People on lockdown - learn Gurmukhi!!!

dalsingh101

If you don't know how to already, I seriously advise people to make use of this lockdown and learn Gurmukhi. If you know it already - improve it. 

2 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

If you don't know how to already, I seriously advise people to make use of this lockdown and learn Gurmukhi. If you know it already - improve it. 

This is the best thing i have read today veer ji. I want to start now as i am getting bored of english language lol especially when i see punjabi written stuff vs english is not as nice.

1 hour ago, Soulfinder said:

This is the best thing i have read today veer ji. I want to start now as i am getting bored of english language lol especially when i see punjabi written stuff vs english is not as nice.

Please start asap brother. You know we are here to help you too. 

16 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

you definitely should, it will change your whole perspective.

The more you learn gurmukhi, the more you will see how illogical and unedcuated the way spellings are done for English language, they don't even make full use of the resources of symbols and characters to spell, that's how dumbed down and unintelligible it is!

22 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

yes. maybe we should post resources like smartphone apps and Youtube videos, etc...

Good idea: I knocked this up years ago, but it looks like some of the links have become stubs since.

Maybe we should break down and work through that Panjabi Primer? I've got shyte loads of assignments to do, but maybe we can squeeze that in lesson by lesson? 

The more you learn gurmukhi, the more you will see how illogical and unedcuated the way spellings are done for English language, they don't even make full use of the resources of symbols and characters to spell, that's how dumbed down and unintelligible it is!

It's not only that, if we have another war, or a pandemic out there, the number of people who are literate in Gurmukhi will decrease, we need to keep numbers up in preparation for this.   

14 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

you definitely should, it will change your whole perspective.

100% correct veer ji all the banis in roman english i have seen they have so many mistakes and i have to underline a lot of lines when i use the audio tracks to learn and do the paath of the banis in english.

Its a wreck what they have done especially on the blue sundar gutka app especially with dasam banis which is wrong.

Learning to read in Punjabi will make me feel a hell of alot better especially as dass like mahapurshs jeevan books which is best to be enjoyed in punjabi as a lot of the english translated books don't have the same ras flow compared to hearing it in punjabi the original texts.

All of these new youtube english speakers like Nanak Naam Bhai Satpal Singh make me fall asleep less than a minute as its not a language english i can connect to.

8 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Learning to read in Punjabi will make me feel a hell of alot better especially as dass like mahapurshs jeevan books which is best to be enjoyed in punjabi as a lot of the english translated books don't have the same ras flow compared to hearing it in punjabi the original texts.

All of these new youtube english speakers like Nanak Naam Bhai Satpal Singh make me fall asleep less than a minute as its not a language english i can connect to.

Been putting it off for too long, I must try again. Romanized version of Gurbani sounds different when I compare it to videos of paath on youtube.

16 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

@dalsingh101thanks veer ji for posting the valuable information and i hope it will help me and others who want to learn punjabi.

Go for that first lesson now bhai ji. We are here to help.

The way this course is designed makes it really easy. 

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

Machodiya dally,are you going to teach the negroes that you are going get your female relatives married to punjabi?Maybe while sucking their cocks you can start teaching them.Multitask.

11 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Thanks veer ji for the links and support i do hope i am able to start at start reading and writting punjabi by the summer and hopefully buy a das granthi pothi sahib along with a panj granthi in punjabi.

18 hours ago, Jageera said:

Been putting it off for too long, I must try again. Romanized version of Gurbani sounds different when I compare it to videos of paath on youtube.

Its not even that its roman english is not the true form of gurbani to be read due to the mistakes. I have put it off too long as well now so i am hoping to get back to it soon.

10 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Thanks veer ji for the links and support i do hope i am able to start at start reading and writting punjabi by the summer and hopefully buy a das granthi pothi sahib along with a panj granthi in punjabi.

Let us know how you find that first lesson. Have a pen and some paper ready when you try it. Basically you have to remember about 6 letters and 2 vowels symbols. 8 things. Easy peasy.