Is Mukti possible in this lifetime ?

i do think so. Depending on your actions and how devoted you are, mukti is possible. Of course it doesnt say how much simran/Gurbani one should do to make it possible and with everyones spirituality being at different levels its hard to say. i think  the more you experience and feel that connection the more you will want it. But with the right attitude, good actions and a pure and honest heart i think anything is possible. but then there are many distractions and we all live very busy lives, so busy that sometimes we do forget our simran/Gurbani, and just having the intentions to do our simran/Gurbani isnt enough. we must always remember Waheguru, we can do simran whilst we are at work, or driving or anything else we do in our busy lives.

Mukti is possible if one has evolved sufficiently in previous lifetimes. If your birthchart has Ketu in the twelfth, and well-positioned planets for spiritual progress, then there is a chance of good progress. That said, astrology is merely a tool and should not be abused or considered the be all, end all, of course.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:10 PM, Gunahgar said:

What do you guys think ?  Do you think it can be done in this lifetime or are you hopeful for your incoming lifetimes.

How much Simran/Gurbani should one do to make it possible in this life time ?

I'm sure you have an idea for the answer here?   lol

A question to help promote discussion and some thinking amongst members I would assume.

Anyway, It is important to realise that MUKTI is not just one type.  Heh????

Firsty, there is mukhti from lakh chaurasi, mukti from the cycle.  Which one have you taken birth for?

One can be outside of lakh chaurasi and be at the heavens or outside the doors of Waheguru's dar. These angelic beings, shaheeds are mukht from the lakh chaurasi but they are not merged in completeness with niriankar in sachkhand.  That merging is the next level of mukhti, where there is no identity whatsoever and you become the complete cosmic ocean of sachkhand.  Pay close attention to some verses in japji sahib that tell you about who sings and does sift salah at waheguru's door. They are all mukht from lakh chaurasi but they are not merged in sachkhand with nirankar.

3 hours ago, Lucky said:

Anyway, It is important to realise that MUKTI is not just one type.  Heh????

Thanks for re-affirming that.

The Mukti I am talking about is when you do not have to come into Human birth again & again ? or when you do not have to be hanging upside down for 9 months ?

And as you said, the mukti from 84 lakh joon....never realized this.  No, I def don't want to go there . I definitely want the mukti from 84 lakh joon for sure. No doubt about that.

3 hours ago, Lucky said:

I'm sure you have an idea for the answer here?   lol

I have an idea, but I could be wrong. Personally speaking, I definitely cannot get Jeevan Mukti.  I feel like I might have to take more human births to do more bhagti. Because, currently my bhagti has not been very intense. It has been flickering like a candle for the past 10-15 years. Although, maturity has come but I have not broken the threshold yet. There is a feeling or a message that comes from inside to increase the intensity, and then I forget about it. I can do it in short bursts like few days, and then the maya takes over again.

@BhagatSingh@Lucky

Ok, then lets talk about ways of getting mukti from 84 lakh joon ? Is getting Amrit-Shak, good enough for this purpose. 

What other methods can we do now and here, to make sure we atleast get this type of mukti ? ( this is a serious genuine question, because if not jeevan mukt then atleast I def dont want 84 lakh jooni)

Also, this might be chota muh badi baat but how to avoid garbh jooni, if you are taking a human birth again. I understand, this might be harder goal to achieve.

And I will def pay more attention to So Dar path...thanks for bringing that to my attention.

@Gunahgar

If you chhak the right kind of Amrit, then indeed mokhsh is possible in this lifetime.

5 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

I feel like I might have to take more human births to do more bhagti. Because, currently my bhagti has not been very intense.

But now that I think about it ... you mentioned that you have a scientific background, so because of that bhagti may not be the thing for you. It may be so that bhagti is not the type of meditation your being attaches to. So you may need to find other ways of meditation.

This is for your to learn - what kind of meditation works for me?

You can try the self-inquiry approach, which IMO is more attractive to a scientific mind.

38 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

GO WITH IT! He is awesome!

when you posted his video of I dont need you...I listened to his self guided meditation yesterday night ...for a 1/4th of a second I felt something different than before...and then I just went to sleep...but yeah he has this magnetism in his eyes...very happy energy..

For charasi lakh joon mukhti I feel once you stop having worldly desires and your actions become nishkaam then consider yourself mukht, at this stage all your 'lehn dehn' karm is done..You will be aware of this mukhti before you 'die'..lol.

'an approach' for this can also be to understand/practice vivek and vairaag. Vivek (distinguish between what is permanent and what is temporary) and the realization of this world being temporary leads to vairaag ( the feeling/emotion of this realization) which lead you away from world and wordy desire. 

22 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

Personally speaking, I definitely cannot get Jeevan Mukti.

bro you never know when you karam will 'accelerate'.... :)

11 hours ago, samurai said:

For charasi lakh joon mukhti I feel once you stop having worldly desires and your actions become nishkaam then consider yourself mukht, at this stage all your 'lehn dehn' karm is done..You will be aware of this mukhti before you 'die'..lol.

Its a tough one.

In the end, I am just a helpless being, He can do whatever he wants with me..

10 hours ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

I always thought Gurbani says that THIS is our chance. THIS lifetime. It's not concerned about some future lifetime... what we have here and now is our chance. Otherwise, you start over again. When you can finally attain a human body again, will you even remember? Will you feel the same drive toward spirituality? Will you waste away that life? As when you enter that life you will start again with amnesia... So don't waste this one in hopes of some future life.  

---------

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਦੁਪਦੇ ॥
Āsā mėhlā 5 ḏupḏe.
Aasaa, Fifth Mehl, Du-Padas:

ਭਈ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹੁਰੀਆ ॥
Bẖa▫ī parāpaṯ mānukẖ ḏehurī▫ā.
You have been blessed with this human body.

ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਮਿਲਣ ਕੀ ਇਹ ਤੇਰੀ ਬਰੀਆ ॥
Gobinḏ milaṇ kī ih ṯerī barī▫ā.
This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe.

ਅਵਰਿ ਕਾਜ ਤੇਰੈ ਕਿਤੈ ਨ ਕਾਮ ॥
Avar kāj ṯerai kiṯai na kām.
Other efforts are of no use to you.

ਮਿਲੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਭਜੁ ਕੇਵਲ ਨਾਮ ॥੧॥
Mil sāḏẖsangaṯ bẖaj keval nām. ||1||
Joining the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, vibrate and meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||1||

ਸਰੰਜਾਮਿ ਲਾਗੁ ਭਵਜਲ ਤਰਨ ਕੈ ॥
Saraʼnjām lāg bẖavjal ṯaran kai.
Make the effort, and cross over the terrifying world ocean.

ਜਨਮੁ ਬ੍ਰਿਥਾ ਜਾਤ ਰੰਗਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਕੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Janam baritha jāṯ rang mā▫i▫ā kai. ||1|| rahā▫o.
This human life is passing away in vain, in the love of Maya. ||1||Pause||

ਜਪੁ ਤਪੁ ਸੰਜਮੁ ਧਰਮੁ ਨ ਕਮਾਇਆ ॥
Jap ṯap sanjam ḏẖaram na kamā▫i▫ā.
I have not practiced meditation, penance, self-restraint or righteous living;

ਸੇਵਾ ਸਾਧ ਨ ਜਾਨਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਇਆ ॥
Sevā sāḏẖ na jāni▫ā har rā▫i▫ā.
I have not served the Holy Saints, and I do not know the Lord, my King.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਮ ਨੀਚ ਕਰੰਮਾ ॥
Kaho Nānak ham nīcẖ karammā.
Says Nanak, my actions are vile and despicable;

ਸਰਣਿ ਪਰੇ ਕੀ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਸਰਮਾ ॥੨॥੨੯॥
Saraṇ pare kī rākẖo sarmā. ||2||29||
O Lord, I seek Your Sanctuary - please, preserve my honor. ||2||29||

------- ALSO -----

ਗੁਰ ਸੇਵਾ ਤੇ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਮਾਈ ॥
Gur sevā ṯe bẖagaṯ kamā▫ī.
Serving the Guru, devotional worship is practiced.

ਤਬ ਇਹ ਮਾਨਸ ਦੇਹੀ ਪਾਈ ॥
Ŧab ih mānas ḏehī pā▫ī.
Then, this human body is obtained.

ਇਸ ਦੇਹੀ ਕਉ ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਦੇਵ ॥
Is ḏehī ka▫o simrahi ḏev.
Even the gods long for this human body.

ਸੋ ਦੇਹੀ ਭਜੁ ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਸੇਵ ॥੧॥
So ḏehī bẖaj har kī sev. ||1||
So vibrate that human body, and think of serving the Lord. ||1||

ਭਜਹੁ ਗੋੁਬਿੰਦ ਭੂਲਿ ਮਤ ਜਾਹੁ ॥
Bẖajahu gobinḏ bẖūl maṯ jāhu.
Vibrate, and meditate on the Lord of the Universe, and never forget Him.

ਮਾਨਸ ਜਨਮ ਕਾ ਏਹੀ ਲਾਹੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Mānas janam kā ehī lāhu. ||1|| rahā▫o.
This is the blessed opportunity of this human incarnation. ||1||Pause||

ਜਬ ਲਗੁ ਜਰਾ ਰੋਗੁ ਨਹੀ ਆਇਆ ॥
Jab lag jarā rog nahī ā▫i▫ā.
As long as the disease of old age has not come to the body,

ਜਬ ਲਗੁ ਕਾਲਿ ਗ੍ਰਸੀ ਨਹੀ ਕਾਇਆ ॥
Jab lag kāl garsī nahī kā▫i▫ā.
and as long as death has not come and seized the body,

ਜਬ ਲਗੁ ਬਿਕਲ ਭਈ ਨਹੀ ਬਾਨੀ ॥
Jab lag bikal bẖa▫ī nahī bānī.
and as long as your voice has not lost its power,

ਭਜਿ ਲੇਹਿ ਰੇ ਮਨ ਸਾਰਿਗਪਾਨੀ ॥੨॥
Bẖaj lehi re man sārigpānī. ||2||
O mortal being, vibrate and meditate on the Lord of the World. ||2||

ਅਬ ਨ ਭਜਸਿ ਭਜਸਿ ਕਬ ਭਾਈ ॥
Ab na bẖajas bẖajas kab bẖā▫ī.
If you do not vibrate and meditate on Him now, when will you?

ਆਵੈ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਭਜਿਆ ਜਾਈ ॥
Āvai anṯ na bẖaji▫ā jā▫ī.
When the end comes, you will not be able to vibrate and meditate on Him.

ਜੋ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਰਹਿ ਸੋਈ ਅਬ ਸਾਰੁ ॥
Jo kicẖẖ karahi so▫ī ab sār.
Whatever you have to do - now is the best time to do it.

ਫਿਰਿ ਪਛੁਤਾਹੁ ਨ ਪਾਵਹੁ ਪਾਰੁ ॥੩॥
Fir pathuṯāhu na pāvhu pār. ||3||
Otherwise, you shall regret and repent afterwards, and you shall not be carried across to the other side. ||3||

This is a chardikala viewpoint, I like it too.