Belgium Sikh Gurdwara Forced To Close

Martin Holland

http://sikhsiyasat.net/2014/10/22/belgium-gurdwara-sahib-asked-to-close-for-one-month-down-by-authorities/

This Gurdwara has been told to close down for a month because they have been offering food to illegal immigrants.

Let's face it, everyone needs food to survive whether one is legal or illegal. At the end of the day we are all human and it's our spiritual/religious/moral duty to help and look after the disadvantaged and those in need of help. All they were doing was reaching out and helping those that needed help that is all. It is so disappointing to see this happening in a country which is a member of the EU.

Edited by Martin Holland

Sikh Gurdwaras have never ever discriminated anyone on the basis of race, caste or color. They welcome anyone and everyone. Langar sewa is a blessing of the Guru and everyone is welcome whether one is a hindu illegal/legal, christain illegal/legal or sikh illegal/legal for that matter. The Guru's teachings are above discrimination.

Edited by Martin Holland

You seem to be joking, right? There is gross discrimination in many gurdwaras in the basis of race, caste and color. In some gurdwaras in india mazahabis are not served food with jats and other 'upper castes'. if your assertion was correct, there would not be sep temples for Jats, Rangarhias, ravidassis, etc in almost every punjab village. Guru's teachings are indeed above discrimination but what fat sikhi de golak-focussed thekedar do in real life have nothing to do with those teachings.

about Belgium incident, the temple in question is a repeat offender. This is at least 3rd raid on the sikh temple.

http://nriinternet.com/NRIsikhs/Europe/Belgian/2008/1_Police_stop_prayer.htm

They were sheltering illegals so should not crib about the police action.

news from a non-khali website:

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/News/141021_belgium-people-trafficking-vilvoorde-sikh-temple

Management committee seems to be minting money sheltering illegals in Gurudwara building.

The Guru's teachings are above discrimination and here where I live I have never seen any sort of discrimination against anyone. The sikh sangat is most welcoming and pleasant to talk to. I don't involve myself with Gurdwara's policiies on its daily activities.

Edited by Martin Holland

Absolutely ridiculous !!!!

They need to be educated regarding the purpose of a Gurudawara.

How do the gurudawara committee know someone coming to the Gurudawara has some kind of conviction , in fact its people with convictions a "Gurudawara" will put them on a right track " , plus your not going to be standing out side the door and be asking

Are you an illegal immigrant .... yes ,,,,,,,,,, sorry your not allowed in , call the Police

They should have stricter polices, enforcement's in place not allowing illegal immigrants in to the country .

Absolutely ridiculous !!!!

They need to be educated regarding the purpose of a Gurudawara.

How do the gurudawara committee know someone coming to the Gurudawara has some kind of conviction , in fact its people with convictions a "Gurudawara" will put them on a right track " , plus your not going to be standing out side the door and be asking

Are you an illegal immigrant .... yes ,,,,,,,,,, sorry your not allowed in , call the Police

They should have stricter polices, enforcement's in place not allowing illegal immigrants in to the country .

Thank you DSG. It is the responsibility of the individual state to enforce stricter immigration policies and let the Gurdwaras carry out theirs'. Places of worship don't pass laws, it is not their role to do so.

Thank you DSG. It is the responsibility of the individual state to enforce stricter immigration policies and let the Gurdwaras carry out theirs'. Places of worship don't pass laws, it is not their role to do so.

It is also the responsibility of the individual to follow the rules of the state. In this case, the gurudwara disobeyed nearly 3 times. By aiding and abetting you are setting a bad example.

This might be a manifestation of wider rightward lurch in Europe.

Gurdwaras feeding people who are in vulnerable positions is a deeply ingrained tradition going all the way back to Baba Nanak and his sacha

If it came to giving some starving vulnerable people a meal; I think it would be a low life Sikh who would think that this shouldn't be done because of immigration policies.

Europeans are hypocrites anyway: I guarantee you that should the refugees have all been female they would have had no problem with assisting them. As soon as they see non-white males they get uppity.

It is also the responsibility of the individual to follow the rules of the state. In this case, the gurudwara disobeyed nearly 3 times. By aiding and abetting you are setting a bad example.

We have a joker on the forum. The gurdwara sangat does not ask each and everyone about their legal status before serving langar to them. Don't make foolish juvenile statements here. Click on the link below to understand what your hindu brothers are doing in the US.

Edited by rajputdamoonda

We have a joker on the forum. The gurdwara sangat does not ask each and everyone about their legal status before serving langar to them. Don't make foolish juvenile statements here. Click on the link below to understand what your hindu brothers are doing in the US.

Obviously, the caretakers of this gurudwara knew about the status of these illegals. And that's why they were closed down. So yours is a moot point.

Amandeep needs to be more worried about things like the disgusting use of 'temple girls' in certain mandirs than Sikhs feeding people from their Gurdwaras.

Obviously, the caretakers of this gurudwara knew about the status of these illegals. And that's why they were closed down. So yours is a moot point.

Your comments do not match the video link. Where were you when God was dishing out brains? I wonder if he left hindus out deliberately leaving it to their 33 crore devis and devtas to do the job. God does work in mysterious ways.

Don't use difficult concepts such as 'moot point' if you don't know what they mean!!!!! They don't suit you considering you repeat everything your mentor says in a parrot fashion.

Edited by rajputdamoonda

You need to start obeying the law of the land. Even if you don't like it.

What are you: some sort of internet momma's boy.

I'll do what I want and you can go f**k yourself and troll some Hindu forum instead.

What a d**k.

What's your point?

What are you: some sort of internet momma's boy.

I'll do what I want and you can go f**k yourself and troll some Hindu forum instead.

What a d**k.

What's your point?

One your co-posters put this topic to be commented upon. And that is what I did. The stand of the Belgium government is clear. Hopefully, you will have a chance to read and understand it.

However, in the end you are right and you can do what you want.