Attacks on Harmandir Sahib/Akal Takht

SinghMunda

As far as I know, Siri Harmandir Sahib/Akal Takht has been attacked 3 times, and the only one i really know of is the 1984 Blue Star time. can anyone give me more details? And apparently Guru Gobind Singh Ji said that there would be 4 attacks in total. Was this in Sau Sakhi? Please I really would like to know more on ppl's thoughts.

Guest Javanmard

I think it's in Sukhmana Sahib (Dasam Granth) or Malkauns ki Var but I am not sure! :roll: Also this fourth attack would anounce the coming of Kalki Avtar but then again it's been a long tie since I have read this... :roll:

Lalleshvari, could u tell us more about Kalki Avtar coming?? Thats in sau sakhi right...muslims also beleive that... but they name it different...and hindus beleive in nalinka avtar...they also beleived its authentic??

So please tell us more about it?? :D

i think that in there it talks only about AKal Takht and not Harmander Sahib being taken down.

The foundation brick of Akal Takht was placed by a muslim, and guru ji asked him to pick it up and put it down again because it was not put correctly the first time. Guru JI had to ask this twice, then guru ji finnaly picked it up and put it down correctly the forth time. (or third... will find out)

so i think that it will be knocked down three times, then kalki avtaar will come. i think its been knocked down twice already.

Kalki Avtar is not a "prophet".

It may be worth reading Kalki Avtaar within Dasam Guru Durbar for yourself Gurpreet Kaur and making up your own mind on the subject.

The best and most detailed interpretation of Kalki Avtaar I have come across is that of Pandit Narayan Singh Ji (Dasam Guru Durbar steek) in Punjabi (8-10 vols).

However, for a shorter, less detailed version, try, Dasam Guru Durbar Steek (punjabi), by Gobind Sadan (Jaggi and Jaggi) at www.dasamgranth.org (this version was done under the patronage of Baba Virsa Das Udasin aka Baba Virsa Singh).

Note, that this version is incomplete as it does not contain all the sections of Dasam Guru Durbar, eg, Oogardanti Baani and Sukhmana Sahib...etc.

As far as I know, Siri Harmandir Sahib/Akal Takht has been attacked 3 times, and the only one i really know of is the 1984 Blue Star time. can anyone give me more details? And apparently Guru Gobind Singh Ji said that there would be 4 attacks in total. Was this in Sau Sakhi? Please I really would like to know more on ppl's thoughts.

i've heard from a few learned elders that Harmandir sahib will get attacked again...the blood of the sikhs will be knee high (is the expression used to depicte the carange :( )

Guru Goind singh Ji will have already taken birth by then, from here many battles will ensue...the rivers in punjab will become polluted with Hindu and islamic blood...Khalsa Fauj (in bana) will appear in their millions...the Khalsa rule shall come...Khalsa Fateh!!

with regards to kalki, he'll arrive early due to the amount of paap happeining...it will get much worse too!

However, he'll suffer from ego after his victories...another will come to cancel him out. Read "Sikh Predictions" by Surinder Singh Kohli (or something). The book is not well written, but does offer an insight to those interested.

"i've heard from a few learned elders that Harmandir sahib will get attacked again...the blood of the sikhs will be knee high (is the expression used to depicte the carange ) "

-J Singh

"Guru Goind singh Ji will have already taken birth by then, from here many battles will ensue...the rivers in punjab will become polluted with Hindu and islamic blood...Khalsa Fauj (in bana) will appear in their millions...the Khalsa rule shall come...Khalsa Fateh!! "

- J Singh

...cud we have the references?

Guru Goind singh Ji will have already taken birth by then, from here many battles will ensue...

I am not a 100% sure on this topic, but I thought that Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji is forever with us, through the presence of the Khalsa - and that our eternal guru will always be Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji (ie. no deh dharis).

Also rather than discussing about the potential attack on Harmandir Sahib in the future, should we not discuss the current state of sikhi after nearly 20 years post 1984, and compare this to the sacrifice made by the numerous shaheeds for the khalsa panth.

I look forward to hearing what ppl think about this.

khalsa souljah... im suprised u can even think that sikhism will be finsihed :roll: the truth never dies.. and never will... how waheguru is eternal so is sikhi... sikhs have been thru hell and back and we are still standin here... nishan sahib still flies high!!! :twisted:

Khalsa Soulja purkha :LOL:

Sikhi is an JOT just like an gurbani is jot. Jot is vaheguroo...by saying sikhi will be finished you are implying that vaheguroo will be finished.. Fikar naa kar... guroo maharaj sahiban put seed of sikhi everywhere....slowly its growing...Just wait and watch CHAAINEVIE CRORE KHALSA AAOOOU Thairkaie (960 MILLION KHALSA SHALL BE) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I am not saying the Khalsa panth is not going through a difficult period, but if cruel tyrannical dictators like Nadir Shah, Abdali, Zikria and Aurungzeb could not "finish off" sikhi (and they clearly stated they would not stop at anything less) when the Sikh population was much lower - then i'm confident in saying the current devious rulers of India will not be successful. :!:

Khalsa amar rahoo ga :D

Oh Waheguru ji, iththey vi saare 'Kalki avtar' baarey hi gall kar rahe han.

It is strange. Wherever I go, I find people talking about 'Kalki avtar'. If some of you still want to know more about 'Kalki', I will try to give you information.

And some people think that Guru Gobind Singh Ji will come back into this world again in human body.

Actually, In 'Sri Dasam Granth Sahib', there has been written, "bhal bhaag bhya eh sambhal ke, har joo harmandar aavaingey" (Kalki, Dasam Granth Sahib).

'Saina-pati', one of 52 poets of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, wrote in his book 'Sri Gur Sobha', "bhal bhaag bhya tum taahe kaho, garh Aanand pher basaavaingey".

Some people think that all these indicates that Kalki/Guru Gobind Singh Ji will come into this world in human body.

For me, it will take time to typewrite all the facts from 'Sri Dasam Granth Sahib' and 'Sri Gur Sobha'. And I have to go Yamuna-nagar for two days.

After two days, if needed, I will try to give detailed information about 'Kalki' from 'Sri Dasam Granth Sahib'. Also, I will try to explain what 'Saina-pati' said in his book 'Sri Gur Sobha', if some of you want.

Thank you,

-Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

www.amritweb.com

Khalsa Soulja purkha :LOL:

Sikhi is an JOT just like an gurbani is jot. Jot is vaheguroo...by saying sikhi will be finished you are implying that vaheguroo will be finished.. Fikar naa kar... guroo maharaj sahiban put seed of sikhi everywhere....slowly its growing...Just wait and watch CHAAINEVIE CRORE KHALSA AAOOOU Thairkaie (960 MILLION KHALSA SHALL BE) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

"but since sikhism wont ever die ther prob wont b for a while"

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

im interested in the kalki avtar stuff, but i havent really seen any sound scriptural reference to it, the whole thing about hte bani that guru nanak wrote didnt really convince me since no1 said where it came from (or maybe i just missed it) and it really didnt sound like guru nanaks words talking about unbelievers dying and whatnot (or mayb im wrong)

amrit i wud b v interested 2 see references within dasam granth.....awaitin ur info........

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It has been a long time since i made posts regarding this topic, but have since read and found out more about ahmed shah abdali did, and what massa ranghar did/what happened to massa ranghar as a result due to two Singhs. Furthermore, as Harmandir Sahib was attacked, and destroyed by Ahmed Shah Abdali, I'm wondering if when it was rebuilt, was anything remaining from the original (e.g. Mian Mir's foundation stone?)