Kahn Singh Nabha's Definition of Sehajdhari (From Mahan Kosh)

dalsingh101

1 minute ago, harkirat23 said:

Like I profess to be an Alien!

Good for you! 

lol

17 minutes ago, harkirat23 said:

There is no such thing as sehajmaaries.  Either you are a Sikh who has accepted Khande di Pahul and follow the Guru Granth Sahib or you are not.  How can one be a Sikh and follow everything else that has nothing to do wid it? 

Okay, so you think you know better than Kahn Singh Nabha. 

31 minutes ago, harkirat23 said:

There is no such thing as sehajmaaries.

Either you are a Sikh who has accepted Khande di Pahul and follow the Guru Granth Sahib or you are not. 

How can one be a Sikh and follow everything else that has nothing to do wid it? 

Bro, what do you mean by Sehajmaaries?

Daas agrees with you. Khanday de Pahul is a mandatory requirement, for any person born in a Sikh family.

Bhul chuk maaf

50 minutes ago, harkirat23 said:

Sorry, I meant sehajdaries and not sehajmaaries!  

Who you kidding mate. 

You just showed how easy it is to maar your sehaj.... lol

If you read the hukamnamas of Guru Gobind Singh from the post khalsa period (after 1699) you'll notice that the Guru refers to many sehajdharis as his khalsa. Community leaders without the name Singh are referred to as the Guru's khalsa. So obviosly you can still be a sikh without taking Khande di Pahul.

Guest Seeker - Sikh Kosh
17 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Okay, so you think you know better than Kahn Singh Nabha. 

No argumentum ad auctoritatem Dally. Hehe, just kidding. 99.99% of Panth has less knowledge than Nabha Sahib.

Guest Seeker - Sikh Kosh
11 hours ago, amardeep said:

If you read the hukamnamas of Guru Gobind Singh from the post khalsa period (after 1699) you'll notice that the Guru refers to many sehajdharis as his khalsa. Community leaders without the name Singh are referred to as the Guru's khalsa. So obviosly you can still be a sikh without taking Khande di Pahul.

Also two invaluable documents record the existence of sahajdharis as being different to amritdharis yet part and parcel of the Panth. Rehatnama Chaupa Singh and Vajab ul Arz (Sikhan Di Bhagat Mala). Persian and English sources are abundant with the mention of sahajdharis (or later Nanakpanthis).

Guest Seeker - Sikh Kosh
17 hours ago, paapiman said:

Bro, what do you mean by Sehajmaaries?

Daas agrees with you. Khanday de Pahul is a mandatory requirement, for any person born in a Sikh family.

Bhul chuk maaf

Birth has nothing to do with Sikhi. You're not Sikh from birth. You can be born in a 'so called' Sikh family that drinks, cuts hair and doesn't follow 'Sikhi' then what about those people? I'd say 90% of Sikh families are like that. EVERYONE, has to adopt Sikhi one day or another, you're not just born a Sikh. Everyone has a journey, if you're parents are non Sikh or not. I had to learn about Sikhi myself, on my own - even though my parents were 'Sikh'. So do many others because most parents only care about giving their children a better future and education (worldly that is).

11 minutes ago, Gunahgar said:

Sehajmaari is a person who maars your sehaj- basically someone who riles you up or makes you angry.   This word was just invented few days ago.

Or a distraction, which removes you from sehaj. Sehaj is a natural avastha, so anything that takes you out of your natural avastha, which sehaj is Sehajmaari. Things like thoughts, imagination, sleep, expectation, etc.

A person who maars your sehaj is basically distracting you.

Non amritdaries distract themselves from obeying  the Sikh tenets,  the path of shakking the Amrit.  They are not only a distraction to themselves but also a distraction to the Khalsa panth - an enormous distraction.  That's why someone has ,very cleverly, made use of this term.  They do nothing but maar the sehaj of the panth by doing poothyaaan sidhyaan kartoota.. 

1 hour ago, paganvegan said:

+++++

What's this? 

Did you loose your boll0cks to stand by the bull5hit you posted? lol

I say this with the risk of being labelled a missionary. But the initiation ceremony should be called Khande Ki Pahul. Amrit existed prior to the Pahul ceremony and continues to exist beyond the Pahul ceremony too (in the case of sahajdharis, non Sikhs who attain a certain spiritual state).

Besides that, I kindly request anyone on this forum to find me the word 'amritdhari' in old writings (1700 - 1850). The chances are very slim that you will find it because the real word for the ones who had taken pahul was Kesdhari. A Sikh with hair and beard but not taken Pahul (like nowadays) did not really exist. You were either Keshdhari (i.e. amritdhari) or sahajdhari. This is evident from several Rahitnamas that frown upon people who look the part (i.e. full Kesh) but do not take Pahul (Daya Singh Rahitnama as an example).