Drunk’ Bhagwant Mann forced to leave bhog

In a major embarrassment for the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), its Sangrur MP, Bhagwant Mann, was forced to leave the bhog ceremony of the two men killed in police firing after he was allegedly found drunk by a former granthi.

Jagtar Singh, the former granthi of Darbar Sahib, Amritsar, said Mann, when confronted, left the stage immediately.
“I found Mann was smelling foul and told him to leave the stage. We are struggling with the case of disrespect to the Guru Granth Sahib and how can a man come drunk on the stage where Guru Granth Sahib Parkash had been done. I feel Mann should not be allowed to share any panthic stage in future and he should apologise to the whole of Punjab for this shameful act,” said Jagtar Singh

When contacted, Mann denied being under the influence of alcohol at Bargari village. “It is a conspiracy against me. One can easily imagine who are the persons behind it. The whole party is pained after the incident and the Delhi Chief Minister (Arvind Kejriwal) also came yesterday to share grief with the families.”

When The Indian Express contacted Baljit Singh Daduwal, the Sikh preacher who was managing the stage, he said, “I am not aware of this incident, it may have happened when I was not on the stage for sometime.”

- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/drunk-bhagwant-mann-forced-to-leave-bhog/#sthash.WDWiAxZX.o0jzNEb7.dpuf

This party is considered as savior of sikhs and Punjab by many 

Does he have alcoholic problem? is he an addict?

Mann's problem of alcoholism was well known to AAP PAC (Political Affairs Committee). He was not made the Leader of Parliament party, as he would often go to Parliament smelling of alcohol," claimed expelled AAP leader Prashant Bhushan in a tweet.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-aap-mp-bhagwant-mann-faces-angry-crowd-at-bhog-ceremony-2138949

Bhawant Mann has claimed that he was not drunk and he clarified it on facebook. So, may be he is right or may be he is wrong. It's better not to create a judgement based on half truths. There are many these day who are blindly accusing RSS, some are accusing badals, some are accusing some other foreign element. No-one knows what is the truth. Best option is NOT to create communal rift in Punjab by carelessly accusing common man of particular religion or generalizing the ongoings.

We're living in bad times where we don't know what is truth and what is false; just like a mirage where we think that what is see is truth but it's not.

Edited by das

Bhawant Mann has claimed that he was not drunk and he clarified it on facebook. So, may be he is right or may be he is wrong. It's better not to create a judgement based on half truths. There are many these day who are blindly accusing RSS, some are accusing badals, some are accusing some other foreign element. No-one knows what is the truth. Best option is NOT to create communal rift in Punjab by carelessly accusing common man of particular religion or generalizing the ongoings.

We're living in bad times where we don't know what is truth and what is false; just like a mirage where we think that what is see is truth but it's not.

What else he will say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkHwIitu4Sg

Look at above video , he was thrown by people and he did not say a word. If he was in sober condition then he would have fought very hard

Look at above video , he was thrown by people and he did not say a word. If he was in sober condition then he would have fought very hard

The video do NOT prove he was drunk; also the argument "if he was in sober condition then he would have fought very hard......" do not prove that he was drunk; this argument is just a generalizing based upon your current thinking without realizing the conditions of that time. Have you ever faced a mob with sword? I guess not (based upon my personal thinking) because there is a difference between bravery vs egoist bravery (foolishness). And if you say that a true warrior should fight no matter what, then obviously you have never faced the real situation. That's why strategy plays an important role in all wars. e.g a arrow could be fired by bow only if the string is pulled backward first.

Again I'm not saying, he is guilty or not. I do NOT know. He may or may not have drunk. The whole point is: What is the truthful proof either way? Even in the past, lot of killings (1947) happened just because someone says that somewhere our community members are killed and therefore we should do the same. They didn't bother to check the facts. Keep your eyes open and mouth shut is the best mantra.

Edited by das