Islamic dawa?

Crystal

​I don't know about any version and don't care,  but the foul words you have just used to insult our culture is just what you are about these days.

ego is not allowing yourself to apologise when you know you have deliberately told lies about someone.

​That works two ways you know... and I said nothing bad about culture.  I said that the version of DDT that Paapiman is claiming is against Gurbani teachings about equality.  How is that foul in any way shape or form?  However from your language I assume you are young... but you insulted me on several occasions, and aksed me to leave a public forum, and have as of yet not apologized, so you have your answer. 

Here I am in 100% agreement... however Canada does not follow the US thinking in any of these things... 

Yet now ISIS is calling for attacks in ALL Western countries simply for the reason that they consider us all to be immoral spawns of Satan. 

So you do think that we should not do anything to defend ourselves against such attacks?

More exaggeration of threats which is a typical western thing. You need your bogey men.

This is 'blow back' for western interference. Let it die down, and learn your lesson. Stay the eff at home. 

Western solutions to the problem is putting petrol on fire.   

It's inevitable that some people are going to try and strike back now. Nothing we can do about that. It's so obvious that getting embroiled in more bullshit international interference is only going to increase the chances of retaliation - but maybe that is what you people want?

​... and I said nothing bad about culture.

​don't try and backtrack now. you insulted our culture of bowing to women saying that it ends in female infanticide. that is an outrageous statement to make.

you told lies about me on a public forum and you know it. trying to play the victim card. and now you accuse me of insulting you? you are bringing this forum down. You have been for some time.

​don't try and backtrack now. you insulted our culture of bowing to women saying that it ends in female infanticide. that is an outrageous statement to make.

you told lies about me on a public forum and you know it. trying to play the victim card. and now you accuse me of insulting you? you are bringing this forum down. You have been for some time.

​I never said bowing to women = female infanticide.  Nor have I insulted any culture!!!

If you are going to quote, then quote correctly. What I said was to suggest that a woman should only be bowed to if she produces a male child (as per Paapiman's statement) that line of thinking creates inequality between males and females - it suggests that a woman is only respected if she can produce a male child, not because she would be a Mother or a woman. And that kind of thinking, putting males in priority over females, is what causes selective abortion etc to have males.  (because males are seen as respected more).

I never said this was how actual culture or practice is... In fact I don't believe it is.  So get it right... I was criticizing Paapiman's description of how it is (which I do not agree is what actually happens).  In other words I think Paapiman is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!  <<<-----  If you have an issue with this description of Punjabi Sikh culture and if this is NOT how it truly is, then please feel free to correct Paapiman!

However I will warn you that he is adamant that 1) women are supposed ot bow to their husbands and see their husband as a demi God  2) that he does not see her as a demi God and does not bow to her  3) in marriage the husband has 'higher status' than the wife and deserves more respect from her, than she deserves from him 4) only once she has children will she be bowed to, so therefore she is only respected ina  similar light to him, if she bears children.  I am not saying at all this is reality.  I am saying this is how Paapiman THINKS reality is and THAT is what I was speaking against because it does not agree with Gurbani! 

Do you understand??

And those who are bringing it down, are those so immersed in male ego that they become so defensive of the mere suggestion that a Bibi should have equal rights in Sikhi to them!  THAT'S what is bringing it down!

Edited by Satkirin_Kaur

This topic will be closed very shortly..friendly reminder to our members, kindly stick to the topic in future to avoid further topic locks/off-topics removal into new topic etc. Islamic dawa had nothing to do with sikh ethos miles apart.