Following All Rehatname

18 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Let's discuss in this thread, if it is possible to follow all the codes of conduct (Puratan Rehatname).

Bhul chuk maaf

In a way yes. Following Sarbloh Rehit and also only having food cooked by Amritdhari or yourself. 

But the base Rehit would be ...lacking words...Nihang or non Nihang..followed with Sarbloh Rehit additional. 

1 hour ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

Pls quote the pankti from Rehatnamey. I think it says that noone should call himself a 'Sant' or 'Baba' or a 'Brahmgyani' and always remain a Sikh.

I think 'Bhai' has traditionally been used for all Kirtanis/raagis/parchaaraks when they do Sewa in a Gurudwara. But they don't casually prefix each other's name with 'Bhai'. 

It is from Bhai Chaupa Singh Rehatnama. If Daas gets time, Gurparsaad, will post it.

Bhul chuk maaf

Why are you creating Dubhida again bhai sahib?! Don't you respect the authority of Sri Akal Takht Sahib? When it is clearly given in Panthic  Rehatnama that bhog can be done at Mundawni or Raagmaala then what's the problem? 

The point is, for you or the AKJ, the issue of Sri Raagmala Saab might be trivial, but for some other Samprada, it might be a big issue.

Bhul chuk maaf

Answering the other part, YES they fully believe in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib and Sri Sarbloh Granth sahib. I also have one of their Kirtan recordings in which they sung some verses from Aarti Arta sahib, which were probably from Sri Sarbloh Granth.

NOTE: If I was rude then please forgive me Veerji. Feelings can't be expressed on an online platform.

Thanks for the info bro. It's great that they fully believe in Sri Dasam Gurbani and Sri Sarabloh Gurbani.

Bhul chuk maaf

19 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

I am neutral on this topic of Jhatka and shikaar. Before coming on this forum, I was a staunch supporter of Vegetarianism. But now, I am neutral. Remaining on a safe side, I will never eat jhatka because-

Most likely, AKJ are against Jhatka Maryada, Sukha Maryada and Shikaar. Is that right?

They can choose not to follow these Rehats, but if they say that these Maryadas are Manmat, then we might have some problems.

Bhul chuk maaf

9 hours ago, paapiman said:

Bina shastr kesang narang bhed jano. Gahe kaan tako kitey le sidhano.
Ehe mor agiya suno le piare. Bina Tegh Kesang divo n didare."

It says weapons/shastars but doesn't specifically mention a teer.

8 hours ago, paapiman said:

But you cannot deny that ideally speaking, Kirtan must be done in Raags. If Maharaaj has clearly given us instructions in Sri Aad Gurbani (for so many Shabads), as to which Raags to be used to sing Gurbani, then why not follow the Hukam of Sri Satguru jee?

Yes, it is recommended to do Kirtan in raags. But I don't think any jathebandi is AGAINST non raag Kirtan.

The point is, for you or the AKJ, the issue of Sri Raagmala Saab might be trivial, but for some other Samprada, it might be a big issue.

Bhai sahib please understand this that in such a big Panth, how do you expect everyone to have the same opinions? The apex authority is Sri Akal Takht Sahib only whose hukams, all jathebandis are bound to follow. And AKJ does bhog at mundawni at their own smaagams only. 

It would be great to have Panthic unity, but it won't be possible, if a Jathebandi falsely claims that they follow the full Rehat, while others don't.

Every jathebandi has minor conflicting views. It's just that they believe in a different thing (accepted within Panth). We need to understand this.

One jathebandi believes in one thing while one completely opposes it. Then automatically you would think that this particular jathebandi thinks it follows all Rehat and other's don't. 

Thanks for the info bro. It's great that they fully believe in Sri Dasam Gurbani and Sri Sarabloh Gurbani.

Why did you even doubt it? I may be wrong but from the impression I am getting from your posts, I think you believe gursikhs who don't believe in Raagmala are also against basic fundamentals of Sikhism, just like Dhadri and modern missionaries.

Most likely, AKJ also does not believe in the Puratan tradition of Sampat Paaths.

IMHO, it is not a big issue, if they don't do them (Sampat Paaths), but if any of their scholars calls Sampat Paath as Manmat, then that is pretty bad

Don't know if AKJ believes it as a  puraatan tradition or not. 

Yes, every jathebandi should respect each other. But if you think deeply...

According to Taksaal,Nanaksar etc if one doesn't believe in Ragmaala, then this means rejecting guru sahib's bani which is a great Paap. According to AKJ, jhatka is also bajjar qurehit which means according to them, it is Manmat.

So, if you see for every jathebandi, the Rehat followed by other jathebandis is NOT perfect. But this doesn't imply they don't respect each other.

Every jathebandi in the Panth respects each other views as long as they are accepted within panth.

Most likely, AKJ are against Jhatka Maryada, Sukha Maryada and Shikaar. Is that right?

They can choose not to follow these Rehats, but if they say that these Maryadas are Manmat, then we might have some problems

Ask Taksal and Nanaksar also if sukha is gurmat or not. Most probably they will label it as Manmat only. 

However, they do respect the views of Singhs who practice this Maryada. It's about respect,isn't it? 

You cannot deny that some practices labeled as Manmat by taksaal are followed by other jathebandis and same is the case with Nanaksar and AKJ. 

These differences are bound to happen. But this doesn't mean Taksaal,AKJ, Nanaksar consider themselves as jathebandis who keep original and full Rehat and look down upon others.

You cannot expect every jathebandi to agree with all the Rehats and practices of another one. 

Do we even have a Rehatnama, which clearly forbids all meat?

In Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji hukamnaama, it mentions 'Maas Machhi' not particularly jhatka or halal. And same is the case with most of the other Rehatnamey.

Again, let's leave these jathebandi differences here only and talk about the reason why this thread was created- can you follow all Rehatnamey? 

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh 

15 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

Yes, it is recommended to do Kirtan in raags. But I don't think any jathebandi is AGAINST non raag Kirtan.

The point is that a Jathebandi can do Kirtan in the Raags(as specified in Gurbani) and can possibly claim that the other Jathebandis (who don't do Kirtan in Raags) are not following the Hukam of Sri Satguru jee.

Hope you get the point.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 6/15/2021 at 1:37 PM, Trimandeep Singh said:

The apex authority is Sri Akal Takht Sahib only whose hukams, all jathebandis are bound to follow. And AKJ does bhog at mundawni at their own smaagams only. 

JFYI, Sri Akal Takht saab is the apex authority, but there are four other Takhts in the Khalsa Panth too. There are also differences in the maryadas, at the different Takhts.

For examples,

Jhatka is done at Sri Hajoor saab and Sri Patna saab. It used to be done at Sri Akaal Takht saab in the past too.

Bhog of Sukha takes place at Sri Hajoor saab.

Shaster Pooja is probably also done at Sri Hajoor saab.

There might be more differences.

We, as Sikhs, must respect the maryadas of all the Takhts.

Bhul chuk maaf

9 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

According to Taksaal,Nanaksar etc if one doesn't believe in Ragmaala, then this means rejecting guru sahib's bani which is a great Paap. According to AKJ, jhatka is also bajjar qurehit which means according to them, it is Manmat.

So, if you see for every jathebandi, the Rehat followed by other jathebandis is NOT perfect. But this doesn't imply they don't respect each other.

Every jathebandi in the Panth respects each other views as long as they are accepted within panth.

The main point here is that no Jathebandi should falsely claim that they are following the full Rehat.

There might be a Jathebandi out there, which does follow the full Rehat or most of it, but as you can see (from this thread) that it seems that the Gurmat Bibek team does not follow the full Rehat.

Bhul chuk maaf

15 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

Again, let's leave these jathebandi differences here only and talk about the reason why this thread was created- can you follow all Rehatnamey? 

Jathebandi differences will come into this discussion because a Jathebandi can say that they are following an injunction in a Rehatnama, but the very same injunction could be a Kurehat for another Jathebandi.

Like for example, there is a Rehatnama which clearly states that a Singh can consume Opium (Afeem) and Marijuana (Bhang).

Please listen to Gyani Inderjit Singh jee Raqbewale. He quotes a verse from a Rehatnama in the audio clip below.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Puratan Singhs taking Sukha (podbean.com)

Bhul chuk maaf