Spiritual Benefits of Yoga

So recently I found out I have anterior pelvic tilt. It's a very noticeable curve in the lower back area. The main cause is usually sitting, poor posture etc. I want to fix this because it leads to occasional lower back pain. It does not lead to pain often but it will most likely get worse over time. 

I have decided I want to start yoga to correct it. Does anyone have anything in mind? I've heard yoga can help spirituality as well, so are there any types of yoga that could aid spirituality while correcting the posture problem?

My other question from this is what are the spiritual benefits of posture type yoga's? How do they work internally? I've had this question for a while. 

Anterior-Pelvic-Tilt.jpg

This is a good topic and a good reminder to correct my anterior pelvic tilt too.

You will find tons of information on spiritual benefits of keeping certain postures like having an erect spine or certain mudras or asanas. Two trusted sources on youtube for me are Sadhguru and Swami Rama. I like Swami Rama better because he is a traditionalist and provides solid advice. Although he can be a bit dense to get through. Yoga Sutras by Swami Rama is highly recommended. He also was in touch with Sant Waryam Singh .

2 hours ago, HisServant said:

I've heard yoga can help spirituality as well

Also with time you will learn that Yoga is indeed spiritual only. What we see these days is a distortion of yoga.

Following is a video where Sadhguru talks about importance of keeping a straight spine. I am sure you can find the related links from youtube for you own benefit.

Here is a link for Swami Rama. This is good for learning spirituality & Yoga, as you seem to be interested in this topic.

https://www.youtube.com/user/swamiramahimalayas

All the best!

When you do the lunges stretch even for 30s you notice an immediate effect on your sitting posture. I have tried glute bridge exercises in the past. Thanks for the reminder @HisServant  need to get back to it again :)

The following are your Hip flexors muscles. These get tight due to excessive sitting on chair as students or during work. The lunges really help stretch these and make a big difference.

psoas-3.jpg

41 minutes ago, Lucky said:

As for Yoga, I can only talk about the kundalini yoga that I have been doing for a few years. ... Yes, It does definitely help, ..and if done properly, it will help clear the mind, heighten your inner and outer awareness, strengthen and help elongate your spine, strengthen your body,teach stamina and endurance......and best of all... it can help achieve unforgettable moments of transcendent joy and spiritual ecstasy! :)  .  There is nothing better for me than to have Yoga as an art of extending my spiritual prayer and devotion into physical discipline. 

@Lucky

Waheguru, I've had horrible posture pretty much my whole life.  Have a forward head tilt,  can't keep my spine perfectly straight for more then a 20-30 mins,  and that's with my forward head tilt.  I've been trying to work on it and do a few stretches, but fall back into the lifetime of bad habits.  

I'm thinking of starting kundalini yoga , and am wondering how long generally do you think before I can expect results? Physically? Spirtually?  How much does the instructor make a difference? Not really sure how to go on about finding one in eastern cgy.  

Also one thing that's holding me back is currently I am out of shape, not over weight but I would maybe out of breath if sprinted a short distance,  so not sure how physically taxing it is.  

On 5/11/2016 at 10:30 AM, HisServant said:

So recently I found out I have anterior pelvic tilt. It's a very noticeable curve in the lower back area. The main cause is usually sitting, poor posture etc. I want to fix this because it leads to occasional lower back pain. It does not lead to pain often but it will most likely get worse over time. 

Bro, a chiropractor may also help you to fix your problem.

This guy is amazing.

Bhul chuk maaf