Sri Raagmala and Sri Sarabloh Granth

6 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Instead of metal blades they had double sided war clubs shaped like a wooden Khanda and in a groove on both sides they would take shards of obsidian and pitch then into place resulting in a sword with a blade thickness at entry of about an atom thick then widening. The end result is absolutely effective. 

Thanks for the info Paaji.

Can you please post a high resolution picture of it over here?

Bhul chuk maaf

21 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Instead of metal blades they had double sided war clubs shaped like a wooden Khanda and in a groove on both sides they would take shards of obsidian and pitch then into place resulting in a sword with a blade thickness at entry of about an atom thick then widening. The end result is absolutely effective. 

Doesn't your display pic remind you of the following beautiful verses from Sri Uggardanti Sahib?

image.png.2ae611e109b83f3d727037e483cd70d6.png

Bhul chuk maaf

On 5/26/2021 at 8:19 PM, paapiman said:

Beautiful picture bro. Thanks a lot for sharing.

ਬਾਂਕ ਬਜ੍ਰ ਬਿਛੁਓ ਬਿਸਿਖ ਬਿਰਹ ਬਾਨ ਸਭ ਰੂਪ ॥

ਜਿਨ ਕੋ ਤੁਮ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰੀ ਭਏ ਜਗਤ ਕੇ ਭੂਪ ॥੨੫॥

Btw, this thread has gone off-topic. @sarabatam

Bhul chuk maaf

The above verses are from Sri Shastar Naam Mala Sahib.

Bhuk chuk maaf

On 5/27/2021 at 12:11 AM, Ragmaala said:

Why would you want to make a murti when you can have real Darshana of Guru Nanak Sahib?

This is exactly my point. Just replace murti with photo.

On 5/26/2021 at 11:40 PM, Ragmaala said:

imo I also want to mention that no one can create an exact photo of Nirankar Rabb Ji Guru Nanak Sahib, but its more of a symbolic aid to help devotees.

This is the problem of today's devotees, specially Hindus. Hinduism did not have any pakhands like idol worship. In temples, the bell and the stone were just symbols but due to less knowledge of Vedas among devotees, it led to everyone bowing towards them and making 'stone worship' and 'bell ringing' a great Karam of Dharam.

I agree with the fact that it helps in dhyaan but I don't think bowing to it is sikhi. 

Guru Sahib has said us to bow in front of Partakh guru, Guru Granth sahib Ji and shastars (yahai hamare peer). I don't think he mentions photos (real photos) anywhere.

And a beautiful pankti comes in my mind. Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj in Sri Dasam Granth writes that whosoever worships him will fall into hell. He meant that whosoever thinks that 'this body' is Akaal Purakh is in falsehood. We have to worship that jot of Vaheguru, and not mere symbols.

On 5/27/2021 at 12:11 AM, Ragmaala said:

Your thinking is very rigid.

Maybe Bhai sahib. Maybe I'm wrong here.

Bhul chuk maaf 

Trimandeep Singh 

On 5/25/2021 at 2:50 PM, paapiman said:

If you want to discuss the above two issues in more details, please post in the relevant topic or you can start a new topic, if you want.

Thanks a lot

This thread is an example of a discussion, which went off-topic. Well, Daas also made a mistake by replying to a post. I should have had moved the discussion to a different topic.

Anyways, Daas can only request people to stay on-topic. Rest is their choice.

Bhul chuk maaf

3 minutes ago, paapiman said:

This thread is an example of a discussion, which went off-topic. Well, Daas also made a mistake by replying to a post. I should have had moved the discussion to a different topic.

Anyways, Daas can only request people to stay on-topic. Rest is their choice.

Bhul chuk maaf

When name of Baba Nand Singh Ji was mentioned, Daas did reply but now, has no problem. Though still I am against it, I don't consider doing vichar on it because noone can understand Brahmgyani's leela. 

Trimandeep Singh 

48 minutes ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

When name of Baba Nand Singh Ji was mentioned, Daas did reply but now, has no problem. Though still I am against it, I don't consider doing vichar on it because noone can understand Brahmgyani's leela. 

Trimandeep Singh 

Gurparsaad, Daas will discuss about Idol Worship and Photos in a separate topic.

Bhul chuk maaf

• 4 months later...
On 5/26/2021 at 11:52 PM, Trimandeep Singh said:

If the photos of guru sahib (fake or real, whatever) remind us of guru sahib then why can't we also make a murti of guru sahib which resembles the one Baba Nand Singh Ji approved? 

If a photo can, then the murti can also remind us of Guru sahib. But if people start bowing to it, do you think it will be tolerated by Jathedars? We proudly say that Sikhism is free of empty rituals.

ਕਹਾਭਇਓਜੋਅਤਹਿਤਚਿਤਕਰਬਹੁਬਿਧਸਿਲਾਪੁਜਾਈ॥
Of what use is the worship of the stones with devotion and sincerity in various ways?

ਪ੍ਰਾਨਥਕਿਓਪਾਹਨਕਹਪਰਸਤਕਛੁਕਰਿਸਿਧਨਆਈ॥੧॥
The hand became tired of touching the stones, because no spiritual power accrued.

ਅਛਤਧੂਪਦੀਪਅਰਪਤਹੈਪਾਹਨਕਛੂਨਖੈਹੈ॥

Rice, incense and lamps are offered, but the stones do not eat anything,

ਤਾਮੈਂਕਹਾਂਸਿਧਹੈਰੇਜੜਤੋਹਿਕਛੂਬਰਦੈਹੈ॥੨॥
O fool! where is the spiritual power in them, so that they may bless you with some boon.2.

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh 

Baba Nand Singh jee said that to respect Guru Sahib's tasveer but it is one's sharda. In hazur sahib, tasveer of guru sahib is very respected. Baba nand singh jee gave darshan of Guru Sahib to the painter who painted accordingly, in the sakhi it even comes that the painter had hankaar because he saw guru sahib in partakh roop without kamai.that's why Baba isher singh jee had another saroop made. Baba Nanak jee's holy charan is the way to the lord and baba jee did bachan that one should meditate while concentrating on the guru's lotus charan. Guru Gobind Singh jee did command that my pratakh deh saroop is Guru Granth Sahib jee, sometimes we forget that, that's where saroop is important. I am currently in Tarn Taran at my grandfather's place where there is parkash of Guru Granth Sahib jee and I can ensure you that it is absolute bliss to do simran or patnh while concetrating at the golden padam or to gaze at guru sahib's divine and beautiful face whenever there is a tuk about darshan or didaar in path. 

I advise you to go to a nanaksar gurudwara(under Baba Gurdev Singh Jee) and ask the mahatam of saroop to the mahant jee and he will dispel your doubts.

btw veerji, where are you based?

Bhul Chuk maaf

Sat Kartar