Gurdwara Dookh Nivaaran Saahib, Brampton

Guest Singh

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh

Guru Piyari Guru Swari Khalsa Saadh Sangat Jio,

Daas has a request in front of the whole Khalsa Panth. There is a Gurudwara Sahib in my locality by the name Gurudwara Dookh Nivaaran Saahib. It is located near hwy 410 and Steeles Rd area in Brampton. That Gurudwara used to be under the control of Missionaries and it used to be called Sikh Lehar Centre. But with Guru Sahib Ji's Kirpa they were not successful in preaching their ideology. Guru Sahib Ji protected His Khalsa Panth. It is the same place where a dispute had happened a few years ago because of Darshan ex-Ragi. But Khalsa Ji, no one would have ever imagined that one day tides would turn the other way and the management of this Gurudwara Sahib will be under Panthic GurSikhs. Khalsa Ji, in the beginning of this year, a naujwan Singh born and raised in Canada took the Gurdwara Sahib building on lease. He is now the sewadar there now. Its fascinating how much things have changed over the last months. Everything that Missionaries preach against is now being practiced with Sri Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj Ji's Apaar Kirpa. This Singh and his Singhni prepare Degh and cook Langar in Sarbloh Ji, there is an emphasis on Guru Sahib Ji's Bana, suchmata (cleanliness) is given importance that Missionaries would call Brahminwaad... And the biggest thing of all is, every Friday evening there is a Simran Program held by youth. That is something really ironic to happen there because Missionaries stop people from Japping Naam. 

But Khalsa Ji, as much as Guru Sahib Ji has given his Quom this opportunity to step up and make a difference, its not happening. The Sangat's attendance there is very low. Khalsa Ji its our responsibility of youth to stand by our brother, and support him in running the Gurudwara Sahib. There is a lot of weight on that Singh's shoulders. He can't do it alone. Khalsa Ji that Singh is a father of three children and he has to manage that too. It will be shame for all of us if that Singh wouldn't be able to carry the Sewa forward because managing a Gurudwara Sahib can't be done alone. There's no commitee uncles controlling the system in that Gurudwara Sahib ji its just Singhs. Khalsa Ji daas is sorry to this but we will have to face a unforgiving future if don't stand by Singhs that are trying to make a difference in our quom.

So I beg Guru Khalsa Panth to please step up and give support for running the Gurudwara Sahib Ji. It's OUR Gurudwara, of Guru Khalsa Panth Ji.

On Saturday October 15th, Bhai Surjit Singh Ji is from the UK is going to be doing Katha from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm. Please attend and show your support Khalsa Jio.

(Bhul chuk maaf ji)

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh.

IMG-20161012-WA0000.jpg

5 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

Guru Piyari Guru Swari Khalsa Saadh Sangat Jio,

Daas has a request in front of the whole Khalsa Panth. There is a Gurudwara Sahib in my locality by the name Gurudwara Dookh Nivaaran Saahib. It is located near hwy 410 and Steeles Rd area in Brampton. That Gurudwara used to be under the control of Missionaries and it used to be called Sikh Lehar Centre. But with Guru Sahib Ji's Kirpa they were not successful in preaching their ideology. Guru Sahib Ji protected His Khalsa Panth. It is the same place where a dispute had happened a few years ago because of Darshan ex-Ragi. But Khalsa Ji, no one would have ever imagined that one day tides would turn the other way and the management of this Gurudwara Sahib will be under Panthic GurSikhs. Khalsa Ji, in the beginning of this year, a naujwan Singh born and raised in Canada took the Gurdwara Sahib building on lease. He is now the sewadar there now. Its fascinating how much things have changed over the last months. Everything that Missionaries preach against is now being practiced with Sri Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj Ji's Apaar Kirpa. This Singh and his Singhni prepare Degh and cook Langar in Sarbloh Ji, there is an emphasis on Guru Sahib Ji's Bana, suchmata (cleanliness) is given importance that Missionaries would call Brahminwaad... And the biggest thing of all is, every Friday evening there is a Simran Program held by youth. That is something really ironic to happen there because Missionaries stop people from Japping Naam. 

But Khalsa Ji, as much as Guru Sahib Ji has given his Quom this opportunity to step up and make a difference, its not happening. The Sangat's attendance there is very low. Khalsa Ji its our responsibility of youth to stand by our brother, and support him in running the Gurudwara Sahib. There is a lot of weight on that Singh's shoulders. He can't do it alone. Khalsa Ji that Singh is a father of three children and he has to manage that too. It will be shame for all of us if that Singh wouldn't be able to carry the Sewa forward because managing a Gurudwara Sahib can't be done alone. There's no commitee uncles controlling the system in that Gurudwara Sahib ji its just Singhs. Khalsa Ji daas is sorry to this but we will have to face a unforgiving future if don't stand by Singhs that are trying to make a difference in our quom.

So I beg Guru Khalsa Panth to please step up and give support for running the Gurudwara Sahib Ji. It's OUR Gurudwara, of Guru Khalsa Panth Ji.

On Saturday October 15th, Bhai Surjit Singh Ji is from the UK is going to be doing Katha from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm. Please attend and show your support Khalsa Jio.

(Bhul chuk maaf ji)

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh.

IMG-20161012-WA0000.jpg

Bro, it is good to hear that the Missionaries are gone. 

Daas would like to apologize in advance for the following question.

What do you mean by Panthic Gursikhs? Sikhs associated with traditional Sampradas?

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, Singh123456777 said:

Yea I wanted to know if this gurduwara is pro raag mala or not.

Good question bro. We need to make sure that we do not support any Gurudwara, which promotes any form of disbelief in any part of Gurbani (all three Granths).

There is a Gurudwars in my area, which is under Missionary control. In the past, heretics like Dhunda and Panthpreet have spoken from their stage.

Bhul chuk maaf

Not paapiman veer ji,

Yes by "Panthic GurSikhs", daas meant traditional Sampardaic Sikhs. Daas didnt want to write name of the jathebandi because the Singh doesnt want to give the Gurudwara Sahib Ji a label by a specific jatha. The Singhs there follow Taksali Maryada. But they are tolerant of other jathebandis and want to give every jathebandi to an equal platform to share Gursikhi. And until that doesnt happen we cant move forward as a quom. Bhai Surjit Singh UK is from AKJ. But mature Gursikhs look past our differences and share the positivity. And regarding Sri Dasam Patshah Ji's Gurbani, yes all Taksali Singhs believe in it along with Raagmala. Lets not turn this into a Raagmala thread though. 

28 minutes ago, Guest Singh said:

Not paapiman veer ji,

Yes by "Panthic GurSikhs", daas meant traditional Sampardaic Sikhs. Daas didnt want to write name of the jathebandi because the Singh doesnt want to give the Gurudwara Sahib Ji a label by a specific jatha. The Singhs there follow Taksali Maryada. But they are tolerant of other jathebandis and want to give every jathebandi to an equal platform to share Gursikhi. And until that doesnt happen we cant move forward as a quom. Bhai Surjit Singh UK is from AKJ. But mature Gursikhs look past our differences and share the positivity. And regarding Sri Dasam Patshah Ji's Gurbani, yes all Taksali Singhs believe in it along with Raagmala. Lets not turn this into a Raagmala thread though. 

If they are following Taksali Maryada does that mean they discriminate against Singhnis?

I mean are Singhnis discriminated against / barred from seva of SGGSJ during their menses and from seva as Panj Pyaras? 

Because that should not be allowed. If they are to be tolerant of all Sikhs and not pushing one Maryada, they should allow women equal treatment as per the Panthic Maryada, and I hope they are. Otherwise saying they are tolerant of others is just lip service at least to the Kaurs, and you will likely attract more Kaurs to do seva if you uphold that ideal of equality. And I don't mean just pushing the ladies to the kitchen. A lot of Sikh youth, a lot of young Kaurs want more active roles so I hope this Gurdwara is open to them too on equal grounds. I have heard some bad things from Taksali run Gurdwaras before with regards to treatment of women.

44 minutes ago, Guest Singh said:

Not paapiman veer ji,

wjkk wjkf

Excellent news brother. Thanks for clarification. It is great that those Singhs follow Taksali Maryada. Hopefully, more and more Gurudwaras come under Sampradai control with Chardikala Gurmukhs as their leading jathedars/sevadaars.

Also appreciate that you brought this to people's attention. Many people might still be thinking that this Gurudwara is under anti-Sikh elements.

Bhul chuk maaf

19 hours ago, Singh123456777 said:

Yea I wanted to know if this gurduwara is pro raag mala or not.

Veer ji - what is raag Mala ?  Recently over last 1.5 years, I finally started to sing. This was after going to guru ghars and singing kirtan bani from via my iphone (so at least I could understand what I was singing to a certain degree). Prior to this, as a young child in india part of the national curriculum was kathak - where an ustaad would teach us classical music and kathak - I was traumatized as I always got  left and right wrong as a child. Hence later in life, I wanted to connect to singing (as I was prevented to do so for a majority of my adult life)..... and well gurbani  simran and kirtan in sangat at guru ghar blew my soul apart -  (it was far better than singing along in secret to songs of praise, a uk program, that I used to do at home on sunday when nobody was around). Hence the joy of singing and learning entire SGGS ji apart from when kirtanis start adding their own bits of Sa Ra Ga Ma inbetween a shabad - that used to throw me off and bring back memories of my childhood kathak....

Hence can somebody please share the parallels of Raags - how this maps to classical hindi music and what each raag means ? As classical hindi & qawali music I do enjoy listening to - as long as Im not doing kathak mixing my lefts and rights !

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna

Guest Wake Up
On 2016-10-14 at 2:12 PM, paapiman said:

Good question bro. We need to make sure that we do not support any Gurudwara, which promotes any form of disbelief in any part of Gurbani (all three Granths).

There is a Gurudwars in my area, which is under Missionary control. In the past, heretics like Dhunda and Panthpreet have spoken from their stage.

Bhul chuk maaf

You do know that this same Gurdwara held an AKJ Samagam only a few weeks ago?

AKJ do not follow Taksali maryada, they follow panthic maryada and allow women full euqal participation including seva as Panj Pyaras. They don't keep women from seva of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji either. I know you are against all of the above. There is also raagmala issue.

So will you still support this Gurdwara now paapiman? 

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2016 at 8:01 AM, Tina Kaur Bains said:

what is raag Mala ?  

Sri Raagmala Sahib jee is the last Gurbani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee. It is a brilliant composition (with akhree and anthriv arths) by Sri Satguru jee (Fifth Master). 

Some people believe that it is not Gurbani.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 2016-11-08 at 7:16 AM, paapiman said:

Sri Raagmala Sahib jee is the last Gurbani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee. It is a brilliant composition (with akhree and anthriv arths) by Sri Satguru jee (Fifth Master). 

Bhul chuk maaf

Did you know that ragmala appears in a composition as part of a Hindi love poem called Maadhav Nal Kaam Kundla which was written by a Sufi Muslim Kavi, Alam? 

On 11/8/2016 at 6:16 AM, paapiman said:

Bhul chuk maaf

The oldest saroops of Satguru Sri Ad Guru Granth Sahib jee have Sri Raagmala Sahib jee in them.

The saroops signed by Sri Satguru jee also have Sri Raagmala Sahib jee in them.

Also, please have a look at the topic below. Listen to how the person, who printed the saroop without Sri Raagmala Sahib jee, was punished by the divine force.

Bhul chuk maaf