Bowing As A Sign Of Respect...

So you are saying that here the tuk means to love Physical husband as God?

That is just the translation of tuk you provided.NOT THE EXPLANATION!

The translation is valid according to:

- DDT Rehat Maryada

- Amir Bhandaar teeka

- Faridkot wala teeka

The translation is very much self-explanatory.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Paapiman ji,

let's say both meaning are right,

She who looks upon husband as lord,

or

She who looks upon lord as husband

Both the meanings are right. I never disagreed to it, but someone on this forum does not agree with one of the meanings.

There might be even more meanings to that tuk.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Edited by paapiman

All humans are supposed to see God in each other. There is no heirarchy, nobody is above anyone else. Wives are not beneath their husbands on some respect scale.

In fact, God can seen in all matter, living or non-living.

It is very easy to talk like a Brahamgyani, but very hard to walk the talk.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

The translation is valid according to: - DDT Rehat Maryada - Amir Bhandaar teeka- Faridkot wala teeka The translation is very much self-explanatory.

. Waheguru jee kaa KhalsaWaheguru jee kee Fateh

I'm not against Translation.But translation is not always the core idea.

Yes ,it's self-explanatory as the other members explained too.

Hope it ends the bias here!

Edited by sukrit kaur

Paapiman:

Veer Ji, the ongoing behas would end if you agree to just one more thing, not just because we ask you to, but from bottom of your heart,

do you agree that out of Love/respect a Man can also bow to wife?

And if bowing is a must do thing(assume mandatory or voluntarily), out of Love/respect both should do it - you agree?

Here are two translations... I will edit and add the rest later. I have about 10 different translations and ALL say see God as Husband... not see husband as God.

You can read 100 different translations of Gurbani, but IF all of them are inspired by Missionary/Akj(cults) school of thought, then in a sense, they only count as one.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Paapiman:

Veer Ji, the ongoing behas would end if you agree to just one more thing, not just because we ask you to, but from bottom of your heart,

do you agree that out of Love/respect a Man can also bow to wife?

And if bowing is a must do thing(assume mandatory or voluntarily), out of Love/respect both should do it - you agree?

Bro, it is obvious that a husband can bow to his wife out of love or respect, just as a mother can bow to her son, out of respect.

Satguru jee (GOD) and Sri Krishan jee Maharaaj, did not allow their mothers to touch their feet, even though they were above them.

If God in human form is following mother-son maryada, who are we to change maryadas?

A Gursikh female will never allow her husband to touch her feet or bow down to her; as a son will never allow her mother to do the same.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

So, Paapiman veer ji ,you agree that the core idea of Tuk is to love the true master as the supreme power?

Sister, it depends on avastha. The above is one of the arths of it and I agree to it. But that does not mean that we can negate the arth, which asks a wife to respect her husband as a devtaa.

I personally, don't want to be treated as a devta, as I am aware of my very low spiritual level. But, I would like to see Gursikh females show utmost respect to the Gursikh males (treat them as devtay). Similarly, I would like to see a Gursikh son to show utmost respect to her mother.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee fateh

Paapiman:

quote:

'But, I would like to see Gursikh females show utmost respect to the Gursikh males (treat them as devtay).'

unquote

is this utmost respect limited only to females or it also includes males( treating wives as God)? Why you are dodging the answer by including mother? Forget the mother scenario for a while.

Paapiman:

quote:

'But, I would like to see Gursikh females show utmost respect to the Gursikh males (treat them as devtay).'

unquote

is this utmost respect limited only to females or it also includes males( treating wives as God)? Why you are dodging the answer by including mother? Forget the mother scenario for a while.

I don't think (I might be wrong), there is any tuk in Gurbani or Rehatnamay, which instructs a husband to look upon his wife as God (in a literal sense). Gurbani instructs us to look at the jot of Waheguru in all. That includes, wife, dog, ant, plants, etc.

Do you think, you or me can look at the jot in all? I don't think we are capable of doing that, until we reach a very high avastha. Only a Brahamgyani can.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Edited by paapiman

O JEEZ!! You know there is never the end of bias.The bias can go on and one and one.Please any other wise member (especially than me) Join the discussion and just END It!!!!

Paapiman Veer,

Thanks for reply, but for me, this is the end of discussion. You have categorically accepted that woman is lower than male just because there is no Tuk in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, which shows how little you know. Well, brother, you have a very long, very rough road ahead. But I can suggest you as member of Sangat, there is no shame in changing your attitude, I hope some day you agree to change and Guru ji will show you the right way.

Guest Guest

So in conclusion Paapimans believes physical females are to see physical males as God but not the other way around. And is ignoring the spiritual meaning entirely.

Again why do males deserve more respect than females? Answer why? Forget mother and son... Why does a Gursikh male deserve more respect from his wife than she does from him??? What gives him that higher position? The answer can't be 'because DDT rm says so'

Paapiman Veer,

Thanks for reply, but for me, this is the end of discussion. You have categorically accepted that woman is lower than male just because there is no Tuk in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, which shows how little you know. Well, brother, you have a very long, very rough road ahead. But I can suggest you as member of Sangat, there is no shame in changing your attitude, I hope some day you agree to change and Guru ji will show you the right way.

We need to stay in our human limits. That is why, maryadas were made. Obviously, when one reaches Brahamgyan, then it is a completely different story.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Sister, it depends on avastha. The above is one of the arths of it and I agree to it. But that does not mean that we can negate the arth, which asks a wife to respect her husband as a devtaa. I personally, don't want to be treated as a devta, as I am aware of my very low spiritual level. But, I would like to see Gursikh females show utmost respect to the Gursikh males (treat them as devtay). Similarly, I would like to see a Gursikh son to show utmost respect to her mother. Waheguru jee kaa KhalsaWaheguru jee kee fateh

But you no where said that a husband should respect her wife as A DEVI too.??

But you no where said that a husband should respect her wife as A DEVI too.??

Sister, I have already answered your question.

I don't think (I might be wrong), there is any tuk in Gurbani or Rehatnamay, which instructs a husband to look upon his wife as God (in a literal sense). Gurbani instructs us to look at the jot of Waheguru in all. That includes, wife, dog, ant, plants, etc.

Unquote

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Edited by paapiman

It is very easy to talk like a Brahamgyani, but very hard to walk the talk. We need to stay in our human limits. That is why, maryadas were made. Obviously, when one reaches Brahamgyan, then it is a completely different story. Waheguru jee kaa KhalsaWaheguru jee kee Fateh

Here you are totally right!! But the maryadas should be the true ones as possesed by Guru Ji or the great saints of time.The definition of TRUE maryada shouldn't be changed.(Here I'm not attacking anyone)

Here you are totally right!! But the maryadas should be the true ones as possesed by Guru Ji or the great saints of time.The definition of TRUE maryada shouldn't be changed.(Here I'm not attacking anyone)

You are right. I am pretty sure, Gursikh females of that time considered their husbands as devtay. That is why, we have the term 'patidev'.

Reference sakhi -

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

. Quote I don't think (I might be wrong), there is any tuk in Gurbani or Rehatnamay, which instructs a husband to look upon his wife as God (in a literal sense).. Waheguru jee kaa KhalsaWaheguru jee kee Fateh

This is because In entire Gurbani,a Jeev (as atma) is considered as a female.Hence,we think so. No person other than True master/lord is considered as a Male in gurbani. Edited by sukrit kaur

This is because In entire Gurbani,a Jeev (as atma) is considered as a female.Hence,we think so. No person other than True master/lord is considered as a Male in gurbani.

What about Rehatnamay or Rehat Maryada or Sikh history?

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

"A Gursikhni should maintain a dutiful and placid disposition as a wife. She should regard her husband as her lord, serving him better food than other members of the family and instructing him in the principles of the Sikh faith." [1] (Bhai Chaupa Singh Rehatnama)

[1] - http://www.allaboutsikhs.com/sikh-rehat-maryada/chaupa-singh-rahit-nama-v15-2078#3

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee fateh

What about Rehatnamay or Rehat Maryada or Sikh history? Waheguru jee kaa KhalsaWaheguru jee kee Fateh

I've not read the Rehatnaama yet,so can't put any view.But ,has this mentioned in Rehatnaama to NOT respect wife as a Devi??

I've not read the Rehatnaama yet,so can't put any view.But ,has this mentioned in Rehatnaama to NOT respect wife as a Devi??

It is not mentioned though.

Mother should be looked upon as a devi, not wife.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh