ate meat in a gurdwara helpp

sangat ji, something happened to me yesterday. i wanted to visit southall gurdwara havelock on my way i stopped off to get a quick snack , i stopped off at a punjabi shop for a paneer samosa , nowhere to park on da way, so i thought ok il park in da gurdwara premises underground car park quickly munch and den go in. car park was kinda dark, cudnt see much, anyways tucked in, felt spicey more mircha dis time and rubbery i thought maybe they jus put in some new ingredient to it, cos each time i had it in past tastes different from da previous time depending how they make the paneer and what stuff they add in. however as i got on my 5th bite it starting feeling like meat the texture felt heavier emember the taste of meat from my maas days

, so i turn my light on, it was a keema samosa.

i had jus eaten a keema samosa in a gurdwara premises. it aint jus a car park on da side secluded away from darbaar sahib, 2 levels above me directly the guru granth sahib is there.

i felt a combination of worry, shock, emotion, i first went to darbar sahib and asked for maafi, the shop closed it was 5pm. now i feel kinda weird and down about it, disheartened what shud i do? im not amritdhari, but i feel done summit wrong. i know it wasnt my fault but what shud i do? i was only visiting da area from a distance away and wanted to see the gurdwara.

i know im gonna get rinsed for going darbaar sahib after but the situation wasnt as if id eaten the meat outside den went in , i actually eating it inside the gurdara premises. i cudnt just leave my conciousness told me to go to guru and ask for forgivness. but i feel edgy bout it.

shaheed singhs stand at the nishaan sahib and protect gurughar, naam simran and bhagti valey singhs have done bhagti at this gurughar. help yaroh what shud be done?

fateh ji.... :shock: i can understand what kinda emotions u must have been goin thru.. but end of the day what u did was a honest mistake and u never did it intentionally.... if u did do it intentionally i dont think u would have come here n posted about it :P

dont worry too much.. go to the gurdwara today and mutha tek n ask for forgivness... :D

oh n one more thing... go back to the shop n tell em to wash out their ears cos they cant understand orders!! :evil:

Guest Javanmard

GO to sleep my friend, you have done nothing wrong because

1. You did not know it was meat. You had no intention to commit an offence so no offence was done. If you wish to be careful in the future please do so.

2. God ( as far as I, a simple worm know) does not really bother about people accidentally eating meat samosas in the Southall gurdwara.

3. If you do want to have meat in the langar go to Budha Dal :twisted:

seriously , don't worry, just be carefull about what you buy. I always do and even then...

there are more important things to worry about.

sweet though :D

Dont worry much about it. Do you think Rabji stayz only in a Gurudwara or Darbar Sahib? He is omnipresent. So, Itz not a big deal and therez is nothing to seek forgiveness.

Guest BikramjitSingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Bhaji

Just like to reiterate what the other posters are saying. Since there was no intention in what you did then technically you did not wrong. Waheguru knows what is in each person's mind and since you had no knowledge that what you were eating was meat so relax and just put it down to experience :)

GurFateh

Bikramjit

yo bhaji

dont worry about it

now and again little things happen to me

i feel bad for a few days then get over it, do ardas if ur feeling bad

for example once i had a meat pizza at pizza hut buffet (back in my eating-out days).....i was like "urghhhhh this pizza is dirty" and there were chunks of pig stashed under the cheese!

n another time some tiiiny amount kesh came off when i was doing haard martial arts conditioning....u will feel bad for a bit, bt if it wasnt intentional then u havent done that bad

leave this brahmanical type of thinking. Read the story about Guru Nanak and the deer when there was no food to eat and u just ate by mistake and even though if you were eating it regularly in your diet.. I dont think God would hang you by the neck like thos brahmins talk. This is all brahmanical influence in the society. I am myself vegetarian and i might eat meat by pure chatka only during war times, but the way most sikhs are taking meat to the next high-level like those fanatic hindus would go crazy if they even touch meat. So get rid of these karam kandas.

Kya yaar... Itti si baat !!! Live man Live...

Read this again..

leave this brahmanical type of thinking. . I dont think God would hang you by the neck like thos brahmins talk. This is all brahmanical influence in the society. So get rid of these karam kandas.

and more over, this one.. the perfect ans..and would have been my comment/suggestion..

Dont worry much about it. Do you think Rabji stayz only in a Gurudwara or Darbar Sahib? He is omnipresent. So, Itz not a big deal and therez is nothing to seek forgiveness.

Don't worry N30, I've been destined to be reborn as a prawn for years now

haha .. this one is classic.. lol!!! :LOL:

Guest Punjabi Nationalist

did u know that an animal feels little or no pain when it is halalified?

virtually no difference in pain when jhatkaed?

Depends how large the animal is.

Halal is cutting the animals jugular vein and saying a pray over it while the animal bleeds to death.

Jhatka is severing the animals head with a single blow.

Im sure a sheep or cow would feel some pain while bleeding to death, maybe not something small like a chicken tho.

not sure i read in the sggs or by Guru Nanak that muslim meat on which sacred prayers are read , such meat is disapproved in the court of Lord , perhaps this is the reason it is considered a taboo. I will try to find the verse in SGGS and post it.

Guest Punjabi Nationalist

prayers are also recited for jhatka :D

Oh ok. I thought that Jhatka was a non-religious method for animal slaughter which Sikhs adopted from a Rajput tradition.