Women and Turban = No.

Kaalka

1 minute ago, GurpreetKaur said:

cook, clean, work, give birth to kids, raise them, after marriage look after husband like a baby ( since men cant look after themselves), build men's ego by giving them fake compliments and many more things. 

Don't forget considering yourself as only half-human and considering your husband as God.

Actually I have to disagree with this. My husband can cook (better than I can), my apartment looks like a tornado hit it, my husband is the one who tries to build my ego (no not ego... more like self confidence)  because often I undersell myself.  He can look after himself quite easily and he's way more into doing things like housework and cooking together instead of being served.  I want to pursue broadcast engineering after military is done next year... and he is being hugely supportive.  broadcast engineering is basically electronics technician with the broadcast stuff thrown in (both tv and radio / transmissions).  It's a LOT of math that I have not looked at since high school... eek!  But anyway he is being very supportive. 

3 minutes ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

Don't forget considering yourself as only half-human and considering your husband as God.

Actually I have to disagree with this. My husband can cook (better than I can), my apartment looks like a tornado hit it, my husband is the one who tries to build my ego (no not ego... more like self confidence)  because often I undersell myself.  He can look after himself quite easily and he's way more into doing things like housework and cooking together instead of being served.  I want to pursue broadcast engineering after military is done next year... and he is being hugely supportive.  broadcast engineering is basically electronics technician with the broadcast stuff thrown in (both tv and radio / transmissions).  It's a LOT of math that I have not looked at since high school... eek!  But anyway he is being very supportive. 

Yea go for it, math gets on our nerves but fun as hell lol. Good thing he is very supportive. 

Just now, GurpreetKaur said:

Yea go for it, math gets on our nerves but fun as hell lol. Good thing he is very supportive. 

Wanna help me with Kirchoff's laws etc? LOL actually its not so much the laws themselves as I understand them... but it's following the bloody circuit diagram to figure out each node and each loop.  And then derive the equations from them.

2 minutes ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

Wanna help me with Kirchoff's laws etc? LOL actually its not so much the laws themselves as I understand them... but it's following the bloody circuit diagram to figure out each node and each loop.  And then derive the equations from them.

You need my physics professor, his sense of humor and knowledge will make it so interesting for you. Lol. Good luck. 

43 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

That image you are talking about isn't an anomaly. It's a fairly common theme.

ok kool. I will take your word for it.

35 minutes ago, Kaalka said:

His singhni may of a turban to give the impression to the enemy that there is 2 Singhs instead of a couple, this way fear is instilled within the mind of the enemy. 

Interesting

18 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Here we go......

It was only a matter of time..

29 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

cook, clean, work, give birth to kids, raise them, after marriage look after husband like a baby ( since men cant look after themselves), build men's ego by giving them fake compliments and many more things. 

I have limitless respect and dignity for women. The things they go through and tolerate are easier said than done. The effort they put into the family is beautiful.

My only issue is women should stay women and not attempt to be like men and vice versa.

The turban is and has always been the symbol of masculinity - look at the reference to it in the eastern world.

1 minute ago, Kaalka said:

I have limitless respect and dignity for women. The things they go through and tolerate are easier said than done. The effort they put into the family is beautiful.

My only issue is women should stay women and not attempt to be like men and vice versa.

The turban is and has always been the symbol of masculinity - look at the reference to it in the eastern world.

Something covering your head does not remove whether one is male or female. 

Once you take amrit covering your hair is compulsory AT ALL TIMES.  If you choose to do it with a chunni all the power to you but try doing anything even remotely physical with a chunni on, without strangling yourself! First of all, I am in the military and a chunni would not be allowed for safety reasons - too much hanging loose and doesnt look professional. A turban however is fine.  Also, I like actually doing things and not standing still. Before I started to tie a dastar, I could not keep a chunni on my head!  Even sitting still in the Gurdwara... and not too many seasoned aunties can even keep one on the whole time. They inevitably fall off and need to be fixed constantly.  I can move freely with a dastar.  Also, since I have hugely thick hair, and can't cut it, the ONLY way I can deal with it is to contain it in a turban.  If not, I would look like I stuck my finger in a light socket.... literally.... I am not even joking. The only way I could deal growing up was to cut it short - yes as short as men's cuts.  Or else I was called everything from "afro muffin" to a plethora of other hurtful things because of my hair.  So since I am Amritdhari, the ONLY way I can deal with it is to keep it contained. A chunni would never work... unless or course I tied it like a turban LOL. 

51 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Well artist forgot to create her Boobs so I don't expect him/her to rememeber to create full stomach covered choli. 

From an artistic point of view, some elements are exaggerated to emphasis. The visibility of the stomach in reality could be much less, but only exaggerated in context of the drawing.

4 minutes ago, Kaalka said:

From an artistic point of view, some elements are exaggerated to emphasis. The visibility of the stomach in reality could be much less, but only exaggerated in context of the drawing.

Exactly. This is clearly a stylized drawing. There are many "exaggerated" elements, which are stylistic choices.

1 minute ago, BhagatSingh said:

Exactly. This is clearly a stylized drawing. There are many "exaggerated" elements, which are stylistic choices.

People don't see it rationally. They're drawings at the end of the day. They aren't photographs, to take them literal would be foolish.

6 minutes ago, Kaalka said:

This isn't a debate between men and woman, but preventing the masculising of women.

Except... you will likely be the first to also say the BECAUSE women don't have turbans they can't possibly be in the 'roop' of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, and then prevent them from having equal rights in Sikhi.  In fact, how can a woman who doesn't tie a turban even LOOK Sikh at all?  Will people try and squint to see if she has a kara? And even then some Hindus also wear karas.  So how is she supposed to stand out as a Sikh and be different and not seen as a Hindu woman?  Anyway, turbans do NOT masculinize women. 

And it doesn't matter anyway. If you want a Singhni who dresses in skimpy clothing and wears a ton of makeup nobody is stopping you. Luckily my husband was looking for a spiritual partner and not a model. 

Singhni.jpg

2 minutes ago, Kaalka said:

I think the answer is here

So I was right it is Surma/Kajal.

So basically, the wife is adoring her husband, having his darshana, seeing the rab roop in Him.  And in order to highlight those eyes, she is putting kajal in her eyes.

Good cultural song though.