Kuttabanda2

Have you any of you guys have any info about the so called "Baba" Vadhbag "Singh" Dera in Doaba? I read about him a while ago and how he's a descendant of Dhir Maaliyas, fled from the Turks and Khalsa, and how his Dera is not to be gone to or to associate with his followers, but I just found that my close Family members go to this Dera which is headed by a women who is related to a close family member. So does anyone got any info?

Baba VadhBhag dera is at Gurdwara Thamm Sahib, at Kartarpur Sahib. Baba VadhBhag Singh joined the Guru Khalsa Panth after the Turks destroyed the historic Gurdwara Thamm Sahib, which was built to commemorate Guru Arjan Devs' visit there.

After this Khalsa Panth rebuilt, returned it to Baba VadhBhag Singh and protected this place.

My relatives go there as well, which I don't have a problem with, but they are extremely superstitious. Always coming out with made superstitions.

On 11/15/2015, 9:09:55, chatanga1 said:

Baba VadhBhag dera is at Gurdwara Thamm Sahib, at Kartarpur Sahib. Baba VadhBhag Singh joined the Guru Khalsa Panth after the Turks destroyed the historic Gurdwara Thamm Sahib, which was built to commemorate Guru Arjan Devs' visit there.

After this Khalsa Panth rebuilt, returned it to Baba VadhBhag Singh and protected this place.

My relatives go there as well, which I don't have a problem with, but they are extremely superstitious. Always coming out with made superstitions.

Bro, did Baba Vadhbhag Singh jee flee from the Turks or was his injured body taken away by his followers (after a skirmish)?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Basically the gist about Vadbhag Singh Dera was that they sometimes find rich people who come there, take them to a special langar, mix some sort of vibhuti in their food and send bhoot prets along with them so that they keep coming back again & again resulting in good buisness for the dera.  This is what he was saying in Katha. Anything is possible these days, people are scamming left and right.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/17/2017 at 7:22 AM, chatanga1 said:

Will do. I am listening to it once more though, and will upload file here shortly.

If you get time, please do compare that info with the one provided by Gyani Gyan Singh in his Panth Prakash.

Is there any mention of Vadhbhag Singh jee in Sri Sooraj Prakash or Gurblias?

Bhul chuk maaf

• 1 month later...

When I am in Kartarpur, many shopowners have Baba Vadhbhag Singh's pictures up, I think a lot of the Radasoami photos up as well.

Always been past the Baba Vadhbhag Singh gurdwara when going to Gangsar gurdwara as it is a neighbouring gurdwara. Thamji sahib gurdwara is hidden inside the Kartarpur shopping centre.