Kahn Singh Nabha's Definition of Sehajdhari (From Mahan Kosh)

dalsingh101

6 hours ago, paganvegan said:

Non amritdaries distract themselves from obeying  the Sikh tenets,  the path of shakking the Amrit.  They are not only a distraction to themselves but also a distraction to the Khalsa panth - an enormous distraction.  That's why someone has ,very cleverly, made use of this term.  They do nothing but maar the sehaj of the panth by doing poothyaaan sidhyaan kartoota.. 

Being vegan does no good to you. Go Jhatka a Bakra or Soor (as Bhai Mani Singh Ji) and take it as Parshad. You might get some drishti into the larger picture.

14 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

He gave his comment a 5 plus. 

Oh, okay. So he's convinced himself of his own greatness. 

On 3/9/2016 at 3:12 PM, amardeep said:

If you read the hukamnamas of Guru Gobind Singh from the post khalsa period (after 1699) you'll notice that the Guru refers to many sehajdharis as his khalsa. Community leaders without the name Singh are referred to as the Guru's khalsa. So obviosly you can still be a sikh without taking Khande di Pahul.

Bro, can you please provide some evidence? Like screen shots from those Hukamnamas? Were those Sehajdharis, children of Sikhs, or were they from Hindu/Muslim families?

People, being referred without the surname of "Singh", cannot be used as a sole evidence, to prove that they were non-Amritdharies. For example, Srimaan Baba Ghaniya Singh jee Maharaaj was an Amritdhari, but his popular name is Baba Ghaniya jee. Even today, some people (especially older sangat) refer to Srimaan Sant Baba Gurdev Singh jee (Head of Nanaksar samprada), as Baba Gurdev jee. But the fact is that Baba jee is not only Amritdhari, but has also done seva in Panj Pyaray.

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

On 3/12/2016 at 8:51 PM, Gunahgar said:

If dalsingh watches above video, he is going to be pissed.

Nah, I actually grew up watching shows like that. I was too young to clock the subtle piss taking of apnay going on, and we were just happy to see a brown face on TV back then. lol

Watch this. Look at the outright wannabe British, bumlicking of the Sikh character in the beginning. I think this is actually how they saw us a bit back then too.....

I remember wearing one of those belts on his pagh as a kid too....  loL!

9 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

@dalsingh101

Hmm belt on a pagh...

I know

BOATman!

No man, I wore the belt to keep my trousers up! On on a pagh! 

LOL @ BOATman

Guest guest

i once read somewhere (Mcleod?) that the meaning of the term Sehajdhari implies they are intending to become 'keshdharis' someday.  does anyone knwo what I am refering to?  I mean is that correct?