Sant Hari Singh Ji Randhawale and pissed off members grilling him on woman equality

SAadmin

2. Due to innovative women products in western countries, hygienic issues or impurity issue is been reduced to very minimal. Due to women innovative products dealing with period, hygienic impurity issues with women during period is been reduced to almost none. So this circumstantial maryada does not apply in this day and age thanks to technology evolution.

​Maryada cannot be changed according to times. It is Atal.

For example, handicap/disabled people are not allowed to be part of Punj Pyaray. One can argue that due to modern science (Prosthetics), this part of  maryada should change now.

Khalsa jee, stick to the original maryada, as made by Satguru jee. Never ever doubt Satguru jee, as he is the greatest scientist.

Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak dev jee Maharaaj.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

​Maryada cannot be changed according to times. It is Atal.

For example, handicap/disabled people are not allowed to be part of Punj Pyaray. One can argue that due to modern science (Prosthetics), this part of  maryada should change now.

Khalsa jee, stick to the original maryada, as made by Satguru jee. Never ever doubt Satguru jee, as he is the greatest scientist.

Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak dev jee Maharaaj.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

​Not really something cannot be changed, but rest are subjected to individual spiritual development stages, transcendence. Gurbani message trumphs all, tell sant hari singh randhawale to explain this framework:

All though originally updesh given to sharia panthi muslim of that time but gurbani is meant for everyone including off course sikhs,

Ang- 1083

saraa sareeath lae ka(n)maavahu ||
Let your practice be to live the spiritual life.

thareekath tharak khoj ttolaavahu ||
Let your spiritual cleansing be to renounce the world and seek God.

maarafath man maarahu abadhaalaa milahu hakeekath jith fir n maraa ||3||
Let control of the mind be your spiritual wisdom, O holy man; meeting with God, you shall never die again. ||3|

​Not really something cannot be changed, but rest are subjected to individual spiritual development stages, transcendence. Gurbani message trumphs all, tell sant hari singh randhawale to explain this framework:

All though originally updesh given to sharia panthi muslim of that time but gurbani is meant for everyone including off course sikhs,

Ang- 1083

saraa sareeath lae ka(n)maavahu ||
Let your practice be to live the spiritual life.

thareekath tharak khoj ttolaavahu ||
Let your spiritual cleansing be to renounce the world and seek God.

maarafath man maarahu abadhaalaa milahu hakeekath jith fir n maraa ||3||
Let control of the mind be your spiritual wisdom, O holy man; meeting with God, you shall never die again. ||3|

​Bro, what are you trying to imply? I did not understand.

I bet those women have never sat in the darbar but they like making debates for no reason. Many of them were not amritdhari. These same women will later on say we want to come into the gurdwaras with mini skirts and tank tops only.

For example if a bibi comes to take Amrit from the panj pyare and she has a nose earring and other earrings and refuses to take them off should we allow them to take Amrit? In  my opinion no. Some things in sikhi cannot change cause if you change somewhat them it's a slippery slope downwards.

I have a mother and a sister(who is born in the west) who do seva of maharaj Ji. When they have their periods they don't do seva cause they think it's beadbi. Is their thinking wrong? No it's not. They respect guru sahib. 

If you read framework on stages - shariat (dharam khand) , tariqat (gian khand) , marfat (saram and karam khand) and hakikat (sachkhand), you will notice stages state of mind individuals. Here maharaj is advising to adapt spiritual life (inner revelation/introvertness/meditation/contemplation/control of mind) consider that as maryada of shariat (first level), tariqat (second), marfat and hakikat. Guru maharaj just re-defined external rituals here as performed in shariat to raise level of consciouness of seeker (sikh).

I have a mother and a sister(who is born in the west) who do seva of maharaj Ji. When they have their periods they don't do seva cause they think it's beadbi. Is their thinking wrong? No it's not. They respect guru sahib. 

​A shardawaan/soojwaan woman will never do seva of Satguru jee when she has her periods. My mother agrees to it too.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Yes indeed is slippery slope but same can said to mind make it external rehits into dogma, it only becomes slippery slope when mind is not introverted fully to naam where one rises above from external distinctions. Here is another message for transcendence from sri akal ustat:

Sabh Karam Fokat Jaan
Sabh Dharam Nehfil Maan
Bin Ek Naam Adhar
Sabh Karam Bharam Veechar

Consider all actions (rituals) useless
Consider all dharmic acts (shows) fruitless
without the support of the Naam
all acts are just empty ritual or superstition

Yes indeed is slippery slope but same can said to mind make it external rehits into dogma, it only becomes slippery slope when mind is not introverted fully to naam where one rises above from external distinctions. Here is another message for transcendence from sri akal ustat:

Sabh Karam Fokat Jaan
Sabh Dharam Nehfil Maan
Bin Ek Naam Adhar
Sabh Karam Bharam Veechar

Consider all actions (rituals) useless
Consider all dharmic acts (shows) fruitless
without the support of the Naam
all acts are just empty ritual or superstition

​Bro, you are talking from a spiritually very high perspective, which does not apply to majority of so-called Sikhs.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

If you read framework on stages - shariat (dharam khand) , tariqat (gian khand) , marfat (saram and karam khand) and hakikat (sachkhand), you will notice stages state of mind individuals. Here maharaj is advising to adapt spiritual life (inner revelation/introvertness/meditation/contemplation/control of mind) consider that as maryada of shariat (first level), tariqat (second), marfat and hakikat. Guru maharaj just re-defined external rituals here as performed in shariat to raise level of consciouness of seeker (sikh).

​Are the terms - tariqat, marfat and hakikat menioned in Quran?

​Bro, you are talking from a spiritually very high perspective, which does not apply to majority of so-called Sikhs.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

​How do you know? Sangat is Guru-roop, hidden gems resides in sangat. Lets not undermine anyone here bro. Remember sakhi of asthavakar (eight year old pupil who had eight folds in body)? How so called many religious authority hindu leaders laugh at him? when he came to resolve doubts of raja janak? How this eight year disabled boy cleared doubt of raja janak with bhramgyan dristhi breaking hankars of soo called hindu bhramin religious authority in the sabha, told them how they have cham dristhi - limited to only body not to the soul, soul is never affected by anything.

My take is - never undermine anyone just by looking at external body (cham) 

First of all,what ever happened in a GURUDWARA,in presence of satguru Ji is totally INSANE..

In The way the people came and starting asking questions in aggresive tone was not right.

secondly the issue they raised was totally right.The sentence WOMEN ARE APPAVITAR is totally wrong.

I dont believe in any man made rules.All to follow is GURBANI- voice of NIrankaar.I can quote many and many shabads which deny yhis statement.This is Islamic concept.Guru Nanak patsah cleared everything.

and when we are talking about hygiene that is a complete different issue.Concept of hygiene implies on everybody irrespective of one's sex.

What I think when one is trying his/her best to maintain physical hygiene then it's no longer an issue with one's spirituality.

Secondly when they talked about issue of piles ,I got very disappointed at that point.If one is suffering from a disease ,then who is responsible for his sickness?? Of course he not!!! So why to apply restrictions on one's spiritual life.Bhai Randhir singh suffered from Piles(correct me if Im wrong),then shouldnt he stop doing pathh or his bhagti?? I dont think so!! 

As some members are saying that if one is patit or mona or so called eye brow shaver then what?? All matters is his/her spiritual life.The kamai he is doing.The love he has in his heart.The prem.No ego!!!

So I think Women are pure if their hearts arr pure and they know how to maintain physical hygiene.

Come on guys!!!

Leave the islamic approach!!

We are sikhs, not MUSLIMS!!

Edited by sukrit kaur

Baba hari Singhs only fault is that he tried to reason with idiot shit stirrers.

Moorakh naal na lujhiey

maaf karo if the tuk I wrote is incorrect.

​If the above Gurudwara follows the so-called SRM, then in my humble opinion, Gyani jee should have not talked about women and menstruation. It is very important in life to gauge the level of your audience, before doing katha.

Srimaan 108 Sant Gyani Gurbachan Singh jee Khalsa Bhindrawale used to katha of Sri Charitropakian Sahib jee, but the only audience allowed were siyanay people and scholars.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Edited by paapiman

Veer Ji a person of high spiritually would not debate like how those women were screaming and doing beadbi of maharaj Ji 

​You are right, but they seem to be emotionally offended for raising voice - i cannot seem to blame them totally as things are not explained in contexts/stages rather - my way based on traditions or highway.

​How do you know? Sangat is Guru-roop, hidden gems resides in sangat. Lets not undermine anyone here bro. Remember sakhi of asthavakar (eight year old pupil who had eight folds in body)? How so called many religious authority hindu leaders laugh at him? when he came to resolve doubts of raja janak? How this eight year disabled boy cleared doubt of raja janak with bhramgyan dristhi breaking hankars of soo called hindu bhramin religious authority in the sabha, told them how they have cham dristhi - limited to only body not to the soul, soul is never affected by anything.

My take is - never undermine anyone just by looking at external body (cham) 

Bro, sangat is Guru roop, but there is catch to it too. Which do you think, will benefit a seeker more:

Sangat of only one sadhu or sangat in a gurudwara, where most of the people are monay, rhoday, sharabi, kabbabee?

Btw, I think Asthabakar jee Maharaaj was a Brahmin too.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

​You are right, but they seem to be emotionally offended - i cannot seem to blame them too as things are not explained in contexts/stages rather - my maryada or highway.

​What will we do, if half-naked women start coming to Gurudwaras and some singhs stop them? They can get offended too.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Edited by paapiman

In this incident, not just women spoke and many sound arguments were also made by men as well there supporting women. I support their sound arguments and even beleive sant hari singh ji didn't explain orginal katha well or gave proper contexual answers- there were lot of grey areas its not as black and white .....however, women yelling, screaming, throwing tantrums, interrupting live divan of katha was quite childish and manmat on their part. Again giving credit where its due, sant hari singh ji randhwale showed by example on how to have gurmat discussion in quiet and calm manner.

​Yes they seem too. I went there few years ago with bhai sukha singh-katha vachik.

​Then I guess, the below applies:

If the above Gurudwara follows the so-called SRM, then in my humble opinion, Gyani jee should have not talked about women and menstruation. It is very important in life to gauge the level of your audience, before doing katha.

Srimaan 108 Sant Gyani Gurbachan Singh jee Khalsa Bhindrawale used to katha of Sri Charitropakian Sahib jee, but the only audience allowed were siyanay people and scholars.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.