Singh and Gun (video game project)

BhagatSingh

Ever since I played my first video-game at a young age, I have always wanted to make one of my own. Recently I have been working on a game, which I am calling Singh and Gun (working title).

Singh and Gun is a run-and-gun platformer, where you fight alien invaders, who seek to capture earth and to drive humanity to extinction. It is your job to find out what they are upto and to stop their nefarious plans.

I need your help with further development of this project. With your support, I will be able to further flesh out the game, add more content to it, make it available on Mobile phones, and so on. When the game is finished, I want to eventually release it for free, to the wider audience. So with your support I can make all that happen.

You can support this game by donating to my Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/sikhiart - starting from $1 or 68Rs per month.

All of my Patreon Supporters can start playing the game immediately by downloading the current build of the game from Patreon.

11 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

Ever since I played my first video-game at a young age, I have always wanted to make one of my own. Recently I have been working on a game, which I am calling Singh and Gun (working title).

Singh and Gun is a run-and-gun platformer, where you fight alien invaders, who seek to capture earth and to drive humanity to extinction. It is your job to find out what they are upto and to stop their nefarious plans.

I need your help with further development of this project. With your support, I will be able to further flesh out the game, add more content to it, make it available on Mobile phones, and so on. When the game is finished, I want to eventually release it for free, to the wider audience. So with your support I can make all that happen.

You can support this game by donating to my Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/sikhiart - starting from $1 or 68Rs per month.

All of my Patreon Supporters can start playing the game immediately by downloading the current build of the game from Patreon.

Have you been to a gun range out there in Canada? 

19 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

I would like to hit the gun range at some point but it's not high on my priority list.

Oh okay, so you just like to fantasize about that stuff.......684199898_panjhathiar.png.e940ce89f4746e32bf0d8eeea5a6f0b0.png

8 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Oh okay, so you just like to fantasize about that stuff.......684199898_panjhathiar.png.e940ce89f4746e32bf0d8eeea5a6f0b0.png

Guru Sahib lived at a time when weapons and warfare was a high-priority for him, due to the execution of his father by a tyrannical government.

He fought many battles at a young age, and so did his eldest son, Baba Ajit Singh ji.

When I was Baba Ajit Singh ji's age, the age when he was martyred, I was making a painting of him, of those moments before his martyrdom.

So Akal Purakh sahib has sent me here for a different purpose.

http://www.sikhiart.com/2017/06/30/my-purpose-in-this-world/

16 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

Guru Sahib lived at a time when weapons and warfare was a high-priority for him, due to the execution of his father by a tyrannical government.

He fought many battles at a young age, and so did his eldest son, Baba Ajit Singh ji.

When I was Baba Ajit Singh ji's age, the age when he was martyred, I was making a painting of him, of those moments before his martyrdom.

So you've excused yourself from any physical activity.....

14 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

I think you are getting ahead yourself.

I keep myself physically fit but it is not the same as going to a gun range.

Also, explain what all this has to do with the video game.

You live in some fantasy world mate. I've heard enough. 

23 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

Um, painting is good and all, but its not a purpose. Akaal purkh only wants a person to do bhagti and bhagti alone. Nothing else matters. So nobody has a purpose in this world, except to do bhagti.

Also charging an arm and leg for one painting is not sikh values

24 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

Um, painting is good and all, but its not a purpose. Akaal purkh only wants a person to do bhagti and bhagti alone. Nothing else matters. So nobody has a purpose in this world, except to do bhagti.

Indeed the purpose of the human birth is to do Bhagti. There is no greater purpose than Bhagti.

However Akal Purakh sahib also has another task for us. And when we do Bhagti, then reveals that task to us.

And that task becomes our mission in this world.

Guru Nanak Dev ji went into the river for 3 days and did Bhagti, during which he received his mission, to travel and spread the message of the Oneness.

Guru Gobind Singh ji meditated atop the Hemkunt parbat and there Akal Purakh sahib gave him the mission to establish the Khalsa panth and fight tyrants.

In this way Akal Purakh sahib has a mission for all of us, if we meditate on him, he will tell us what that mission is.

It doesn't have to be a grand mission like the Gurus received.

It can be something insignificant like gardening, painting, doing maths, etc.

Initially I didn't know my mission was to do paintings.

I was originally studying to become a doctor, but during my studies and during the summer holidays, I was absorbed in Akal Purakh sahib's feet.

I would stay up all night obsessing over him. And when I did sleep, I would have dreams in which I would do Bhagti.

So I was meditating and I was also dreaming about meditating. I would wake up and find myself still meditating.

I devoted all my time to it so much so that it entered all my activities.

What I've found from doing that is that Bhagti improves the quality of all other activities.

Even activities that our brain has automated, like washing hands, taking a dump or driving a car, when these are done with the current of Bhagti running through them, then it is quite something!

Anyway this whole process lead to a series of insights about the nature of Akal Purakh sahib and this body in which he is sitting in.

This whole process felt like a purification, where the burden of my past mistakes and wrong actions was being lifted one by one.

This process rewired huge chunks of my brain and made me into a new person, so much so that my parents could no longer recognize me.

And it was through this process, I found out what my mission was.

So then I left my original path and started painting full-time.

27 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

Also charging an arm and leg for one painting is not sikh values 

Singh, if 60 bucks is too much for you then email me, I'll send you one for free.

49 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

Guru Nanak Dev ji went into the river for 3 days and did Bhagti, during which he received his mission, to travel and spread the message of the Oneness.

He was sargun saroop of waheguru so it wasnt just after he went into the water that he recieved “his purpose in life” 

Guru sahib was doing it from day 1

51 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

Singh, if 60 bucks is too much for you then email me, I'll send you one for free

Nah, i like another artists painting more, but he too charges an arm and leg.

On 5/28/2018 at 4:25 PM, Singh123456777 said:

He was sargun saroop of waheguru so it wasnt just after he went into the water that he recieved “his purpose in life” 

Guru sahib was doing it from day 1

Nah, i like another artists painting more, but he too charges an arm and leg.

Haha in that case you should realize that people have been underpaying artists this whole time!

Btw he also sells for 60 bucks,  if I remember correctly. So buy that option until you save up for the bigger option.

3 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

Btw he also sells for 60 bucks,  if I remember correctly. So buy that option until you save up for the bigger option.

If you think i like art of punjab, you are mistaken. His art is horrible. You are is slightly better than his, but not leaps and bounds greater.

3 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

Haha in that case you should realize that people have been underpaying artists this whole time!

I understand that artists are underpayed, but those artists are not having an epiphany like you, who thinks that this is your goal in life. If this was your goal in life from Vaheguru then you should be giving these paintings for free. The other artists are not saying that this is their purpose in life, you are. And thats why i have a problem.

1 hour ago, Singh123456777 said:

If you think i like art of punjab, you are mistaken. His art is horrible. You are is slightly better than his, but not leaps and bounds greater.

Which artist are you referring to?

I understand that artists are underpayed, but those artists are not having an epiphany like you, who thinks that this is your goal in life. If this was your goal in life from Vaheguru then you should be giving these paintings for free. The other artists are not saying that this is their purpose in life, you are. And thats why i have a problem.

Having an epiphany or a purpose given by Akal Purakh sahib doesn't mean you ignore your condition and do stupid actions.

I also have a few stomachs to fill and have to put the roof over our head. Soon my family will be growing and so I need to earn more for the newcomers as well.

I give away art every now and then and donate it to various art fundraisers, gurdwaras and galleries. I also offered it to you.

But at the same time, I also have to earn some money in order to create more art.

I remember when I was studying in medical field, I did not get much time to paint.

come on Singh123456777, everyone has to feed his/her family; as long as you're doing it with "dasa nauha de kirt", all is good. The questions that you're putting to bhagat, the same question could be put to you in regards to doing ONLY bhagati; can you survive without doing any work in practical life?

I'm not saying that you've to agree with everything what BhagatSingh says. If you can't say good for anyone, then at-least don't say bad.

Personally, I don't find it bad (infact it is good) if anyone thinks that the work he is doing (as long as it doesn't harm anyone) is the duty that God has given to him. Eventually, work will become God; anything that brings you closer to God is good. I wish if I could enjoy my work as BhagatSingh does.

In the Spiritual circle it is a known fact that you have to perform your duty (worldly duty) with sincerity. Even in the meditations, we can never succeed without WORK.

Now, the question is: What is work? Work is rest. All true work is rest where credit seeking little self is absent. e.g see the hero fighting in a war. The body works automatically, as it were, the mind is absorbed in the work to such a degree that "I'm working" is entirely gone, the small enjoying ego is completely lost. Let the body and mind be continously at work to such a degree that labor may not be felt at all. All work is nothing else but the burning of our wick and oil, in other words, all work is nothing else but making our body and illusions, practically nothing from the standpoint of our own consciousness. Rise above them and that is work. Now, in what mood and mode does successful work become natural for us? There is something higher which puts all our working powers at their best. That higher is nothing else but being in perfect harmony with the universe, being in tune with the divinity, practically living in the true Atman or God within us and being raised above the little ego or selfish desires. In order for our work to be success, we should not care for the results. Follow work for the sake of peace and nirvana connected with it. Do our work selflessly and skillfully.

e.g [ A employer will give promotion to its employee only when he is satisfied that whatever work is given to employee, the employee is doing it happily, selflessly, and skillfully. Same way GOD wants us to just do our work. ]

It is an feeling that one has to feel and that feeling cannot be described in words.

The Sikh panth became a dumb panth the day Sikhs started to demand poetry, writings, art, kirtan training etc. for free.

A panth that patrons and appreciates their scholars and artists is a panth that flourishes. A panth that asks for stuff for free is a panth going down.

On 5/30/2018 at 3:21 PM, amardeep said:

The Sikh panth became a dumb panth the day Sikhs started to demand poetry, writings, art, kirtan training etc. for free.

A panth that patrons and appreciates their scholars and artists is a panth that flourishes. A panth that asks for stuff for free is a panth going down.

Nah, they became dumb when they lost their self-confidence after the Anglo-Sikh wars and became sepoy, attack dogs for some foreign sovereign. And we all know which 'jaat' was at the forefront of this.....