Is chaupai sahib hymn present in other paths like sukhmani sahib??

7 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

@AnthonyHave you read Dasam Granth?

It's pretty bold to come school actual Sikhs on Sikhi bro, if your understanding is superficial. 

What religion or Dharam do you practice?

Fair warning bro. We get trolled here and there are already inconsitencies in your post.

But if you're real, go ahead and converse beyond your op. 

It's been my experience, when you go into the full time Naam business that you need the entirety of Gurbani to support the practice of Naam and fulfill our duty to 1, Akal Purakh Vaheguru Ji. 

If it was as simple as you make it, why have you not reached Sachakand?

Maybe inform your Naam practice with Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Dasam Granth, Sarbloh Granth, Vaaran Bhai Gurdas Ji, who was commisioned by the Guru to write additional material, which was validated and approved. How can the Nehkalank Avtar in the form of Guru Sahiban be qualified to give you Naam but not the instructions?

And we capitalize Sikh here. 

And again. Your post is inconsistent. 

If what you are saying was right, why read Guru Granth Sahib Ji past the point where you get told Naam is the Panacea? Why take Hukamnama? Why is there Nitnem Bani? 

You didn't mention Ameit Vela. 

Thank you so much brother GurjantGnostic for your kind replies.

About your queries ... I have to say that though I do come from a christian background, but as I grown up into a matured person, and my interaction with multicultural people, my view on religions and spirituality widened a lot and made me a better person, I learnt all the good points in them after going throughly, and I have to say, that it was sikhee which appealed me much much more than anything else, as I foud in it a lot of logic which was missing in other dharams, I found that it was something alike which I had been looking for deep in my mind.

I just get sentiments of bliss when I go through SGGS, and see the true wisdom in it regarding spirituality, that´s it.

And about inconsistencies in my post, i am not going to talk much, for all is relative as per one´s backgrounds and influences from our surroundings. So you see inconsistencies in my post, but me too I see inconsistencies when I read the Bani and see what  people do, so better let´s be fair and just,  and leave it here, for we are not going to agree, so need to force anyone, respect is the key.

About me reaching sach Khand as you asked.... well I have to say, to reach therer is my goal in life, this is impossible all by myself (heavy sinner) alone,  but as per the Bani, I am looking for the GURU within who can guide me and take me in His arms back Home .

Spirituality by itself as per Gurbani is very very simple, most beautiful, and a perfect path to reach Home without failures, and if there are any failures, I would say, it is all our fault for not following implicitly what the Guru tells us in SGGS.

Thanks to SGGS, I do not believe in many paths nor any outer obligatory rules or regulations.

To meet Him, one only needs to be good and do good to all withouth any distinction and hold on to His sacred Name faithfully  which is the boat to be ferried across.

Sorry friend, I may sound arrogant, but believe me, it would not be any truth, for if anything I want, it is to go further in my search of the Truth but with the solid base of the Bani.

All the Granths you mentioned have my salute, but yet the Truth is One, a verse which I most love of the First Guru who in the starting of the SGGS said, Ik Oankar Satnam Gurparsad Jap, where the method and the instructions of realizing Him are clearly described in a simple manner for all the folks in the world.

Yet everyone is free to do as  wishes  as per own mental frames.

Thanking you all so much with your replies.

3 hours ago, Anthony said:

Thank you so much brother GurjantGnostic for your kind replies.

About your queries ... I have to say that though I do come from a christian background, but as I grown up into a matured person, and my interaction with multicultural people, my view on religions and spirituality widened a lot and made me a better person, I learnt all the good points in them after going throughly, and I have to say, that it was sikhee which appealed me much much more than anything else, as I foud in it a lot of logic which was missing in other dharams, I found that it was something alike which I had been looking for deep in my mind.

I just get sentiments of bliss when I go through SGGS, and see the true wisdom in it regarding spirituality, that´s it.

And about inconsistencies in my post, i am not going to talk much, for all is relative as per one´s backgrounds and influences from our surroundings. So you see inconsistencies in my post, but me too I see inconsistencies when I read the Bani and see what  people do, so better let´s be fair and just,  and leave it here, for we are not going to agree, so need to force anyone, respect is the key.

About me reaching sach Khand as you asked.... well I have to say, to reach therer is my goal in life, this is impossible all by myself (heavy sinner) alone,  but as per the Bani, I am looking for the GURU within who can guide me and take me in His arms back Home .

Spirituality by itself as per Gurbani is very very simple, most beautiful, and a perfect path to reach Home without failures, and if there are any failures, I would say, it is all our fault for not following implicitly what the Guru tells us in SGGS.

Thanks to SGGS, I do not believe in many paths nor any outer obligatory rules or regulations.

To meet Him, one only needs to be good and do good to all withouth any distinction and hold on to His sacred Name faithfully  which is the boat to be ferried across.

Sorry friend, I may sound arrogant, but believe me, it would not be any truth, for if anything I want, it is to go further in my search of the Truth but with the solid base of the Bani.

All the Granths you mentioned have my salute, but yet the Truth is One, a verse which I most love of the First Guru who in the starting of the SGGS said, Ik Oankar Satnam Gurparsad Jap, where the method and the instructions of realizing Him are clearly described in a simple manner for all the folks in the world.

Yet everyone is free to do as  wishes  as per own mental frames.

Thanking you all so much with your replies.

Alright. What's your understanding of Miri and Piri?

6 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Alright. What's your understanding of Miri and Piri?

Well I must admit that I do not know much of sikh culture other than what is said by the Guru in SGGS only, so if you are examing me in that sense, I am a failure, so I have no idea what Miri Piri is reffered, cause as I  said, for me only the SGGS is a valid authority to be followed if only I am wanting the reunification of my soul with the Creator .

I do not pretend to convert myself  or change my way of life,  or  even my outer apearance to embrace sikhee, for as far as I know, that Truth, that God, is not at all concerned by my appearances, but how much I am,  or have  become truthful, by practicing the Truth of His Name in meditation.

Every other thing made of the 5 elements, is perishable, even this body of which we are proud of, but in the end will be left behind with all our ornaments and coverings.

If anything will go with us hereafter, is our mind, our actions or karmas and above all our truthful practice of His Name.

And this gathered spiritual wealth of His Name as it is said, no fire can burn it, no water can drown it and no theif can steal it, not even the Lord of Death nor his messengers do come near such a noble soul.

You see, it is because of this unlimited spiritual wealth contained in the SGGS which made me more setteled mindwise, for at last I found the truths I was looking for, and nobody had the satisfactory answers to give me, so, if anyway I am thankful to my sikh friends, it is that I was brought by graet good luck to the fountain of spirituallity which is none other than the SGGS.

And regarding your question of what is my understanding of Miri and Piri, I would say that, the concept of "Miri Piri" was highlighted by the sixth Sikh Guru, Guru Hargobind Ji when he was throned Guru on 11 June, 1606.

At the Guruship (succession) ceremony, the Guru asked for two kirpans to be donned on him; one to symbolize the concept of Miri or temporal authority and the second to symbolize the concept of Piri or spiritual authority. The wearing of two swords was a departure from the previous Guruship tradition when only the "salli" (for spiritual power) was worn by the preceding Gurus.

So according to what is mentioned above, is more or less similar what I understand for us as human beings, is that we can also have the symbol of  Miri, as a reminder for our intercation with the world or others, that we have to be fair and respectful to all, without hurting with words or actions due to our vices such as ego or pride.

And then the symbol of Piri, for us is a reminder that while fulfilling our worldly duties, we also have a spiritual duty towrds our heavenly Father, the one of constantly repeating His Name at all times, walking, working, eating, drinking, driving, waiting, sitting, etc in order to gather that spiritual wealth as much as possible which is free of cost and which after our departure from this world, will grant us salvation  by His grace at all times.

Brother, you may have a different respectful opinion, but as you have asked mine, so I have answered you.

Thank you, for kindly taking your time for communicating with me and with your answers giving me the chance to know more of the sikh culture, as it is said, learning has no limits.

22 hours ago, Anthony said:

Brahm Kavach is a pure Bir Ras bani, I'm pretty sure, so it is not as useful for a regular Sikh as most Sikhs arent about to go into battle.

Even so, reading Dasam bani is essential for even non-combatant Sikhs, because that way they will understand what some of their warrior brethren are doing. 

19 minutes ago, Anthony said:

And then the symbol of Piri, for us is a reminder that while fulfilling our worldly duties, we also have a spiritual duty towrds our heavenly Father, the one of constantly repeating His Name at all times, walking, working, eating, drinking, driving, waiting, sitting, etc in order to gather that spiritual wealth as much as possible which is free of cost and which after our departure from this world, will grant us salvation  by His grace at all times.

Sikhi elucidates a formless (nirakaar) creator (kartaar), that isn't anthromorphically confined to gender.

In SGGS ji we read "Tum maat pita, hum barakh teray" - You are the mother/father I am your child.

And please, we can see that you know how to use capitalisation in the quote above, please extend this courtesy towards Sikhi or Sikhee.  

41 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Well I must admit that I do not know much of sikh culture other than what is said by the Guru in SGGS only, so if you are examing me in that sense, I am a failure, so I have no idea what Miri Piri is reffered, cause as I  said, for me only the SGGS is a valid authority to be followed if only I am wanting the reunification of my soul with the Creator .

I do not pretend to convert myself  or change my way of life,  or  even my outer apearance to embrace sikhee, for as far as I know, that Truth, that God, is not at all concerned by my appearances, but how much I am,  or have  become truthful, by practicing the Truth of His Name in meditation.

Every other thing made of the 5 elements, is perishable, even this body of which we are proud of, but in the end will be left behind with all our ornaments and coverings.

If anything will go with us hereafter, is our mind, our actions or karmas and above all our truthful practice of His Name.

And this gathered spiritual wealth of His Name as it is said, no fire can burn it, no water can drown it and no theif can steal it, not even the Lord of Death nor his messengers do come near such a noble soul.

You see, it is because of this unlimited spiritual wealth contained in the SGGS which made me more setteled mindwise, for at last I found the truths I was looking for, and nobody had the satisfactory answers to give me, so, if anyway I am thankful to my sikh friends, it is that I was brought by graet good luck to the fountain of spirituallity which is none other than the SGGS.

And regarding your question of what is my understanding of Miri and Piri, I would say that, the concept of "Miri Piri" was highlighted by the sixth Sikh Guru, Guru Hargobind Ji when he was throned Guru on 11 June, 1606.

At the Guruship (succession) ceremony, the Guru asked for two kirpans to be donned on him; one to symbolize the concept of Miri or temporal authority and the second to symbolize the concept of Piri or spiritual authority. The wearing of two swords was a departure from the previous Guruship tradition when only the "salli" (for spiritual power) was worn by the preceding Gurus.

So according to what is mentioned above, is more or less similar what I understand for us as human beings, is that we can also have the symbol of  Miri, as a reminder for our intercation with the world or others, that we have to be fair and respectful to all, without hurting with words or actions due to our vices such as ego or pride.

Brother, you may have a different respectful opinion, but as you have asked mine, so I have answered you.

Thank you, for kindly taking your time for communicating with me and with your answers giving me the chance to know more of the sikh culture, as it is said, learning has no limits.

So you want to fly home right bro? 

Miri Piri was always a part of Sikhi. From the beginning. 

Here's the problem with the narrative that only Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the Guru, or only Guru Nanak Dev Ji is the Guru. Guru Nanak Dev Ji conferred the Guruship through 12 of his forms. 

Guru Nanak Dev Ji did that quite publically. While he introduced some of Shabad Guru, he also revealed other parts of Shabad Guru as his other forms. So the Guru Granth Sahib Ji is composed from the Gurbani of Nehkalank in several forms as well as Bhagat Bani which is approved by Satguru as existing in Sachakand due to it's total Truth. 

And the Guru Granth Sahib Ji received the Gurgradi from Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaja. 

So one must continue to trace the limbs, the light of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, through all the Guru Sahiban and the Shabad Guru, Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

So if you accept Guru Nanak Dev Ji, and accept Guru Granth Sahib Ji you must accept all the Guru Sahiban and their Gurbani. 

So if you have two wings and wish to fly, and one is Miri and the other is Piri, you cannot tend to your iwn well being through Naam Simran alone. 

You have a moral responsibility in this world. Made very clear by the Guru Sahiban who is Shabad Guru. And in our requirments as Sant Sipai, living Grishti Jeevan in Kalyug. 

In order to be able to have a clear understanding of these responsibilities, how to discipline and protect one's self, what time it is, how the world and Maya operate, etc, to know True history and prepare for Dharam Yudh, and obtain the necessary Bir Ras for Sanjog one must consult all Gurbani, Vaaran, and Ithias.

And so if one is to achieve that Mukte you wish, one must accept all twelve forms of Shabad Guru.

Where do you congregrate, who's teaching you this?

Because while you may very well in naivity have stumbled into a pit, it is a pit inhabited by snakes who wish to erode the Sikh identity, destroy the Nirmal Paanth, Khalsa Paanth. 

You will of course get immense benefit from Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and Naam Simran but you will not merge with the Truth unless you also become a warrior for Truth. And for that you need all the faces of Guru Sahiban and all his Gurbani. 

On 12/8/2021 at 8:51 PM, Anthony said:

repating His holy Name in meditation found almost in all ANGS of SGGS, rather people are told to do so many thousands of times the repetition of this or that Banis,

Gurbani is Naam. When someone is repeating a particular Gurbani over and over again, he/she is repeating the Holy Name.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 12/13/2021 at 10:40 PM, paapiman said:

Gurbani is Naam. When someone is repeating a particular Gurbani over and over again, he/she is repeating the Holy Name.

Bhul chuk maaf

Hi friend paapiman,

I have been seeing your posts for a while and though you are a popular contributor here, but I am sorry to disagree with you here.

First of all, please bear no grudges nor be short tempered, for nobody wants to be down,  so if my post hurts you in any way please acept my apologizes, my only intention is to just clear some notions which people tend to mix up. 

Mostly it is not their fault, for that is how they have been taught, that is what they have seen and heard since they were born in their surroundings, that atmosphere.

It is just normal to follow some customs and respect them. There is no harm in it. But the thing is, we should not get that much deep into it, that we may stop seeing our only goal of life :

Waheguru Akal Purukh.

We already have so many chains upon us, just as : zaat, paat, gender, dharam, nationalities, social class, political tendencies, etc etc etc.

Guru Sahiban came here to remove all those chains from us, and make us aware of true naked spiritual reality of the Light of that Supreme true Lord Satnam.

They knew, that we human donkeys will fall down and repeat our mistakes again and again, that is why they left SGGS to guide us and dispel the darkness of our fat ignorance.

But the thing is, we just bow to the GURU and repeat what IT tells us to do again and again, but, without we doing what the GURU tells us to do in IT.

The teachings of the GURU Sahiban are free and  universal, for all beings, but what we have done is, we have created many fences around it, taking it as our copyright, giving it a form, a face with a different identity, thus we see it from far and fail to see the Truth contained in it.

We are more concerned about the jewel box, than the JEWEL itself, thus we remain spiritually paupers and more engrossed in ignornace, then all the wars, hatred and disputes start, for we think only we are right and all else are wrong, that s not only in Sikhism, but as well with the muslims, hindus or christians ....

The teachings of the GURU SGGS are pure, simple and valid for all of the humanity of all places and times without any limitations, for they are not meant to divide anyone, rather be helpful and respectful to all, and while leading a pure moral life, to meditate on Him through His holy Name to get the salvation.

What more clarity can one want? 

Such wisdom. Such grace. Such blessings from the GURU. 

Though we may try to sing their praises 24/7, then too we shall always remain short, for  we can never ever repay their love and blessings upon us.

Gurbani says: 

ਉਤਪਤਿ ਪਰਲਉ ਸਬਦੇ ਹੋਵੈ ॥

Outhapath Paralo Sabadhae Hovai ||

Creation and destruction happen through the Word of the Shabad.

ਸਬਦੇ ਹੀ ਫਿਰਿ ਓਪਤਿ ਹੋਵੈ ॥

Sabadhae Hee Fir Oupath Hovai ||

Through the Shabad, creation happens again.

So you see, this Shabad as a creative power or God, of which SGGS talks about, is not something which can be written or read in any language.  it is the unspoken Law, the unwiritten language, for no written words can ever create anything, then what to say about the Infinite Craetion at all levels.

This Shabad or Nam, is the life giver, the sustainer, of all that exists, whether seen or unseen, it is all pervading, it is omniscient and it is omnipotent, without the help or support from anyone. It is all by Itself

The moment this Power wants to withdraw Itself from somewhere, death and dissolution takes place.

The main characteristics of this Shabad or Nam , is that It is all Light or Jot and ever reverberating celestial melodies, thus it is formless, gender less, and in His court there is no discrimination such as that of cast, paat, social status, dharams, mazabs, cities, countries, customs, sidings, attires, coverings, dresses, makeups ....etc etc ... etc  These are al chaind which human beings have created and put around their necks, which makes them blind and petty minded for this useless weight on their heads, which they proudly carry and because of this they miss their goal of salvation which is none other than Waheguru, that too no matter how much people may profess their love and devotion for that their mental created image of what or how they think the Lord looks like. 

That Lord which is formless, colourless, shapeless, without any attires, how can He be seen with all our limitations, our sins, our ego, our ignorance, our greed.... Then too if we do not follow the instructions of the Guru, how can we realize Him?

According to our current state, we do not only want the GURU, but this, that and that too, we have created more and more divisions by us  upon us, thus have got farther and farther from HIM.

That too the GURU alone should be sufficient for us, for He is all wisdom. He is the Sun Light, and all other beings are daytime stars  up there, just no comaprison.

Gurbani tells us clearly:

the GURU is my devotion, the Guru is the sustainer(Gobind) of all the creation, the GURU is my trascendental Lord, the GURU is my God (Bhagwant).

We all know the Lord God is all powerful, and in its company we need nobody else, for from it we shall receive the perfect light(gyan), the pure budh/intellect and all protection.  Nobody dares to come even near that sikh of the GURU, what to say about jam doots or Kal himself.

It is ok to know our history, our culture, our customs, and be helpful, but, to get caught in its wires to the extent that we mix the pure spirituality with politics and worldly ties, which in His eyes have no value, no matter how much value it may have in the eyes of the people around us. The thing is we must bear in mind we are spiritual beings going through worldly or mayavee experiences, and not otherwise.

For the day we reach in His darbar, all those heroic people in our eyes, as well those of our culture or communities shall not be there, they maybe somewher paying off their karmas, or getting the fruits of their noble karmas but not definetey in Sach Khand.  Forget all othes, but not even our bodies will go hereafter. 

The second Nanak tells us that, to have access in His court, we have to see without eyes, hear withot ears, walk without feet ..... So if all these limbs of bodies are useless there for they are left behind, then what to say about our false, temporary and perishable identities we have created about ourselves whilst out stay here.

Ther are no Identity cards or passports, with our names, adressess or nationalities. Hereafter we shall be judged only, for our karmas in which we have voluntarily incurred and will for sure have to pay for.

In His eyes, He sees only souls, who carry His Jot or Light, and sees how much of dirt/sins we carry upon us by not using the soap of His name and have us cleaned throughly.

Just as any soap washes away the dirt of whosoever uses it, but the thing is to use to, that is important, for the soap does not see who is using it, its job is to clean and polish whosoever rubs it on its body.

Similarly, with His Holy Name is the same,  we just need to rub it on ourselves, for that we do not  have to be learned, well versed, be rich, be a sikh, a muslim a hindu or a christian, anybody who uses it, gets cleansed throughly. For it is the body who uses it who gets cleansed.

In a similar way, whichsoever soul meditates on His holy Name, gets its mind purified, and when the mind is purified, that soul regains its original splendour, and gets attarcted to the Shabad of Nam within, like the force of a bullet shot from a gun. Nobody can stop that bulllet to reach its destination, so is with the soul towards Sach Khand.

Sre Guru Nanak Dev, revealing us the summary of whole spirituality  in simplicity and clarity without any ditsracting volumes of discussions or debates, right from the very begining of the Gurbani say:

Ik Oankar Satnam Satgur parsad Jap .

Which means, there is only one creator Lord, who is the Truth of Nam, and who is realized by meditative chanting of His Name. As simple as that. 

The Guru throughout the SGGS, emphasizses this devoted  practice.

*Saas saas simroh Gobind .

* Aisee mat deejay Thakur, sadaah sadaah tudhay dheaave

Moreover:

ਮਿਲੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਅਪਨਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਦੇਹੁ ॥

Mil Maerae Gobindh Apanaa Naam Dhaehu ||

Meet me, O my Lord of the Universe. Please bless me with Your Name

ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਜੋ ਪਹਿਰੈ ਖਾਇ ॥

Naam Binaa Jo Pehirai Khaae ||

Without the Naam, one who dresses and eats well

ਜਿਉ ਕੂਕਰੁ ਜੂਠਨ ਮਹਿ ਪਾਇ ॥੧॥

Jio Kookar Joothan Mehi Paae ||1||

Is like a dog, who falls in and eats impure foods.

ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਜੇਤਾ ਬਿਉਹਾਰੁ ॥

Naam Binaa Jaethaa Biouhaar ||

Without the Naam, all occupations are useless,

ਜਿਉ ਮਿਰਤਕ ਮਿਥਿਆ ਸੀਗਾਰੁ ॥੨॥

Jio Mirathak Mithhiaa Seegaar ||2||

Like decorations on a dead body. ||2

ਸੁਖੁ ਸੁਪਨੈ ਨਹੀ ਤਨ ਮਹਿ ਰੋਗ ॥੩॥

Sukh Supanai Nehee Than Mehi Rog ||3||

Shall find no peace, even in dreams; his body shall become diseased

ਨਾਮੁ ਤਿਆਗਿ ਕਰੇ ਅਨ ਕਾਜ ॥

Naam Thiaag Karae An Kaaj ||

One who renounces the Naam and engages in other occupations,

ਨਾਮ ਸੰਗਿ ਮਨਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਨ ਲਾਵੈ ॥

Naam Sang Man Preeth N Laavai ||

One whose mind does not embrace love for the Naam

ਕੋਟਿ ਕਰਮ ਕਰਤੋ ਨਰਕਿ ਜਾਵੈ ॥੫॥

Kott Karam Karatho Narak Jaavai ||5||

Shall go to hell, even though he may perform millions of ceremonial rituals.

ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਮਨਿ ਨ ਆਰਾਧਾ ॥

Har Kaa Naam Jin Man N Aaraadhhaa ||

One whose mind does not contemplate the Name of the Lord

ਚੋਰ ਕੀ ਨਿਆਈ ਜਮ ਪੁਰਿ ਬਾਧਾ ॥੬॥

Chor Kee Niaaee Jam Pur Baadhhaa ||6||

Is bound like a thief, in the City of Death. ||6||

So you see bro, it is not me nor any baba singing the infinite glory of His Name an its supreme importance in the Bani, but the GURU Himself.

And if  He emphasizes us to devote ourselves through this practice, who can defy His Hukum? No matter how much important in the eyes of the people that person could be.

Only those words of people should be paid attention, who go in accordance with the teachings in the Gurbani, without any additions or edititings, or manipulative explanations, but as natural and as simple in the Bani.

That is how  we can express ourselves being respectful and grateful to the Guru or Guru Sahiban.

My only humble advice to whosoever wants, is to go through the Bani with love and devotion, trying to pay attention what the Guru is telling us to do, and then put those teachings into practice.

We have to learn to understand what the Bani tells us about that ultimate Truth of Nam or Shabad, in order to do that onlywhat the GURU tells us to do.

It is even fine if it is difficult to change ourselves in our spiritual practices done since we were born, but at least give some time to manifest that Nam withing us, by repeating in a meditaive state, so that when we go from this world, may the jam doots or Kal do not say, lets take this soul with us, for it has not gathered the wealth of Nam as descrfibed by the Guru in their teachings in the Bani.

The GURU is the personified embodiment of that Truth of Nam or Shabad, that is why He only sings incessantly the praises of Nam and nothing else.

The choice is still ours.... good luck to all .

8 hours ago, Anthony said:

Hi friend paapiman,

I have been seeing your posts for a while and though you are a popular contributor here, but I am sorry to disagree with you here.

First of all, please bear no grudges nor be short tempered, for nobody wants to be down,  so if my post hurts you in any way please acept my apologizes, my only intention is to just clear some notions which people tend to mix up. 

Mostly it is not their fault, for that is how they have been taught, that is what they have seen and heard since they were born in their surroundings, that atmosphere.

It is just normal to follow some customs and respect them. There is no harm in it. But the thing is, we should not get that much deep into it, that we may stop seeing our only goal of life :

Waheguru Akal Purukh.

We already have so many chains upon us, just as : zaat, paat, gender, dharam, nationalities, social class, political tendencies, etc etc etc.

Guru Sahiban came here to remove all those chains from us, and make us aware of true naked spiritual reality of the Light of that Supreme true Lord Satnam.

They knew, that we human donkeys will fall down and repeat our mistakes again and again, that is why they left SGGS to guide us and dispel the darkness of our fat ignorance.

But the thing is, we just bow to the GURU and repeat what IT tells us to do again and again, but, without we doing what the GURU tells us to do in IT.

The teachings of the GURU Sahiban are free and  universal, for all beings, but what we have done is, we have created many fences around it, taking it as our copyright, giving it a form, a face with a different identity, thus we see it from far and fail to see the Truth contained in it.

We are more concerned about the jewel box, than the JEWEL itself, thus we remain spiritually paupers and more engrossed in ignornace, then all the wars, hatred and disputes start, for we think only we are right and all else are wrong, that s not only in Sikhism, but as well with the muslims, hindus or christians ....

The teachings of the GURU SGGS are pure, simple and valid for all of the humanity of all places and times without any limitations, for they are not meant to divide anyone, rather be helpful and respectful to all, and while leading a pure moral life, to meditate on Him through His holy Name to get the salvation.

Though we may try to sing their praises 24/7, then too we shall always remain short, for  we can never ever repay their love and blessings upon us.

Gurbani says: 

ਉਤਪਤਿ ਪਰਲਉ ਸਬਦੇ ਹੋਵੈ ॥

ਸਬਦੇ ਹੀ ਫਿਰਿ ਓਪਤਿ ਹੋਵੈ ॥

So you see, this Shabad as a creative power or God, of which SGGS talks about, is not something which can be written or read in any language.  it is the unspoken Law, the unwiritten language, for no written words can ever create anything, then what to say about the Infinite Craetion at all levels.

This Shabad or Nam, is the life giver, the sustainer, of all that exists, whether seen or unseen, it is all pervading, it is omniscient and it is omnipotent, without the help or support from anyone. It is all by Itself

The moment this Power wants to withdraw Itself from somewhere, death and dissolution takes place.

The main characteristics of this Shabad or Nam , is that It is all Light or Jot and ever reverberating celestial melodies, thus it is formless, gender less, and in His court there is no discrimination such as that of cast, paat, social status, dharams, mazabs, cities, countries, customs, sidings, attires, coverings, dresses, makeups ....etc etc ... etc  These are al chaind which human beings have created and put around their necks, which makes them blind and petty minded for this useless weight on their heads, which they proudly carry and because of this they miss their goal of salvation which is none other than Waheguru, that too no matter how much people may profess their love and devotion for that their mental created image of what or how they think the Lord looks like. 

That Lord which is formless, colourless, shapeless, without any attires, how can He be seen with all our limitations, our sins, our ego, our ignorance, our greed.... Then too if we do not follow the instructions of the Guru, how can we realize Him?

According to our current state, we do not only want the GURU, but this, that and that too, we have created more and more divisions by us  upon us, thus have got farther and farther from HIM.

That too the GURU alone should be sufficient for us, for He is all wisdom. He is the Sun Light, and all other beings are daytime stars  up there, just no comaprison.

the GURU is my devotion, the Guru is the sustainer(Gobind) of all the creation, the GURU is my trascendental Lord, the GURU is my God (Bhagwant).

We all know the Lord God is all powerful, and in its company we need nobody else, for from it we shall receive the perfect light(gyan), the pure budh/intellect and all protection.  Nobody dares to come even near that sikh of the GURU, what to say about jam doots or Kal himself.

It is ok to know our history, our culture, our customs, and be helpful, but, to get caught in its wires to the extent that we mix the pure spirituality with politics and worldly ties, which in His eyes have no value, no matter how much value it may have in the eyes of the people around us. The thing is we must bear in mind we are spiritual beings going through worldly or mayavee experiences, and not otherwise.

For the day we reach in His darbar, all those heroic people in our eyes, as well those of our culture or communities shall not be there, they maybe somewher paying off their karmas, or getting the fruits of their noble karmas but not definetey in Sach Khand.  Forget all othes, but not even our bodies will go hereafter. 

The second Nanak tells us that, to have access in His court, we have to see without eyes, hear withot ears, walk without feet ..... So if all these limbs of bodies are useless there for they are left behind, then what to say about our false, temporary and perishable identities we have created about ourselves whilst out stay here.

Ther are no Identity cards or passports, with our names, adressess or nationalities. Hereafter we shall be judged only, for our karmas in which we have voluntarily incurred and will for sure have to pay for.

In His eyes, He sees only souls, who carry His Jot or Light, and sees how much of dirt/sins we carry upon us by not using the soap of His name and have us cleaned throughly.

Just as any soap washes away the dirt of whosoever uses it, but the thing is to use to, that is important, for the soap does not see who is using it, its job is to clean and polish whosoever rubs it on its body.

Similarly, with His Holy Name is the same,  we just need to rub it on ourselves, for that we do not  have to be learned, well versed, be rich, be a sikh, a muslim a hindu or a christian, anybody who uses it, gets cleansed throughly. For it is the body who uses it who gets cleansed.

In a similar way, whichsoever soul meditates on His holy Name, gets its mind purified, and when the mind is purified, that soul regains its original splendour, and gets attarcted to the Shabad of Nam within, like the force of a bullet shot from a gun. Nobody can stop that bulllet to reach its destination, so is with the soul towards Sach Khand.

Sre Guru Nanak Dev, revealing us the summary of whole spirituality  in simplicity and clarity without any ditsracting volumes of discussions or debates, right from the very begining of the Gurbani say:

Which means, there is only one creator Lord, who is the Truth of Nam, and who is realized by meditative chanting of His Name. As simple as that. 

Moreover:

ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਜੋ ਪਹਿਰੈ ਖਾਇ ॥

ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਜੇਤਾ ਬਿਉਹਾਰੁ ॥

ਨਾਮੁ ਤਿਆਗਿ ਕਰੇ ਅਨ ਕਾਜ ॥

So you see bro, it is not me nor any baba singing the infinite glory of His Name an its supreme importance in the Bani, but the GURU Himself.

And if  He emphasizes us to devote ourselves through this practice, who can defy His Hukum? No matter how much important in the eyes of the people that person could be.

Only those words of people should be paid attention, who go in accordance with the teachings in the Gurbani, without any additions or edititings, or manipulative explanations, but as natural and as simple in the Bani.

That is how  we can express ourselves being respectful and grateful to the Guru or Guru Sahiban.

My only humble advice to whosoever wants, is to go through the Bani with love and devotion, trying to pay attention what the Guru is telling us to do, and then put those teachings into practice.

We have to learn to understand what the Bani tells us about that ultimate Truth of Nam or Shabad, in order to do that onlywhat the GURU tells us to do.

It is even fine if it is difficult to change ourselves in our spiritual practices done since we were born, but at least give some time to manifest that Nam withing us, by repeating in a meditaive state, so that when we go from this world, may the jam doots or Kal do not say, lets take this soul with us, for it has not gathered the wealth of Nam as descrfibed by the Guru in their teachings in the Bani.

The GURU is the personified embodiment of that Truth of Nam or Shabad, that is why He only sings incessantly the praises of Nam and nothing else.

Anthony. It is very rude to leave questions unanswered and try and school another before you're in primary school yet. 

8 hours ago, Anthony said:

Hi friend paapiman,

Waheguru Akal Purukh.

Gurbani says: 

ਉਤਪਤਿ ਪਰਲਉ ਸਬਦੇ ਹੋਵੈ ॥

ਸਬਦੇ ਹੀ ਫਿਰਿ ਓਪਤਿ ਹੋਵੈ ॥

Moreover:

ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਜੋ ਪਹਿਰੈ ਖਾਇ ॥

ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਜੇਤਾ ਬਿਉਹਾਰੁ ॥

ਨਾਮੁ ਤਿਆਗਿ ਕਰੇ ਅਨ ਕਾਜ ॥

Who's little baby chela are you? Repeating mommy's words before you know what they mean. 

You know what they say about questions. 

Just now, GurjantGnostic said:

Who's little baby chela are you? Repeating mommy's words before you know what they mean. 

You know what they say about questions. 

Ha ha,

again so much ego, the only chela or sikh I am is of Guru Sahiban and SGGS.

The only true Guru

Any objection?

And please have manners. 

If I do not answer your so called questions, it is because you will never grasp them, due to your egoistic behaviour.

Learn to listen and understand before verbally abusing anyone.

I can also abuse you if I wanted, but then, there will not be any difference between you and me.

In spite of your poor attitude, still I wish you : may God bless you.

9 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Ha ha,

The only true Guru

Any objection?

And please have manners. 

If I do not answer your so called questions, it is because you will never grasp them, due to your egoistic behaviour.

I can also abuse you if I wanted, but then, there will not be any difference between you and me.

Screenshot_20211215-021654_Chrome.thumb.jpg.88f56c7f424168d390f37540a0c7f02a.jpg

28 minutes ago, Anthony said:

So much ego Bro?

With this narrow minded attitude there is hardly anything you can see and understand I say. So no need to go further.

Rather insulting don't you think?

I think the word you're looking for is pride. 

I'll be waiting for your responses to the previous questions with bated breath sweetheart. 

49 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Ha ha,

The only true Guru

Any objection?

And please have manners. 

Psst. And bro. If my umm ego offends you, it offends your what? Lol 

And you did read your own posts right? 👍

Anyway here's another you skipped. 

You're from the uk?

17 hours ago, Anthony said:

Hi friend paapiman,

Waheguru Akal Purukh.

Gurbani says: 

ਉਤਪਤਿ ਪਰਲਉ ਸਬਦੇ ਹੋਵੈ ॥

ਸਬਦੇ ਹੀ ਫਿਰਿ ਓਪਤਿ ਹੋਵੈ ॥

Moreover:

ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਜੋ ਪਹਿਰੈ ਖਾਇ ॥

ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਜੇਤਾ ਬਿਉਹਾਰੁ ॥

ਨਾਮੁ ਤਿਆਗਿ ਕਰੇ ਅਨ ਕਾਜ ॥

@GurjantGnostic - Bro, did you understand what she is trying to tell me?

Bhul chuk maaf

3 hours ago, paapiman said:

@GurjantGnostic - Bro, did you understand what she is trying to tell me?

Bhul chuk maaf

This snake friend? Let me tell you of a cult that has latched onto us trying to undermine Sikhi. In an attempt to dissolve Sikhi they like to talk about Guru Nanak Dev Ji and the Guru Granth Sahib Ji alone. They discard and attempt to discredit all subsequent Guru Sahiban and Gurbani outside of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. They have no respect for Rehit or Kakkars, past the fact they allow them to assimilate your image. By removing all morality and discipline from Sikhi, like they did with christianity, and by replacing the passion of Christ with Naam Simran, they hope to undermine and destroy the Paanth and it's practices of Dharam. Their narratives involve magic solutions, without proper moral conduct to excuse their pedophelia etc. Themas of Truth and Oneness etc are distorted to excuse the unexcusable. 

Anything outside of where they draw their lines, like multiple Jaaps of Gurbani having an effect, they will criticize then ignore the response. They will not debate Gurmat because they cannot and it would show their devil's face too soon. 

They're well funded and into sexual abuse and molestation. 

I suggest you get some. And don't take anything admin cut boy says personally.

Screenshot_20211215-142555_Chrome.jpg.c534fe381a685869bda44b28642af0ee.jpg

Smarmy little white supremacist admin cut. Lol. 

For the record. You should be wary, and thoroughly verify over time, any white convert to Sikhi.  Even lone individuals pose a risk to being included. The far bigger concern is white groups, non paanthic groups, who have set themselves up alongside Sikhi instead of within Sikhi. Despite having a Gurudwara every two blocks in the uk they somehow had to take all their mystery money and set up a white power wasp organization instead of assimilating with the existing legitimate Sangat. There are groups like this in the us and uk both. They are warring on you, I'd be very careful and cut them down every chance you get bro.  Do not tolerate anti Gurmat sentiments and the assimilation of Roop. The damage they are trying to do to Gurmat is clear as day in their writings and speech and they have the backing of the government pedo rings.