Blog: Vegruary- A month of vegetarianism

dalsingh101

So far today I only had 1 paraunthi in morning. Rest of the day was filled with sweet potato,  apple, carrot sabji, yogurt. No bread today, only natural carbs.

I am getting a headache, just had coffee for desperate measure. I dont know if its the roti withdrawal or just placebo effect. I guess the mood is just depressed today for some unknown reason.

14 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

So far today I only had 1 paraunthi in morning. Rest of the day was filled with sweet potato,  apple, carrot sabji, yogurt. No bread today, only natural carbs.

I am getting a headache, just had coffee for desperate measure. I dont know if its the roti withdrawal or just placebo effect. I guess the mood is just depressed today for some unknown reason.

When you decrease carbs you sometimes get these things for a few days whilst your body readjusts to the new level of carbs being taken in. 

I still have to say, I'm not seeing much protein in your diet bro?

One problem I have carbs is that it simply doesn't make me fill full up. So I could eat a giant bag of say Doritos, and 15 minutes later I'm hungry again! With fats and protein, they tend to make you feel fuller for longer which helps you resist snacking all the time.  

1 minute ago, dalsingh101 said:

I still have to say, I'm not seeing much protein in your diet bro?

yeah protein is def. lacking. need to work on that.

Things I can think of are maybe peanut butter, maybe tofu ( but people say it increases estrogen, not sure if thats a myth), I guess need to make atleast 1 daal everyday. Paneer once a week, cant eat that everyday. Lets see how it goes.

Things I can think of are maybe peanut butter, maybe tofu ( but people say it increases estrogen, not sure if thats a myth), I guess need to make atleast 1 daal everyday. Paneer once a week, cant eat that everyday. Lets see how it goes.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/78476-sources-of-protein/?hl=protein

DAY 27: 27/2/16

Okay, just finished a nice bis and tris workout (mainly tris to be honest). Not eaten much today. Had a LM sausage sandwich earlier and some peanuts. Workout was good! Did 5 sets of ez bar preacher curls (then stopped further bis exercises because of slight pain in right bicep that I don't want to aggravate). For tris I did:  5 x close grip bench press, 5 x overhead extension with hammer bar, Compounded 5 x tr push outs, followed immediately by light cable pull downs and ended with 3 sets of dips - was going for 5 sets but my speaker died....;. 

Just making my evening meal, which I'll post when it's done. 

Got a card from next door thanking me for the other day, which was nice. It said: "Unfortunately he is seriously ill" so I'm presuming he is in hospital then? Poor guy, my prayers go out to him and his family.

My camera is playing up so I can't post a picture of my meal. For anyone interested I'm having 2 spicy bean burgers (which aren't really spicy) and some steamed mixed veg (carrots, broccoli and cauliflower) sprinkled with cheese. And a pot of low fat cottage cheese with pineapple as a desert (and to top up protein). 

When this month is over I'm going to give a very honest appraisal of the month and the strengths and weaknesses of this diet over my previous one. You have been warned! lol

@amardeep..A cheat meal/snack here and there is not so bad..lol

52 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

I am getting a headache, just had coffee for desperate measure.

Its normal that you get some side effects when you change your diet, headaches or nausea..its normal... I'd say stay away from coffee (unless your a coffee drinker) just ride it our for a couple of days..

also jacket potatoes are good too..

47 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

One problem I have carbs is that it simply doesn't make me fill full up. So I could eat a giant bag of say Doritos, and 15 minutes later I'm hungry again! With fats and protein, they tend to make you feel fuller for longer which helps you resist snacking all the time.

Is that in general or since you started this veg diet?

11 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

When this month is over I'm going to give a very honest appraisal of the month and the strengths and weaknesses of this diet over my previous one. You have been warned! lol

look forward to this.. ill also give my '2 cents' on the veg diet in general....lol

12 minutes ago, samurai said:

Is that in general or since you started this veg diet?

In general. If anything is likely to make me binge, its carbs. 

I guess we're all different. 

23 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

Personally, I can digest brown bread faster than the white roti.    Eventually, I want to come off any grains. Its a step by step slow process. Lets see.

But you are right about homemade bread, its def better than market.

Bread is just a crutch for me that I will eventually leave.

This is my own experiment with roti and will let the sangat know about results.

Whole grains are important part of the diet, if you remove this you will have to get fiber from fruits or nuts( need a lot of them). Without Fiber your digestive system will always kick you in the gut. Most of the people shy away from Grains saying oh it's Carbs, we just gotta know which Carb is good and which is bad for us. Milk and cheese is not good for us either, since it's coming from cows or Buffaloes who have been given hormones or steroids injection. I am so going breatherian, everything is corrupted.

Our bodies are unique and if we listen to our bodies we will know what's good for us. There's nothing wrong with experimenting with food and finding out what's best for you. That's all I am doing. Atleast I will try for 2 months and then present my conclusions. And my experiment involves removing grains for now. So let's see.

Btw many hardcore saints doing tapasya in the past avoided grains like plague esp wheat because apparently it causes stupor which is detrimental to meditation. They stick to fruits or tubers or milk.

i have noticed some difference but I will save that for after maybe two months.

btw what's a breatharian ? Living on air ?

13 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

Our bodies are unique and if we listen to our bodies we will know what's good for us. There's nothing wrong with experimenting with food and finding out what's best for you. That's all I am doing. Atleast I will try for 2 months and then present my conclusions. And my experiment involves removing grains for now. So let's see.

Btw many hardcore saints doing tapasya in the past avoided grains like plague esp wheat because apparently it causes stupor which is detrimental to meditation. They stick to fruits or tubers or milk.

i have noticed some difference but I will save that for after maybe two months.

btw what's a breatharian ? Living on air ?

Yea that's what they claim, there is a family where a new born kid is breatharian too.I don't know they live on different dimensions I think. 

41 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Yea that's what they claim, there is a family where a new born kid is breatharian too.I don't know they live on different dimensions I think. 

Be careful of what you believe...

12 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

That breatharian guy looks he is going to collapse anytime soon. We Singhs need to be strong &healthy, ready to protect our wives, families & community in times of need, not like that guy who can get slapped by a jaat of haryana lol

Khalsa needs a healthy body for Honor & for good Bhagti.

Although , saints who are not householders can get away with skinny bodies because their protection is done by the Khalsa & Guru Himself.

22 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

That breatharian guy looks he is going to collapse anytime soon. We Singhs need to be strong &healthy, ready to protect our wives, families & community in times of need, not like that guy who can get slapped by a jaat of haryana lol

Khalsa needs a healthy body for Honor & for good Bhagti.

Although , saints who are not householders can get away with skinny bodies because their protection is done by the Khalsa & Guru Himself.

Maybe or maybe not. I agree that a fit guy is more stronger than a fat or skinny one but there are exemptions lol. Sumo fighters and many skinny martial arts dude. But true, we need good quality of food for body. 

38 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

yea true, here they are. I never watched the video just heard it. Sure they are skinny but still a lot of respect for controlling food temptation  

9 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Maybe or maybe not. I agree that a fit guy is more stronger than a fat or skinny one but there are exemptions lol. Sumo fighters and many skinny martial arts dude. But true, we need good quality of food for body. 

yea true, here they are. I never watched the video just heard it. Sure they are skinny but still a lot of respect for controlling food temptation  

I'm not going to lie. The breatherian idea is too stupid for me to waste time on it. 

We should be aiming to make ourselves as strong and healthy as possible. It's people failing to do that that caused all the grooming problem in the UK (well that at least played a part). Here we have sullay going abroad to camps and training in warfare; a lot of right wing goray are expecting and planning to make trouble when the opportunirt arises - given these things (let alone dasmesh pita's instructions to be tyar-bar-tyar!) any apna bundha half-straving themselves is retarded and just asking for trouble. 

Sister if you have issues with food like anorexia, have you sought psychological/medical help for it? 

4 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

I'm not going to lie. The breatherian idea is too stupid for me to waste time on it. 

We should be aiming to make ourselves as strong and healthy as possible. It's people failing to do that that caused all the grooming problem in the UK (well that at least played a part). Here we have sullay going abroad to camps and training in warfare; a lot of right wing goray are expecting and planning to make trouble when the opportunirt arises - given these things (let alone dasmesh pita's instructions to be tyar-bar-tyar!) any apna bundha half-straving themselves is retarded and just asking for trouble. 

Sister if you have issues with food like anorexia, have you sought psychological/medical help for it? 

Veerji..I don't have anorexia and I don't have eating problem either. Sure I eat healthy and try to remove chemicals from my food. I eat more than any member in my Family but it's healthy so I need more to feel full . The whole thing started because ragmaala ji said he is gonna cut down the grain and I could not understand what is he gonna replace it with to fill the need of Fiber( essential component for good digestion). Not all of wants to be on a warrior mentality. I would rather grow spiritually than expecting a war and be ready for it. When times get rough, people have shown hysterical strength to fight it. I don't remember but there was a news where an old lady turned the car upside down to save a child's life and she was super old. I am not saying that people should starve themselves but Fasting does have a lot of benefits. Sometime when I eat less, I have more energy. Not everybody can go breatharian, it require a lot of mental practice and no, people who are on this path are not weak. They might not be physically strong that much but what they know spiritually is another power itself. A physical strong guy can protect himself by fighting ability and a spiritually elevated person can do the same thing with a smile. 

I once read a book and I was so happy that I obtain that esoteric knowledge and he said something at the end which made me never read another book by that author. He said I have studied most of the religion and he named all of them including Islam and at the end he said but I did not learn Sikhsim because I don't believe in war. I was not into sikhi that much but that boiled my blood and I was like how dare he. And then I did realize that most of the people do observe Sikhs as somewhat who are always ready for war. After 6 years now I understand what sikhi is about and I love it but for couple years I lived with that notion and used to argue with Mom why was there a need for Sikhs to have that many wars. I know better now since I read the History ( not whole though). Tyar bar tyar is a good thing but most of the Sikhs who learn fighting art are always angry, especially Nihangs. Not trying to offend anyone but I know how easily some Sikhs get angry and they are the ones who have the ability to kill you without you even realizing it lol. I don't know.

1 hour ago, Ragmaala said:

That breatharian guy looks he is going to collapse anytime soon.

That cracked me up.lol.. But i suppose we should respect those on pure satvic diet too..

1 hour ago, Ragmaala said:

I am getting this weird sensation where I am feeling as if something is stuck in throat, but actually there is nothing there. Lets see how this one goes.

Bro, does it seem like you have a ball in our throat, like if you swallow it sort of goes slowly down that area..hows your headaces etc..it could be acid reflux bro..

54 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

We should be aiming to make ourselves as strong and healthy as possible. It's people failing to do that that caused all the grooming problem in the UK (well that at least played a part)

Agree, suleh look at us as soft touches now and the grooming scene is getting out of hand.. Only now police are somewhat getting involved as white girls from middle class areas are being targeted.. 

57 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Here we have sullay going abroad to camps and training in warfare; a lot of right wing goray are expecting and planning to make trouble when the opportunirt arises -

sometimes I think wouldn't it be nice if blacks stayed in Africa, American Indians stayed in America, Whites stayed in Europe, Muslims in middle east & Indians in South Asia.

All this mixing together has caused so many insecurities and discrimination problems.

Breakie..5 scrambled eggs

Luch...2 aloo pranteh with butter and dhey

Also had afternoon cha with 2 samoseh, 1 spring role and 4jalebia (my sister brought them over, would have been rude not to eat them..joke..i just couldnt resist).lol

Dinner..Veg lasagne..

Gonna have my dodh with honey now and chill...

Im defo gonna feel this tomorrow when training...lol

2 minutes ago, samurai said:

That cracked me up.lol.. But i suppose we should respect those on pure satvic diet too..

Point noted sir. All the respect to people following breatharian, sattvic, vaishno, vegan and other diets.

3 minutes ago, samurai said:

hows your headaces

No more headaches. There is no heart burn.