Girl destroys feminism in 3 minutes/ feminism gone crazy

SAadmin

Some one bought up great neutral point to reply this lady above:

Reasons I am a feminist is almost the same as your reasons to not be. But. If we stop here and instead of acting like feminism is something bad. Can we not bring these questions of RAPE up, both from men and women. Can't we bring up the questions about MENTAL ILNESS for both men and women. ABUSE for men and women. I don't care what you are calling yourself, as long as you are doing something about these problems. Not putting all energy on which label you prefer in your fight to eqality

Feminist gone crazy -

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/kitchener-women-say-they-were-stopped-by-police-for-cycling-topless-1.3169479

Three Kitchener, Ont., sisters are planning to file a formal complaint after they say they were stopped by a police officer for cycling topless.

Tameera, Nadia and Alysha Mohamed took off their shirts while riding their bikes in downtown Kitchener on Friday evening because of the heat. They say they received mostly positive reaction, until a police officer stopped them on Shanley Street.

Tameera Mohamed

Tameera Mohamed and her sisters say they were stopped by a Waterloo Regional police officer for cycling downtown while topless. (Submitted by: Tameera Mohamed)

"He said, 'Ladies, you need to put on some shirts,'" said Tameera Mohamed. "We said, 'No we don't ... it's our legal right in Ontario to be topless as women.'"

The officer said there had been complaints, according to Mohamed. She said the officer began backtracking once her sister, Alysha, began recording with her smartphone. The officer then denied having pulled them over for riding topless, before letting them continue their ride, Mohamed said.

"We went on our way and went straight to the police station to report it," she said.

Waterloo regional police acknowledge there was an incident involving three topless female cyclists and a police officer, but would not discuss the incident in detail.

"We're doing an internal review on the situation," said Staff Sgt. Michael Haffner. "It is a current law that if a female chooses to go topless, that is their right."

The sisters say they plan to file a formal complaint with the Office of the Independent Police Review Director, which oversees public complaints against municipal and regional police services in Ontario as well as the Ontario Provincial Police.

"When men take off their tops in public, it's clearly because it's a hot day and clearly it's for their comfort. Women should be given the same freedom," said Nadia Mohamed. "Even though legally we have that right, socially we clearly don't."

The women are holding a rally in uptown Waterloo on Saturday to support the desexualizing of women's bodies. Shirts will be optional.

In July 1991, University of Guelph student Gwen Jacob was charged after removing her top on a hot summer day. That act started a movement, eventually giving all women in Ontario the legal right to expose their breasts.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/women-can-go-topless-in-ontario-but-they-don-t-want-to-fearing-harassment-1.3171257

It's been more than 20 years since Gwen Jacob walked topless down a street in Guelph, Ont., and was charged with committing an indecent act. That sparked a court battle that ultimately vindicated her, and the courts ruled it was legal for women to go topless in Ontario.

Just because it's legal to go without tops, however, doesn't mean it's culturally any easier for women to do it now than it was for Jacob in 1991. 

"We have a pervasive culture of women being harassed on streets all the time," said Aimee Morrison, associate English professor at the University of Waterloo and frequent commenter on women's issues.

Morrison says many women still fear being harassed, so opt to remain covered. "We very much have a culture of policing what girls and women can and cannot do with their bodies in public spaces, in order to be deemed blameless or appropriately feminine," she said.

On Friday, three sisters in Kitchener, Ont., went for a topless bike ride and say they were stopped by a police officer who asked them to put their shirts back on.

Waterloo Regional Police acknowledge there was an incident involving three topless female cyclists and a police officer, but they wouldn't discuss the incident in detail. The sisters, Tameera, Nadia and Alysha Mohamed, said they will file a formal complaint with the Office of the Independent Police Review Director over the incident. 

It's just the latest incident involving women and girls not wearing tops that has sparked outrage. In June, an eight-year-old girl was asked to cover up her bare chest at a swimming pool in Guelph. After her parents complained that the city's swimming attire policy was sexist and old-fashioned, the City of Guelph said it would review the policy.

"The law is a little bit more progressive in its understanding of what is and is not indecent between men's abilities to go topless and women's abilities to go topless," said Aimee Morrison, 

"But culturally, there is not a norm in Waterloo Region, or in Canada or North America generally where we are used to seeing women do this," she said.

The three sisters plan to hold a rally in Waterloo on Saturday to support the desexualization of women's bodies "with people wearing as much or as little on their torsos" as they might be comfortable with, Tameera Mohamed told CBC.

Pervasive culture of harassment

An informal poll of women in downtown Kitchener revealed what you might expect — women are not keen to embrace toplessness. 

"For the most part, I think most of the men out there are respectful, but there's the odd few that may not be so respectful," said Chantal Chartrand. "So that would worry me for sure."

It's a safety issue for her and her two adult daughters in their 20s, she added. 

"I just wouldn't feel comfortable doing it," said Morgan Scoyne, who said it didn't make a difference whether it was on a city street or at the beach. 

That's no surprise to Morrison, who says women constantly deal with comments on their appearance.

"In rape culture, there's this pervasive idea that women are available always for male attention, and if that male attention  becomes really undesirable, that somehow the woman has provoked it," said Morrison. 

"I think women are understandably quite wary that if they receive any sort of negative, ogling, leering attention for appearing in public without a shirt on, people will say, 'Well of course, you were asking for it.' Boobs, obviously, right? You did that to yourself," she said.

"Rather than be blamed for receiving attention they don't want to receive, they try to manage the circumstances of their appearance in public so that that won't happen."

Double standard?

Morrison also sees a link between the way people react to women's breasts and they way they react to the current trend of women growing and dyeing their armpit hair. 

"When you do those sort of man-on-the-street interviews, the amount of revulsion and horror that people are expressing at the idea that women might have body hair that other people don't want to look at it, you never hear [the same] about men," she said.

I understand and support her point of de-sexualizing women but there are other ways to put your point across then going topless cycling. It's like one of those PETA fanatics, they gone extreme lengths promoting vegeterian diet by throbbing their propaganda on facebook and in their rallies..people should stay away from anything extreme right wing or extreme left wing because you loose view of centre/neutral view-gurmat.

Their last name is Mohamed and they were cycling topless ? wow

I know I am no one to judge, but still...

Not speaking regarding their case as we don't know if their families are ultra conservations or liberal..But like to point usually people go extreme left wing by revolting against extreme right wing conservative type of environment/ extreme male chauvinist type of environment.

Not speaking regarding their case as we don't know if their families are ultra conservations or liberal..But like to point usually people go extreme left wing by revolting against extreme right wing conservative type of environment/ extreme male chauvinist type of environment.

Well, if enough women did it often enough, eventually everyone (males included) would become desensitized to it. 

Personally, I think it should go the other way... nobody goes topless.  There is really no difference between how a male breast looks and a female breast looks... aside from size and probably some hair.  (and in some larger men even size is not so different - look up "gynecomastia") Nipples are nipples... everyone has them.  If one shouldn't "bare" them  in public (haha see what I did there?) then nobody should.  One could argue if that women's are seen as sexual, then men's also could as well for the exact same reasons.  Men also derive pleasure from their nipples being stimulated, so it's not only women.  I think both should keep them covered. And men who think only women should, are hypocrites. 

Personally I don't want to see ANYONE'S nipples... least of all big hairy men's nipples.  Nobody should go topless! And as for breastfeeding, it can be done using a small blanket to cover the nipple so nobody sees.  Though it is kind of funny that we deem nature's way to feed infants as being 'obscene' when you think about it... 

What the hell is wrong with someone's nipples?  They are a part of a human body aren't they? 

The only problem these nipples can create is when it comes to their unwanted exposure to the rest of humanity.  We human beings are not all same when it comes to deciding what is decent and what isn't.  It is absolutely ridiculous to show off ones nipples to others but if some very clever person wants to show them to others then he or she should be protected by the police officers because they get paid for doing so. Believe you me, there is nothing beautiful about anyone's  nipple be they man, woman or a monkey for that matter.  Once I saw cow's nipples and someone was trying to milk them and I am sure there was no police officer in sight on foot or on bicycle.  So, it just goes to show the police officers are just harassing the girls and nothing more.

Feminism is the sixth largest religion in the 21st century and sikhism needs it like no one's business.  There is no doubt the sikh religion is very fair in allowing equality to both the genders but the sikh community whether in diaspora or not still lives in stone age times.  Women are still treated  very subserviently, as third class individuals despite how educated and westernized they might be. They have to obey their husbands, fathers, brothers as if they are the only authority on earth.  They are constantly being  put down by their menfolks and no one gives a shite........................

There is no doubt the sikh religion is very fair in allowing equality to both the genders but the sikh community whether in diaspora or not still lives in stone age times.  Women are still treated  very subserviently, as third class individuals despite how educated and westernized they might be. They have to obey their husbands, fathers, brothers as if they are the only authority on earth.  They are constantly being  put down by their menfolks and no one gives a shite........................

If they are treated subserviently then how can that be 'equality'??  And how is Sikhi fair in giving equality if women are still told by men that they can't do a lot of the seva? It's not equality so why does nearly every article on Sikhi say that it has equality?  It teaches it... but it's not practiced.  

Anyway, I think nobody should show their breasts - equally LOL.  Men and women should both wear shirts... Have a bit of modesty and self-respect.  And save SOMETHING for your spouse only.