of "visible results" is holding you back. Do your work properly and let go. Hard work, good decisions lead to the fruit. Its a hard philosophy but can be done.

If you ever read the interviews of successful people they will always say " I just worked hard, made good decisions and it just happened" or a variation of this statement. What they did was consciously or subconsciously just concentrated on the action.

Now, if your issue is about your career rest assured it has happened to all of us. I could not, despite having good grades, find a job in my field. I kept on thinking " This is not what I was promised!"

I emailed my resume everyday, all day to dozens of companies. Despite having good grades I could not land a job in my field for nearly two years. Unfortunately, I even anglicized my name thinking perhaps this was the problem. But after meeting people in my field who had jobs I realized my action was half arsed. I thought emailing my resume was enough but these guys were way way ahead of me. Cultivating contacts, cold calls, walking into companies, youtube resumes and videos, proper references, volunteer work, name dropping etc..

Because I don't know the full details of your case and your career choice I can only give general advice.