Nova Scotia Gurdwara

chatanga1

We have amongst us an ill-informed member who for the past year had committed the heinous act of doubting her Guru. Reading through some of the older topics here, the same Gurdwara, unless there is more than one in Halifax, Nova Scotia is mentioned. There the "Chaupai Sahib" was banned from being read. And the people who dones are the same cretins who doubt and slander Sri Dasme Patshahs Granth.

It comes as no surprise that this member has has been trying to vomit the same rubbish here.

Quoting :

Dear Forum,

On this topic, I must provide all with, what I personally regard to be distrubing news, concerning the Benti Chaupai.

The Sikh Maritime Association of Nova Scotia, Halifax, Canada ( being one public face from this area that some maybe familiar with) have courtesy of some edit, a local taxi driver, banned, yes I repeat "Banned" the recitation of Benti Chaupai Sahib.

The reasons behind his move to have this effected is the usual Kala Afghana type argument. I have been made aware of this after friends/family who live near the area/were visiting the Gurdwara discovered this instance.

For me personally this highlights the extent to which this matter of supposed scholarship can take us, we don't need the RSS to eat us up, we're quite capable of doing it ourselves."

AND:

"Babbersher, the point made is not discussing Kala Afghana, I referenced him, for Mr Randhawa is someone who has brought his basic arguments and sought to stop the recitation of Benti Chaupai.

There are separate threads on the forum for discussing Kala Afghana.

This thread concerned Dasam Granth Parkash and the historical and other reasons as to why it was stopped.

The matter concerning Benti Chaupai recitation at the Maritime Sikh Society was raised since whatever Kala Afghana's arguments and those counter to him, the fact remains that edit himself has no authority whatsoever to stop the recitation of such Bani (an essential part of the Amrit Sanchar) at any Gurdwara -therefore mentioned here as a parallel to continuing changes, innovations and renovations being made within Sikh communal services: perhaps this is the first of many to come, afterall, edit is not even on the board of the Gurdwara Management, he is only a local taxi driver and has been able to make such a dramatic change.

There are more interesting facts about this Gurdwara and their innovations (such as one edit who omits "Kesh Daan" from the Ardas on the reasoning that Kesh are no longer an important part of Sikhi today), I have raised these here for all to note and discuss, whatever your view on the Dasam Granth or otherwise and to highlight the extent to which changes are being made on the ground level (outside of the comfort of the SGPC buildings, and from Kala Afghana's residence in Canada)."

from http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/3805-why-was-parkash-of-dasam-granth-stopped/?page=2#comment-35420

Guest Brampton

I was a member of Halifax Gurdwara prior moving to Brampton and I don't know where you are getting the hate filled lies you are spreading. There is no such ban on Benti Chaupai. However, given the fact that it is a small community there are not enough Amritdhari to even hold Amrit Sanchars there. There was only one held in all of its history, which was two Aprils back during Gurmat Samagam and members from Toronto conducted it.

As for Sodhi Aunty this is absolute lies. She often recites ardaas during diwan and never omits "kesh daan".  I don't know where you have gotten any of this or perhaps you made it up? But it's very disturbing you would do this slander of a Gurdwara! 

Maritime Sikh Society has actually had many world known contributions and accomplishments!  First Gora President of a Gurdwara (Martin Singh), Twice they have had an ALL female executive showing their support of Sikh women (no they were not chosen to fill a quota or something, the sangat actually supports them), numerous times they have had female president, kirtan is done by sangat, so is prakash and sukhassan, there is no delegated granthi as they are small in number.  

Just wanted to go on record that what this member above wrote is entirely wrong and is defamation. 

2 hours ago, Guest Brampton said:

I was a member of Halifax Gurdwara prior moving to Brampton and I don't know where you are getting the hate filled lies you are spreading.

Back your backside up for a moment.

I never said it. I quoted it from past topics as put in my original post, so before you get all dramatic, try reading the post first. Any words you can't understand, I will only be too happy to explain.

2 hours ago, Guest Brampton said:

As for Sodhi Aunty this is absolute lies. She often recites ardaas during diwan and never omits "kesh daan".  I don't know where you have gotten any of this or perhaps you made it up? But it's very disturbing you would do this slander of a Gurdwara!

You must be able to read english. Perhaps you would like to confirm that you can read english first. Then I can hold your hand and take you through the post above.

Well then why are you quoting something you know nothing about or whether its true or not, and making statement as if it is? I know this Gurdwara well and neither is Benti Chaupai banned nor is kesh daan left out of ardaas.  Maybe bro you should stick to things you are sure about instead of slandering a Gurdwara (and specific members of said Gurdwara) that you have never been to! And your tone is really arrogant too! 

28 minutes ago, Guest said:

Maybe bro you should stick to things you are sure about instead of slandering a Gurdwara (and specific members of said Gurdwara) that you have never been to! And your tone is really arrogant too! 

Guest jee - It is a fact the the lady mentioned by Chatanga1 paaji is a Guru-nindak. She has committed heinous crimes, by insulting Gurbani publicly. IMHO, she has to beg for forgiveness from Panj Pyaray.

Btw, are you a registered member of this fourm?

Bhul chuk maaf

And how do you know this aunty?  I happen to know that what she is accused of is not true. She does not omit kesh daan in ardas. Speaking against Sikhs in such light is nindak.  Maybe you should beg forgiveness?? No I am not a member. And from looks of it, this forum isn't worth registering on if all you do make accusations against others. Guru Ji said teh only TRUE judge is he who judges HIMSELF. Meaning you have no right to judge others. 

13 minutes ago, Guest said:

And how do you know this aunty?  I happen to know that what she is accused of is not true. She does not omit kesh daan in ardas. Speaking against Sikhs in such light is nindak.  Maybe you should beg forgiveness?? No I am not a member. And from looks of it, this forum isn't worth registering on if all you do make accusations against others. Guru Ji said teh only TRUE judge is he who judges HIMSELF. Meaning you have no right to judge others. 

Guest jee - In my previous post, the "lady" refers to the member (Satkirin) of this forum.

Bhul chuk maaf

Guest Brampton

Do you mean Harkiran Bhenji? She has never said anything against Gurbani. She has been coming to our Gurdwara for years and has never done anything of the sort at all!  As for disagreement on certain parts of Dasam Granth I am sure we can all agree it is controversial, and she (and I) are not the only ones who question certain aspects of it with regards to authenticity.  

Someone else said it best:

"The question is what are Sikhs supposed to do about Dasam Granth and other such literature ?
The answer has been given by Dasmesh himself - "consider SGGS as ur Guru n Guide in the hereafter, for the line of human Gurus ends with me".
When Last master didnt give any importance to Dasam Granth or any other book, why are today's Sikhs fighting over an issue settled by Dasmesh himself ??"

This is certainly NOT nindak to question things.

It's nindak to some of us to fathom false words attributed to our Guru Ji which demeans women. 

I follow that which we know is 100% truth, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji only. Our ONLY Guru. Which is what Guru Ji told us to do. Have none other as your Guru. You are actually going against Guru Ji's word by holding dasam granth on equal level to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.  You are the one doing nindak. 

For shame! 

As for disagreement on certain parts of Dasam Granth I am sure we can all agree it is controversial, 

I don't agree at all with this:

It's only controversial to closeted types who've adopted some sort of Victorian era prudishness. 

12 hours ago, Guest said:

How do you know it's not true if you are not a member of that gurdwara?

13 hours ago, Guest said:

Well then why are you quoting something you know nothing about or whether its true or not, and making statement as if it is? I know this Gurdwara well and neither is Benti Chaupai banned nor is kesh daan left out of ardaas.  Maybe bro you should stick to things you are sure about instead of slandering a Gurdwara (and specific members of said Gurdwara) that you have never been to! And your tone is really arrogant too! 

I may not know about it personally, but the original posters were left with no doubts, and no defence of it was made by those supporting it in the topic that was discussed earlier. So i'm pretty sure that these incidents occured.

10 hours ago, Guest Brampton said:

Do you mean Harkiran Bhenji?

asatkiran.

She has never said anything against Gurbani. She has been coming to our Gurdwara for years and has never done anything of the sort at all!  As for disagreement on certain parts of Dasam Granth I am sure we can all agree it is controversial, and she (and I) are not the only ones who question certain aspects of it with regards to authenticity. 

She is a guru-nindak. a supporter of guru-nindaks, and supported by people like you, who are guru-nindaks.

There has never been any controversy of Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth fro 1700-1920. uneducated people started doubting things they didn't understand and still do. So I'm extremely sure that we can disagree that the granth is controversial.

You being a nindak is controversial, and supporting such nindaks is controversial as well.

Someone else said it best:

"The question is what are Sikhs supposed to do about Dasam Granth and other such literature ?
The answer has been given by Dasmesh himself - "consider SGGS as ur Guru n Guide in the hereafter, for the line of human Gurus ends with me".
When Last master didnt give any importance to Dasam Granth or any other book, why are today's Sikhs fighting over an issue settled by Dasmesh himself ??"

Thats your own stupidity thinking that Guru Sahib never gave any importance to this granth. its a fact that Guru Sahib wanted this granth to part of learning and knowledge for Sikhs.

This is certainly NOT nindak to question things.

It's nindak to some of us to fathom false words attributed to our Guru Ji which demeans women.

Who are you to question your Guru?

If you think this CharitroPakhyan demeans women, then like that deceitful liar asatkiran, you don't understand it either.

I follow that which we know is 100% truth, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji only. Our ONLY Guru. Which is what Guru Ji told us to do. Have none other as your Guru. You are actually going against Guru Ji's word by holding dasam granth on equal level to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.  You are the one doing nindak. 

For shame! 

Guru Granth Sahib is our Guru, but does that mean we don't learn anything from elsewhere? Where does Guru Granth Sahib tell you to learn english? or Maths/history? But you have learnt it haven't you? Why ? Haven't you sought knowledge outside of Guru Granth Sahib? Yes, so why? Does learning from other texts mean that you have abandoned Guru Granth Sahib?

The shame here is that liar asatkiran or whatever she calls herself, and you, her fanclub. She was a fanboy here of someone here who tried to misrepresent Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth, and ask her how that worked out. Still she has no shame. That is for shame!

You sound just like her. All lies.

Actually you sound like a real tool bro.  Yes I have some question about parts of dasam granth. And I am following our only guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Not everyone will agree on every point. There are more Sikhs who have issue with this subject than who don't.  Instead of berating people on disagreements, why can't we just concentrate on what we all do agree on, like Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and being Sikhs? Do you really think sitting on a forum calling people names is good for your spirituality? I am sure there are MANY MANY Sikhs worldwide who have never even laid eyes on dasam granth (nitnem aside) but were still very very dedicated Sikhs. So why can't you see the good in someone and just agree to disagree on the things that you don't agree on? 

And yes I used to be in Halifax before I was in Brampton, so I know personally for sure, that the events you chose to dig up were not true. Sodhi Aunty often does ardas and never leaves out kesh daan. ever. I have never heard it. I also never heard of Mr Randhawa (his name is Satnam Singh Randhawa) he has never sought to ban any banis. Truth is the sangat in Halifax is very small. As I explained earlier there has only ever been one amrit sanchar that took place there, and that was carried out by Toronto sangat that were there for the samagam.  

As for Harkiran, please don' speak about someone you know nothing about. She is not the first to question parts of dasam granth and certainly wont be the last so why single her out? Did you know she has done many huge success for sikhs in Canada? She was first turbaned female in royal canadian navy after fighting for it and had the military dress regulations changed to allow females to tie turban in uniform. The news was carried worldwide. As a gori, how easy do you think it was for her to show up to work in a dastar? Can you even fathom the ridicule she received from those she works with and the strength it took to not give up? I'm sure you can't. In addition to that she is an advocate in human rights publicly participating in visible minority advisory groups. She is not your enemy.  And she deserves far more than the bad mouthing you do. She is out there advocating for US, for all Sikhs and all you are doing is hanging out on a forum badmouthing her.  

I am sure you have some good in you. Please find it. This hatred you have in you is only going to be your downfall.  Also see the good in others. 

Other than that from the way you write, you sound very young. Try getting away from the dhera mindset for awhile, do some growing up, and open your eyes. 

Thats all I am going to say. I am not a member on here nor do I wish to be. 

This forum seems like a place of hate and ridicule and nothing more.  But if you keep making false statements about Maritime Sikh Society and / or its members including Sodhi Aunty, Satnam SIngh Randhawa, and Harkiran Kaur I will take it as defamation of character and report the site to it's IP. 

3 hours ago, Guest said:

As for Harkiran, please don' speak about someone you know nothing about. She is not the first to question parts of dasam granth and certainly wont be the last so why single her out? Did you know she has done many huge success for sikhs in Canada? She was first turbaned female in royal canadian navy after fighting for it and had the military dress regulations changed to allow females to tie turban in uniform. The news was carried worldwide. As a gori, how easy do you think it was for her to show up to work in a dastar? Can you even fathom the ridicule she received from those she works with and the strength it took to not give up? I'm sure you can't. In addition to that she is an advocate in human rights publicly participating in visible minority advisory groups. She is not your enemy.  And she deserves far more than the bad mouthing you do. She is out there advocating for US, for all Sikhs and all you are doing is hanging out on a forum badmouthing her.  

This asatkiran thing you support, if indeed you aren't her, is a liar. Period. She is a liar and deceitful and has done it on this forum repeatedly. I couldn't care less about her naval achievements, moreso, I would be worried about her being a traitor, in any conflict. She has no idea of Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth (as you don't either) yet thinks she knows everything.

When she gives up her deceitful ways (if that's possible) then fine. But until then, I will be here to counter her deceit (or yours ?). As as for being a tool, you don't know me from the next man, but you assume I'm doing nothing for Sikhs? How conceited is that? How old are you? You don't sound like you have a mind or voice of your own.

It's things like asatkiran that bring down this forum. It's a great platform for learning and discussion, not for agenda-driven uneducated arrogant things like her. If she (you) can't change, best to stay away.

Just because someone does not agree with you doesn't make them deceitful ora liar, and it certainly doesn't make you automatically right.  From my point of view, its you who has to do the growing up. It's the dhera mindset that is dividing the panth, and its the dherawalas who are touting dasam granth on equal footing to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji when Dasam Patshah himself did not give such importance to it and told us to only take Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as our only Guru and that too was made for all time from that point onward. Other compilations can be studied, but never held in equal esteem to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. 

Agya bhai Akal ki tabhi chalayo Panth. Sabh Sikhan ko hukam hai Guru manyo Granth. Guru Granth Ji manyo pargat Guran ki deh.

You are also hypocrite. You get all defensive when I made remarks that you sound immature, stating I don't know you. True enough I don't. But I am basing it on what you wrote and how you wrote it. What you don't realize is you are doing that and worse to people you don't know. 

I have reported this site, as defamation of character is very much against the law (at least in Canada) and you have made deragatory remarks against not only the Halifax Gurdwara, but also three specific individuals, none of which is true.  I don't care if someone disagrees with you on something, that doesn't warrant the rude comments and remarks you have given here, it doesn't make someone a liar or deceitful simply because they disagree with you.  And as I said, it doesn't make you right. I also disagree with you (am I a liar now too??) and consider you to be the one who is misled and what you are doing is hurting Sikhi and creating rifts.

I have reported this site to the IP and also reported this site to World Sikh Organization and Sikh Coalition.  

To the owner of this site: It would be in your best interests to delete this thread and ban the member Chatanga1 in due diligence, as libel defamation of character is a serious offence. I would also suggest a written apology to Maritime Sikh Society mentioning the members that were defamed against here unless you want to see this site taken down as the current management committee are aware of this thread. 

there go you go. bingo. who said it was anything to do with any disagreements we had over theological matters? You just assumed it didn't you? How conceited is that? But I don't blame you (although you have some kind of sheep mentality) because you beleived what the liar told you. she has tried to decieve others here, that i was having a go at her because of that, whereas it was lies she told about me, (which she admitted to after some time) and subsequently twisted my words to make it seem that I was making unreasonable statements. It was all lies and still she carried on.

And you need to stop being a cockroach. Where have I stated that Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth should be on an equal footing to Sri Guru Granth Sahib? I'm sure that you are her. Making up stuff as you go along.

Defamation of character is a serious offence? So is lying, Mr (or Mrs) Hypocrit.