Focusing on Gurbani

I can’t keep on focusing on gurbani while doing Path I don’t know why but I want to know how I can focus on gurbani. I focus for a bit but then I start thinking about something else and I forget to do focus on gurbani 

1 hour ago, loveskirtanboy said:

I can’t keep on focusing on gurbani while doing Path I don’t know why but I want to know how I can focus on gurbani. I focus for a bit but then I start thinking about something else and I forget to do us on gurbani 

Which Gurbani? Have you listened to the Katha of the Gurbani, which you read?

Do you take a cold shower before reading Gurbani?

Bhul chuk maaf

I can’t keep on focusing on gurbani while doing Path I don’t know why but I want to know how I can focus on gurbani. I focus for a bit but then I start thinking about something else and I forget to do us on gurbani 

Do you do Ardas before reading Gurbani?

Are you Amritdhari?

Do you have face similar problems (focus issues) in other areas of your life? 

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

Which Gurbani? Have you listened to the Katha of the Gurbani, which you read?

Do you take a cold shower before reading Gurbani?

Bhul chuk maaf

I can focus on the 5 banis in the morning but it is Sehaj Path that I struggle with. And no I am not Amrithdhari. And no I don’t but do ardas before doing any bani because I didn’t know until you just told me (please tell me what to say in the ardas) thanks 

25 minutes ago, loveskirtanboy said:

And no I don’t but do ardas before doing any bani because I didn’t know until you just told me (please tell me what to say in the ardas) thanks 

You can read a Shalok before reading Gurbani.

Gurparsaad, Daas will post the katha related to that Shalok.

Bhul chuk maaf

3 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Have you heard the Katha of Sri Aad Gurbani? 

Yes but it is my first time doing Sehaj Path so I thought just do it but I do read the translation afterwards 

5 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Have you received its Santheya?

No I have asked my local Gurdwara but they said they are not doing it yet

Yes but it is my first time doing Sehaj Path so I thought just do it but I do read the translation afterwards 

You might enjoy the Sehaj Paath more, if you know the meanings of Gurbani.

IMHO, listen to the Larivaar Katha of Gurbani first and then you can do the Sehaj Paath.

Another possible option is to listen to Larivaar Katha of one Raag, then do Paath of that Raag and then move to the next Raag.

Bhul chuk maaf

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 4:58 AM, loveskirtanboy said:

I can’t keep on focusing on gurbani while doing Path I don’t know why but I want to know how I can focus on gurbani. I focus for a bit but then I start thinking about something else and I forget to do focus on gurbani 

JE BANI PADI DA JYADA FAL LENA HAI TAN IS TARH PADO | GURU SAHIB JI NE AAP DARSHAN DEKE EH GAL DASI - YouTube

KOI VI PAATH KARN TON PEHLA EH SALOK ZAROOR PADEYA KARO | BACHAN GURU ARJAN DEV JI | SARBLOH RECORDS - YouTube

@Soulfinder

Bhuk chuk maaf

On 7/26/2021 at 2:58 AM, loveskirtanboy said:

This may help: 

Mann nahi tikda te paathh na karaan?? 

Paath karo taaki mann tikke. 

Focus and concentration are the fruits of doing Gurbani n jaap. The Results! You can't have results before you study or appear for exams. 

Keep karam kaands aside as Guru Nanak Dev ji taught. Your regular one time bath with water suitable to your body and the weather is okay too. Ardas should be a prayer with love - may or may not have specific words. 

Thoughts does bother each of us, so that's human! Bring your mann back to track everytime you realise it's wandering - all bani of Anand sahib keeps on calling mann - eh mann mereya:  eh mann pyareya etc. Mann nu control karna is the ultimate goal n it's not a one day game. It's a lifelong rather lives - long struggle

All the best