Tories dump Sikh candidate who touts therapies to turn gay youth straight

SAadmin

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-election-2015-conservative-candidate-jagdish-grewal-gay-youth-1.3259324

First right wing tories give him platform to spew rubbish behalf of them, then since its election time, they totally distance themselves from him, kick him out throw him full under the bus. I bet if he was normal time not election time, his views would be pretty consistent with right wing tories conservatives values, his right wing notions will be celebrated after all these right wing zealots have things in common  - play divisive games, pit one group against others, claim all kinds of unsubstantiated right wing tea party rubbish.

When will our people will learn how not to be used by others for their own political agenda?

Edited by N30 S!NGH

Let me get this straight , problem isn't what his statement is - he can believe whatever he wants to do, he has full right to do so but problem he along with other right wing shenanigans like him using political secular platform to spread his views. He has speak to all of his constituents not just sikhs. Its not limited to only sikh only platform...also i have seen others also including evangelical / Anglican/sharia islamic influenced people also bringing their tribal views as well in secular context- which is contrary to fabric of this great Canadian nation - charter right and freedoms.

It's so bloody ironic that people will attack same values - charter right and freedoms which gave them full rights to practise of religion, liberty, to wear whatever they wish when they are in comfortable position.

We should stop becoming like ungrateful some of crazy sullehs people who eats the hands that feed them, give them opportunity to start a new life in country but yes  at the same time we should also be vary of going too left as well.

Integrate not annihilate. Thats the key.

Edited by N30 S!NGH

Integrate not annihilate. Thats the key.

That's the thing though, certain places (like England I believe) play the long game to annihilate whilst pretending to champion integration. 

Only communities themselves can protect themselves against being absorbed into a larger host, some appear to be more successful than others in this game.  

All the games like subtly trying to dictate marriage norms in religious institutes are part of the ploy. 

Edited by dalsingh101

I  think its comes down to political will of the party leader for example here - we have three parties, not all are playing colonising games of past some of leaders such as liberal past leader- trudeau, paul martin and jean chertian really helped aborginal first nation people help them with royalties, better health, perserving their tradition/culture, infrastructure, education, reserves, addictions programs for them in the past but there are many corrupt leaders within first nations who ate lot of money just like how we have badal and co.

Edited by N30 S!NGH

He has tarnished the image of Sikhs. Now all the gorey thinks Sikhs think like this. It's not helping our image.

I want to know why he was even running for the Tories! Doesn't he see what the conservatives are doing? For example the niqab debate. Harper is stirring this thing so he can get the racist vote from Quebec. I bet harper also thinks of the dastar as the same thing. Harper is dividing the country apart. The former conservative premier of Newfoundland Danny Williams even said don't vote Harper. If a conservative says don't vote for conservatives then you know the party is bad lol. I'm surprised this retard jagdish grewal doesn't see that.

He has tarnished the image of Sikhs. Now all the gorey thinks Sikhs think like this. It's not helping our image.

I want to know why he was even running for the Tories! Doesn't he see what the conservatives are doing? For example the niqab debate. Harper is stirring this thing so he can get the racist vote from Quebec. I bet harper also thinks of the dastar as the same thing. Harper is dividing the country apart. The former conservative premier of Newfoundland Danny Williams even said don't vote Harper. If a conservative says don't vote for conservatives then you know the party is bad lol. I'm surprised this retard jagdish grewal doesn't see that.

Some of our naive desis usually put one or two minor issues as forefront to affiliate themselves with party that and quick opportunity to enjoy mp freedom. These days becoming entry level mp is as easy as having real estate license, good vocal spokesperson at the gurdwara/temple/church/mosque. These people don't realize, conservatives gorreh will never have these people at higher positions, they always will be used as stragetic ethnic tokens, street level water boys, photo-ops, push bills like controversial two tier citizenship bills (using desi to table the bill c24.- how bloody convenient ) 

Edited by N30 S!NGH

his views would be pretty consistent with right wing tories conservatives values, 

That;s strange, over here in the UK, tories seem pretty okay with homosexuality. Butthen you have to contextualise it with emerging accusations of paedophilia amongst MPs.

I mean even the current tory prime minister has just been accused to sticking his p**is in a dead pig's head (or something) in some toff initiation rite..

Homosexuality was actually included in the DSM (official diagnostic manual of psychiatry and psychology) as a disorder but was later removed for political reasons. There was concern that politicians would use the inclusion of homosexuality within the DSM as an excuse to stigmatize gays. That being said, there is no scientific basis that it is not an illness. Over time the heavy propaganda push from the SJW types has forced society to accept it. Now, their propaganda has reached such an extreme that people cannot even publically say that they think a homosexual lifestyle is wrong without fearing for their jobs.

Of course, this politician should have been savvy enough to realise that publicly stating such things in today's environment is political suicide. 

Edited by Xylitol