Sant Hari Singh Ji Randhawale and pissed off members grilling him on woman equality

SAadmin

Looks like Sant HarI Singh Ji Randhawale getting grilled, he kept calm. Here is in short what happened. Sant ji was doing katha at dukh nivaran sahib in BC where sangat who had questions came to him abruptly interupted live divan on stage for questions then he advised sangat he will answer questions in seperate room environment. Main question was - why women is considered dirty and cannot go to sri guru granth sahib ji while in period? and he responded its not the question of women being period even if men had washrom issues where he has to keep going on and on to the bathroom that is considered unhygienic due to respect of sri guru granth sahib. 

Here have a listen, i will post my thoughts afterwards.

Please discuss. One thing i have noticed in the debates, our people are quite tribal and junglee when it comes to have discussion..in the videos you will see people yelling and screaming..seriously are we that seriously that pathetic we cannot even discuss things without yelling and screaming? Sant ji kept it quiet and calm as you would expect from gyani who has leant 30-40 years learning gurmat vidya and how to interact with debates. At the end i beleive cops as usual were called in. Unbeleivable sad state of affairs. Thats why internet forums are so important for our community to prepare our people to interact in debates or discussion, because amount of deep layers of stuff we talk about online if it was real life shit will fly in the air.

https://www.facebook.com/jagroop.singh.904/videos/902551259786485/

In this video, she said her freind was threatned by sant hari singh chela..if thats a case unbelievable. he should be charged uttering threats to women.

If 

Typical Saadh making up rehats & contradicting Gurbani. I don't know when our people will open their eyes, evaluate so called traditions on the touch stone of Gurbani and reject the anti Gurmat traditions that have crept into our faith post Guru Gobind Singhs Joti Jot.

Guru Granth Sahib is above every Rehat(nama), other 'ithasik' Granths & 'puratan' traditions out there.

ਮਃ ੧ ॥
First Mehl:
ਜਿਉ ਜੋਰੂ ਸਿਰਨਾਵਣੀ ਆਵੈ ਵਾਰੋ ਵਾਰ ॥
As a woman has her periods, month after month,
ਜੂਠੇ ਜੂਠਾ ਮੁਖਿ ਵਸੈ ਨਿਤ ਨਿਤ ਹੋਇ ਖੁਆਰੁ ॥
so does falsehood dwell in the mouth of the false; they suffer forever, again and again.
ਸੂਚੇ ਏਹਿ ਨ ਆਖੀਅਹਿ ਬਹਨਿ ਜਿ ਪਿੰਡਾ ਧੋਇ ॥
They are not called pure, who sit down after merely washing their bodies.
ਸੂਚੇ ਸੇਈ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਜਿਨ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਿਆ ਸੋਇ ॥੨॥
Only they are pure, O Nanak, within whose minds the Lord abides. ||2||

Maybe its a Damdami Taksal Maryada?

Can someone please go through Sant Gurbachan SIngh JI Khalsa Bhindranwale's Maryada and see what they say on menstrual cycle ?
http://www.rajkaregakhalsa.net/downloads/Gurbani/gurbani-path-darpan.pdf

I guess the Damdami Taksaal Website Says
"Women should not sit in the Guru’s Hazoori or do Chaur Sahib when they are menstruating."
http://www.damdamitaksaal.org/code-of-conduct

NONE OF THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION I HAVE COPIED AND PASTED FROM DAMDAMI TAKSAL'S WEBSITE.

Its so unfortunate how simple message of sikhi -naam japo - meditation , kirat karo -honest living and vand shako and seva is been reduced to such first level shariat dogmatic notions and in fighting over it. Sant hari Singh should keep the message simple no point taking sangat into  bhamal bhosa fighting over it.

Why dictate DDT maryada on mainstream panthic gurdwara? Do you see AKJ, nihang or nirmale superimposing their maryada on regular gurdwaras?

I am big fan of taksali aka nirmala literature which relates to individual spirituality but when it comes to women equality they are totally out of depth and are deemed sexist.

ਮਃ ੧ ॥
First Mehl:
ਜਿਉ ਜੋਰੂ ਸਿਰਨਾਵਣੀ ਆਵੈ ਵਾਰੋ ਵਾਰ ॥
As a woman has her periods, month after month,
ਜੂਠੇ ਜੂਠਾ ਮੁਖਿ ਵਸੈ ਨਿਤ ਨਿਤ ਹੋਇ ਖੁਆਰੁ ॥
so does falsehood dwell in the mouth of the false; they suffer forever, again and again.
ਸੂਚੇ ਏਹਿ ਨ ਆਖੀਅਹਿ ਬਹਨਿ ਜਿ ਪਿੰਡਾ ਧੋਇ ॥
They are not called pure, who sit down after merely washing their bodies.
ਸੂਚੇ ਸੇਈ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਜਿਨ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਿਆ ਸੋਇ ॥੨॥
Only they are pure, O Nanak, within whose minds the Lord abides. ||2||

SikhKoj absolutely hit the nail on the head  " Only they are pure, O Nanak within whose minds the Lord abides " 

Sadly these type of people causing havoc in Gurudawaras resulting in Police presence absolutely disgrace. Theres many of these events happening and posted on youtube , where sikhs boycott a katha , fights start . I personally believe the agenda is different , may be a personal grudge .

I'm no katha vachak or claim to know Gurbani , in fact its the opposite but my 2 ps worth on this is that The Gurbani shabad pasted by SikhKoj sums it up , if a person has love for the almighty , true love one would automatically know within there inner selves , in terms of pure or not , are they genuine or not .

and he responded its not the question of women being period even if men had washrom issues where he has to keep going on and on to the bathroom that is considered unhygienic due to respect of sri guru granth sahib. 

Unquote

Good point by Gyani jee. 

Any person (male or female or otherwise) who is bleeding, not feeling well, has diarrhea, cold, running nose, high fever, on medications, has flu, any type of infection, any kind of contagious disease, etc must avoid doing Chaur sahib seva, kirtan, katha, langar seva, Maharaaj de seva, etc. This should be common sense as it maintains proper hygiene.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Edited by paapiman

I guess counter argument against that would be - this comparison does not make sense as its being implied - women who got their periods every month are un-naturally/out of ordinary sick as its being compared to male who have urinated/cold/flu problems. However, thats simply not true- women periods is quite natural there is nothing out of ordinary about it.

I really doubt guru nanak dev ji or sri guru gobind singh ji would have refused woman who has sharda and prem to have their darshan/seva just because of their period, Here we are talking about normal mind being automatically drawn to super cosmic pure light mind of our Guru's (neddle being drawn to mass divine magnet) not talking about normal royal visit. 

I am with sangat on this one, i think sant hari singh ji with all due respect is little out of depth on this one. I cannot believe gyani of highest calibre of gurmat gyan wrapping their head around small questionable sakhi using that as precedence over gurbani and cannot think pass beyond body/nitty gritty hygienic issues of male and female. 

He should have explained things in stages/context because most relative realities/truth are underpinned by absolute reality/truth (god in all, all in god-everything gods expression). Once we loose absolute truth/reality underpinning then there is quite high tendency of getting fixated on these nitty gritty relatives realities and make that our reality. It's really a time now to raise collective consciousness of our community, its way too behind or tribal in comparison to gurbani gurmat wisdom.

I guess counter argument against that would be - this comparison does not make sense as its being implied - women who got their periods every month are un-naturally/out of ordinary sick as its being compared to male who have urinated/cold/flu problems. However, thats simply not true- women periods is quite natural there is nothing out of ordinary about it.

Cycles are natural, but they cause hardships to women. It is a bit similar, to being sick. We cannot deny that. A lady is under pain and I am guessing, most ladies don't enjoy that feeling.

The abdominal pain, backaches, and nausea during a woman’s period can actually affect how she thinks and feels, reducing her cognitive ability. Menstrual cramps can interfere with selective attention, attention span, and dividing and switching attention between two tasks, according to a 2014 study published in the journal Pain. So, women’s period pain goes beyond the sensory experience.

Unquote [1]

[1] - http://www.medicaldaily.com/menstrual-cycle-7-little-known-things-about-periods-and-female-body-330874

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Edited by paapiman

I really doubt guru nanak dev ji or sri guru gobind singh ji would have refused woman who has sharda and prem to have their darshan/seva just because of their period, Here we are talking about normal mind being automatically drawn to super cosmic pure light mind of our Guru's (neddle being drawn to mass divine magnet) not talking about normal royal visit. 

Bro, ​Guru sahib would also not reject a person, who does not bath daily, but has prem and sharda. Does that mean, we should stop following the maryada of bathing everyday?

Maryada is meant for ordinary people like me. It should be followed. Once a person reaches Brahamgyan, it is a different story. Even then, Baba Budha jee Maharaaj was told to follow maryada (he had stopped doing nitnaym after Brahamgyan) by Satguru jee himself.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

I am with sangat on this one, i think sant hari singh ji with all due respect is little out of depth on this one. I cannot believe gyani of highest calibre of gurmat gyan wrapping their head around small questionable sakhi using that as precedence over gurbani and cannot think pass beyond body/nitty gritty hygienic issues of male and female. 

​Hygiene might not matter to a Brahamgyani, but for normal humans, it is very very important to move forward in the field of spirituality.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Edited by paapiman

Why dictate DDT maryada on mainstream panthic gurdwara? Do you see AKJ, nihang or nirmale superimposing their maryada on regular gurdwaras?

I am big fan of taksali aka nirmala literature which relates to individual spirituality but when it comes to women equality they are totally out of depth and are deemed sexist.

I only brought up DDT because I thought Baba Hari singh studied from sent gurbachan singh ji Khalsa bhindrawale.

My analysis is that people were not there to get any answers. They were there filled with their ego and anger to put down Baba Hari Singh.

The women are all riled up because they felt they were being judged. Pure case of feminism trying to put down a man of high calibre. Did you see how she demanded an apology from Baba Hari Singh . All she wanted was for Baba Ji to suck up to her and say you are right.  Did you see how this woman had cut hair/layered/yes I am judging from outer appearance because mostly it is true. What the hell does she know about maryada. And I feel sorry for the guys who suck up to woman just because she is a woman, without using their own brains to determine what is gurmat or not.

The issue was that the feminist women got hurt /disrespected for no reason and wanted a man of high position to apologize to them and appease their feminist egos.

The women are all riled up because they felt they were being judged. Pure case of feminism trying to put down a man of high calibre. Did you see how she demanded an apology from Baba Hari Singh . All she wanted was for Baba Ji to suck up to her and say you are right.  Did you see how this woman had cut hair/layered/yes I am judging from outer appearance because mostly it is true. What the hell does she know about maryada. And I feel sorry for the guys who suck up to woman just because she is a woman, without using their own brains to determine what is gurmat or not.

​Bro, I saw her eyebrows too. It seems that she has committed bajjar kurehit of cutting kesh. But, we could be wrong as she might have received laser hair treatment and then taken amrit. It also seems that she has an earring in her ear (piercing body parts is not allowed in Sikhism), but she could be wearing the one, which does not require piercing.

Only God knows, if she is amritdhari or not. If she is not, then she has no right to interfere in Sikh matters.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Edited by paapiman

Bro, ​Guru sahib would also not reject a person, who does not bath daily, but has prem and sharda. Does that mean, we should stop following the maryada of bathing everyday?

Maryada is meant for ordinary people like me. It should be followed. Once a person reaches Brahamgyan, it is a different story. Even then, Baba Budha jee Maharaaj was told to follow maryada (he had stopped doing nitnaym after Brahamgyan) by Satguru jee himself.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

​You do some have weight in your argument. However its just not proportionate with women with period for for following reasons-

1. This implies women does not take bath  but in fact they do during period or off period 

2.  Due to women innovative products dealing with period, hygienic impurity issues with women during period is been reduced to almost none. So this circumstantial maryada does not apply in this day and age thanks to technology evolution.

3. The problem is many sikhs have failed to realized - realities realities (in this case small maryada of preventing women doing seva of maharaj during their period) is subjected to change as its circumstantial based on individual jevan basis and more importantly subjected to underpinning of absolute reality of maharaj  - inner soul intention-sharda and prem- feeling so both for and against argument towards this small maryada rule cannot be used as precedence either way. 

​Bro, I saw her eyebrows too. It seems that she has committed bajjar kurehit of cutting kesh. But, we could be wrong as she might have received laser hair treatment and then taken amrit. It also seems that she has an earring in her ear (piercing body parts is not allowed in Sikhism), but she could be wearing the one, which does not require piercing.

Only God knows, if she is amritdhari or not. If she is not, then she has no right to interfere in Sikh matters.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

​Just because she plucked her eye brows does not mean she cannot have good sound argument- vahiguru exist in everyone operating mysteriously through everyone   its exactly this type of cheap shots from hard liners, people are being put off from sikhi all together.

I stand by with her.

​You do some have weight in your argument. However its just not proportionate with women with period for for following reasons-

1. This implies women does not take bath  but in fact they do during period or off period 

​Bro, but menstruation is a bit different from urinating/excreting. Correct me if I am wrong - when women have periods, they can bleed at any time. But urination/excretion can be controlled by diet.

So, for example, when a person excretes, the possibility of him/her excreting again within the next 6-7 hours is very low. Therefore, when he/she takes a bath, a good amount of bodily purity can be maintained for many hours to do seva of Satguru jee. Now, this is different from periods. I don't think women can predict their periods (in a day) like a human can predict excreting times. Therefore, even if she takes a bath, she can menstruate soon after that.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Edited by paapiman

​Just because she plucked her eye brows does not mean she cannot have good sound argument- vahiguru exist in everyone operating mysteriously through everyone   its exactly this type of cheap shots from hard liners, people are being put off from sikhi all together.

I stand by with her.

​It is possible that she can have a sound argument. There is no doubt about that. But if she is a patit, then she has no rights to interfere in Gurmat matters. She can express her opinion in a newspaper, but not in a Gurudwara.

For example, we cannot allow patits to start doing katha in Gurudwaras.

Having said the above, I am not sure whether she is a patit or not.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Edited by paapiman