Sarbloh Granth

I still dont know much about it......from what Ive gathered

It gives permanent bir ras

It is mostly Khalsa related praise

It is is kept hidden by Nihungs

is that right?

anyway i recently read an article on the net that said the sarbloh granth wasnt gurujis work.....since the style of writing is different and the poets name is "gobind das" which guruji doesnt usually use....plus there are references to texts which are written after guruji went to saackhand (passed away)......cud that b tru?

anyway i dont want 2 make a decision cuz i know nothing about the text, i havent even read it, so can some learned ppl eg narsingha lalehsvari n that other person tell me a bit more pleeeeez

As far as I know, Sarb Loh Granth is Gurmukhi translation/transliteration/interpretation of Indian mythology.Like Mahabharat, Ramayan etc.My mother is reading the Steek of Sarb Loh Granth right now, so I'll ask about her about it.I haven't read it, so what I've just said could be wrong.Again I'll ask my mother to tell me more thoroughly.

One thing I do know, you have to have a tough mental constitution to read it.And don't read it after sunset.That's what my mother says.

• 2 weeks later...

This 'Granth' has been published in two volumes by 'Budhha Dall'. The stroy of 'sarab loh' has been told in poetry in this great book. Some other stories of Vishnu's incarnations are also there.

Its language is reallly difficult than Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji.

What else do you want to know, sir?

-Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

www.amritweb.com

'Bir ras' is in the blood of 'Khalsa'. When I say 'Khalsa', it means 'Khalsa Panth'. It is not right to say 'Khalsa' to a single person. A single man could be un-aware of 'Sarab loh Granth', but 'Khalsa' knows everything, because 'Khalsa' is actually 'Guru Khalsa'.

You wrote, "is it tru it gives u permanent bir ras? (that sounds kinda badass 2 me )".

Permanent bir ras? Is there some temporary bir ras? Are you serious? No one can give anyone bir ras. Bir ras is already there in our blood. True Khalsa knows this.

'Sarab loh' is a big book. Its language is different from 'Sri Dasam Granth Sahib'. So, some people say that 'Sarab loh' is not Gurbani. I do not want to say weither it is Gurbani or not.

Did you ever read 'Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji' and 'Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji'? If not, then just read these 'Granths' first.

And please tell me what is meaning of 'Soulja' in your ID?

soulja is the ghetto spelling of soldier lol

yeh ive read about 40% of guru granth (not in order) and ive read all the parts of the dasam granth that are given in jodh singhs translation of the dasam granth......thats in english though.

bir ras is just warrior essence.....isnt it? chandi di var gives temporary bir ras........like psyches u up for a bit......but it dnt last.......apparently sarbloh granth gives it permanently!! (maybe i heard a dodgy source).

and ive read all the parts of the dasam granth that are given in jodh singhs translation of the dasam granth......thats in english though.

Dear veer Khalsa Soulja ji, you have read just TRANSLATION, not 'Sri Dasam Granth'. When you read both of 'granths', 'Sri Dasam Granth' and 'Sri Sarab Loh Granth', you will find that there is deffrence of language and style in both 'Granths'.

Dear veer Narsingha ji, Bharati (Indian) critics of poetry have written about nine 'rasas'. 'Bir ras' is one of them. Here is the list of 'rasas':

1. 'Shingaar' (eroticism/amorous sentiments),

2. 'Hasya' (humorous/wit),

3. 'Karuna' (pathos/pity/compassion),

4. 'Raudra' (sentiment of furiousness),

5. 'Bir ras' (sentiment of heroism/bravery),

6. 'Bhyanak' (terrible/fearful/dreadful),

7. 'Bibhatsa',

8. 'Adbhut' (wonderful/strange/marvellous),

9. 'Shaant' (peaceful).

These 'rasas' are actually sentiments or moods.

'Bir ras' (Sanskrit: veer ras) is sentiment of bravery or heroism.

But most of the people do not know what is bravery. Some people think that attack on armless children, women and men in Iraq with heavy arms is bravery. Some people think it is bravery to put a atomic bomb on Japan and kill hundreds of thousands innocent people.

Our Bharati (indian) saints of poetry knew what the real bravery is. They said there are four kinds of bravery:

(1) Yudh-veer (to fight in battlefield), {for example: Baba Banda Singh Ji Bahadur}.

(2) Dya-veer (to show mercy on people), {for example: Guru Harkrishan showed mercy on people of Delhi, when they were dying with chicken pox}.

(3) Daan-veer (to donate), {for example: daanveer 'Karan' in 'Mahabharat'}.

(4) Dharam-veer (to sacrifice for religion or others), {for example: Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Maharaj, who sacrificed himself for others.}.

So, 'bir ras' means to fight bravely; to show mercy; to donate; and to sacrifice for others.

This is what I am taught.

-Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

www.amritweb.com

S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali),

Punjab, Bharat (India).