Basics of sikhi one year after the passing of Bhai Jagraj Singh

amardeep

Gurfateh 

let’s have a discussion on basics of Sikhs, and other Sikh ngos in general. 

What do people think of the basics of Sikhi and how they’re doing today ? 

And are there any Sikh organisations (parchar , social work, political etc) out there you can recommend and think are doing great work ? 

Edited by amardeep

Sat Sri Akaal

Basics of sikhi is doing very good and the management is in very good hands of bhai jagraj singh's wife and the other singhs that have been there with bhai jagraj at the start or have recently joined this initiative to educate people about sikhi. The visions that Bhai Jagraj Singh had for Basics of Sikhi are becoming true over time and I hope the will continue to prosper. Another Sikh organization that I would recommend that you'd look into would be "manukhta di sewa sabh ton waddi seva" They post videos and show the conditions of people that they've helped, not to brag, but to encourage people like us to help the needy. There was a person in one video of theirs and his name was "Jammatu" He had been imprisoned for 40 years inside the house of a prominent sardar who was also the sarpanch of the pind for a long time. "Jammatu" who was from Bihar, was found on a road so the sardar basically took him to his house and made him work for free. He wasn't given a proper bed to sleep on, he drank chaa in a tank that contains spray for the khets and was not mentally capable of interacting with other people. He wasn't treated like a human at all. They fed him in a bowl that a dog eats in. While the manukhta di sewa guy was telling the sardar and his wife that he was going to take jamattu away, the bowl that jammatu ate in was placed on the ground as usual and now the dogs were given food in the same bowl. There are lakhs of people in Punjab that are imprisoned like this and it makes me proud to say that people's blood that had turned to water is rising once more and people don't tolerate this type of stuff now. 

1 hour ago, Nalwa said:

Sat Sri Akaal

Basics of sikhi is doing very good and the management is in very good hands of bhai jagraj singh's wife and the other singhs that have been there with bhai jagraj at the start or have recently joined this initiative to educate people about sikhi. The visions that Bhai Jagraj Singh had for Basics of Sikhi are becoming true over time and I hope the will continue to prosper. Another Sikh organization that I would recommend that you'd look into would be "manukhta di sewa sabh ton waddi seva" They post videos and show the conditions of people that they've helped, not to brag, but to encourage people like us to help the needy. There was a person in one video of theirs and his name was "Jammatu" He had been imprisoned for 40 years inside the house of a prominent sardar who was also the sarpanch of the pind for a long time. "Jammatu" who was from Bihar, was found on a road so the sardar basically took him to his house and made him work for free. He wasn't given a proper bed to sleep on, he drank chaa in a tank that contains spray for the khets and was not mentally capable of interacting with other people. He wasn't treated like a human at all. They fed him in a bowl that a dog eats in. While the manukhta di sewa guy was telling the sardar and his wife that he was going to take jamattu away, the bowl that jammatu ate in was placed on the ground as usual and now the dogs were given food in the same bowl. There are lakhs of people in Punjab that are imprisoned like this and it makes me proud to say that people's blood that had turned to water is rising once more and people don't tolerate this type of stuff now. 

This is typical pendu exploitation. It's been going on for centuries. Certain pendu farmers lack any sort of humanity whatsoever. 

I think there is a lot of potential in their Canadian parcharak Harnam Singh. He seems to have been schooled in samprdayic traditions as he brings up vedant terminology every now and then and he also does Katha of passages from Suraj Prakash Granth. I think he will definately be a moving star for the BOS. 

See one example here in this series from a Sikhan Di Bhagat Mala sakhi 

Nanak Naam is another ngo that is really popular and adds weight to Sikh philosophy in a western language mainly targeting western audiences. 

“The one podcast” by shabad singh Khalsa is another one to keep eyes on. It’s a radio show where he interviews researchers, artists, political activists, authors, scholars etc in regards to bringing out the deeper aspects of sikhi by people of knowledge. 

• 5 years later...