Hinduization Of Sikh Faith And History

mamta mohan

The whole act of going to your place of worship and bowing your head to your magical friend in the sky is superstition, at least according to science. It costs a lot for the Tulsi but perhaps much more when you lay down your money by the billions to please your unseen yaar in the sky, who never seems to really show up.

So is the bigger foo

A foolish Hindu thinks he is greater than Guruji! Maybe you were one of those Hindu fools at Hardwar in a previous lifetime and one on whom the Gurus wisdom was wasted.

How can water which is physical and can be PROVEN to only reach a few metres if thrown be compared to a prayer which is not physical and about which nothing has been PROVEN whether or not it can reach great distances? Thinking that a prayer can reach God is based on faith. Thinking that throwing water will reach the ancestors is stupidity! If you think water can reach such great distances maybe you should get in touch with the water companies and show them how they are wasting time and money laying pipes everywhere when all they need is faith to get the water to their customers! To the 7000 Indians dying of hunger you can add many millions dying of thirst if the water companies take on your Hindu mentality

Edited by tonyhp32

Really? Can you back that up with some science? Or is this just one superstitious act vs. another equally superstitious act?

Do you know what a thought is? Do you know what we are even talking about?

Not everything can be or needs to be backed by science. Some things like maths, logic, philosophy, metaphysics and yoga are disciplines of their own.

Siri Guru Granth Sahib Aad Darbar ji , Siri Guru Dasam Granth Sahib Dasam Darbar ji and Siri Guru Sarabloh Granth Sahib Sarabloh Darbar ji have iconology from Sanatan Dharam ...

You can take it two ways, either understand the context in which Gurbani is refering to these icons, or follow what the hindus beleive and think that "Ram" is always and only refering to Bhagwan Shri Ram Chander.

Who told you that they invoke Devtas and Devis ? In your case then the mention of Isher , Brahma and Parbati mai would also be sacrilege.

They wont mean anything to you since you are not literate on it ..tell me the meaning of Rahaao..Aril, Bhagvati Chhand, if you are too learned then.

You are kidding us yes? refering to the Tri-Devs is the same as invoking them ?

The whole act of going to your place of worship and bowing your head to your magical friend in the sky is superstition, at least according to science. It costs a lot for the Tulsi but perhaps much more when you lay down your money by the billions to please your unseen yaar in the sky, who never seems to really show up.

So is the bigger fool?

Who told you our friend is in the sky?

Really? Can you back that up with some science? Or is this just one superstitious act vs. another equally superstitious act?

not all things in the universe can be proven or disproven by science. As science progresses, more and more discoveries are being made but if you think that science will answer everything for you then you are a bigger fool than you portray yourself as on this forum.

A foolish Hindu thinks he is greater than Guruji! Maybe you were one of those Hindu fools at Hardwar in a previous lifetime and one on whom the Gurus wisdom was wasted.

How can water which is physical and can be PROVEN to only reach a few metres if thrown be compared to a prayer which is not physical and about which nothing has been PROVEN whether or not it can reach great distances? Thinking that a prayer can reach God is based on faith. Thinking that throwing water will reach the ancestors is stupidity! If you think water can reach such great distances maybe you should get in touch with the water companies and show them how they are wasting time and money laying pipes everywhere when all they need is faith to get the water to their customers! To the 7000 Indians dying of hunger you can add many millions dying of thirst if the water companies take on your Hindu mentality

Whether your throw water at the sun or throw a ardas into the sky both are based on faith. The person offering the water believes just as much that his offering is being accepted. Just like person doing the ardas.

While I'm at it I have never seen a book or idol accept prasad.

Sikhs are blind to their idol worship... they only see it in hindus... everything bad is hindu and everything good is sikh... even though their version of sikhism is a recent concoction based on the lies of a select admin cut... patiala/british puppet. But they would rather try to promote him over Baba Hanuman Singhji and Baba Prahlad Singhji because it suits their agenda.

No, you've been listening to ignorant people, and been engrossed in online atheist culture.

This is neither true atheism nor real science.

Perhaps - but I have a request or observation. Either become a true tarksheel and quit religion completely, or stay engrossed in religion and stop trying to label things as superstition and non-superstition. In the end we don't have enough proof to say whether tulsi, gangajal, ardas, namaz or anything else really work or not. There is a reason why religion is called "faith" - no proof but believe anyways.

Hopefully, that makes sense from my point of view.

you seriously beleive this?

Hinduism has millions of sects, perhaps more than all other religions in the world combined. The Arya Samaj, Brahmo Samaj, mainstream hinduism, vaishnavs, shaivites and other major and minor sects live side by side learning from each other. That is a testament to how Hinduism accepts various schools of thought.

Perhaps - but I have a request or observation. Either become a true tarksheel and quit religion completely, or stay engrossed in religion and stop trying to label things as superstition and non-superstition. In the end we don't have enough proof to say whether tulsi, gangajal, ardas, namaz or anything else really work or not. There is a reason why religion is called "faith" - no proof but believe anyways.

Hopefully, that makes sense from my point of view.

That simply shows the influence these people have had on you. You have to understand that they are ignorant, their minds are at the child stage from the perspective of someone like Krishan ji.

I don't think you have contemplated on the Gita as much as you ought to.

Why take the long way with the water companies? We can summon the one creator or deities through pooja, haven, ardas or namaz to provide water to these poor people. He is the creator of the universe without whom even a blade of grass does not move. Can we get some water and food for these people?

That simply shows the influence these people have had on you. You have to understand that they are ignorant, their minds are at the child stage from the perspective of someone like Krishan ji.

I don't think you have contemplated on the Gita as much as you ought to.

Krishna's words " whatever path you choose leads to me, even if you don't know it" under that teaching I'm obliged to accept all forms of worship and reverence, except if they are against the law or immoral, as legit because that individual may have way more devotion then me. I don't know.

What do you think about the following and I would like others to chime in as well. Is this superstition?

In 2005, my grandfather died and on his funeral pyre I offered him some water. Put it to his lips and touched his feet. He was dead and I knew it but my heart told me yes but my brain told me this is superstition.

What do you think? Would you do the same?

Sikhs are blind to their idol worship... they only see it in hindus... everything bad is hindu and everything good is sikh... even though their version of sikhism is a recent concoction based on the lies of a select few fudus like kahn of nabha... patiala/british puppet. But they would rather try to promote him over Baba Hanuman Singhji and Baba Prahlad Singhji because it suits their agenda.

........hindu faith is fake and these videos prove it.

Krishna's words " whatever path you choose leads to me, even if you don't know it" under that teaching I'm obliged to accept all forms of worship and reverence, except if they are against the law or immoral, as legit because that individual may have way more devotion then me. I don't know.

Yes all paths lead to Krishan ji. However many people simply wander instead of traveling on the path.

Wandering meaning the wandering of the mind in thoughts, in over-thinking, over-analysis, in arguments, in vaad-vivaad, trying to prove something right or wrong.

Krishan ji is available right now, in this instant. If the mind opens up it can receive Him. But it remains closed and gets into arguments, doubts, etc.

You feel obliged to accept different forms of worship. You feel obliged because you do not understand how that form of worship could lead to Shri Krishan.

You have faith on Krishan ji's teachings. He says He will accept all forms of worship so you feel obliged to believe the same.

Atheism means to not believe in religious teachings, to not take the teaching in the form of a belief system but instead to reach such a state of mind where you may realize this teaching for yourself.

This is also the aim of Science.

This is also the aim of Philosophy.

This is also the aim of Yoga, which is really a science. It's a puratan, an older science. Older sciences tended to be qualitative, and based on descriptions of personal experience.

Let personal experience be the way which shows you the teachings of Krishan ji, how all forms of worship lead to Him etc.

What do you think about the following and I would like others to chime in as well. Is this superstition?

You see, it's not about whether the glass is half empty of half full. In any argument, one side says the glass is half empty, and the other side says the glass is half full.

I mention this analogy because it is easy to see the foolishness of it. Actual arguments are not like this, they are much more complex with multiple layers, as you already know.

The enlightened one, bodhi, among those arguing will realize something. He will see the glass and its contents (reality) for what they are, and see the whole thing as an argument (reality), as what it is. He can see Krishan ji.

The bodhi can see that there is a ritual and there is intent. The ritual may involve putting water into an idol or dead body. The intention is to express love and longing.

The ritual is the vessel into which the intention is poured.

It's a space. And in that space, how strong is your intention?

When someone chants Hari Krishna. How strong is the love in that moment? The chant is the vessel into which immense love is to be poured in.

(Love, attention, concentration, etc)

That same intent could be present in -

feeding an idol.

a breath meditation.

bringing flowers to a temple.

going to Church on Sunday.

bowing down to a book.

Pretty much any activity could carry such intent.

And if that intent is then present then any and all rituals and methods of worship are approved.

It's like the story I like to cite often. If my water can't reach the sun, how is your ardas going even further, Guruji?

Hopefully, you get my point. Religion is all FAITH so the act of walking around a book or idol, offering prasad to your book or idol, or offering thanks or prayer to some unseen deity or deities is all equally absurd.

Unless, of course you can show me some tangible statistics or results of your One God.

What a foolish little 'story' if you can call it one! No wonder you call yourself 'Hindustani' bhayyia. Are you from Bihar? Water is a chemical compound made of 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen. It can be found in three states namely liquid, gas and ice. Your water will have to be changed into gaseous state before it can reach the sun. You don't know the first thing about science forget about clever words like 'tangible statistics' what a joker... You are too dumb for the sikh forum. Holy cow!

Edited by rajputdamoonda

What a foolish little 'story' if you can call it one! No wonder you call yourself 'Hindustani' bhayyia. Are you from Bihar? Water is a chemical compound made of 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen. It can be found in three states namely liquid, gas and ice. Your water will have to be changed into gaseous state before it can reach the sun. You don't know the first thing about science forget about clever words like 'tangible statistics' what a joker... You are too dumb for the sikh forum. Holy cow!

Uhhh...duh! Your ardas will have to go faster than the speed of light to reach your heavenly friend in a reasonable amount of time. Dummy! How technical do you want to get?

Rest assured Moorkh the person making the water offering has the same intention as the person making the ardas. Both are based on FAITH and nothing else. Little technical details about hydrogen atoms and faster than light travel have no effect on the believer.

Why you give one superstition preference over another is beyond me.

No wonder you needed ancient texts translated for you in the "common man language" anything more than 2 sentences confuses you.