Jeevan has fallen

Guest GuptSingh

Guest GuptSingh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh. 

Dass is a 21 year old singh, I've been blessed with seva, simran, gurbani, kirtan daat from a young age and with Satguru ji's kirpa I was blessed with amrit when I was 17.

Slowly I was able progressing with my gursikhi jeevan, I was reciting gurbani whenever I could in my free time and even while during commutes to school and uni etc and was listening to katha and kirtan and performing various seva when I was able to. I felt like this was fruitful as my mindset was changing and I was blessed with more gursikh like qualities such as patience, humbleness, I was becoming more kind and calm etc. 

In the past year or 2 I've noticed my jeevan has fallen significantly and is nowhere near where it was before. I'm barely reciting any gurbani - I'm just doing the bare minimum 7 bania even then they rushed and not recited with prem and sharda. I'm no longer able to do anything sikhi related as I've lost something I'm not sure what, I feel very empty sikhiwise and I can't concentrate on katha, kirtan, gurbani etc. when I try to force myself to do something anyway. 

As a result I've lost qualities gained by Maharaj kirpa and I've now gained bad qualities like hatred, jealousy, laziness and panj vikaar etc. have a stronger effect on me. 

I've also fallen in a worldly sense too, don't if that's linked. I'm very anxious, lost a lot of confidence and have been dealing with depression too. I'm struggling at work and uni and my health is not as good as it used to be. 

Please can guru sangat guide me. Thank you for your help in advance. 

5 hours ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

In the past year or 2 I've noticed my jeevan has fallen significantly and is nowhere near where it was before. I'm barely reciting any gurbani - I'm just doing the bare minimum 7 bania even then they rushed and not recited with prem and sharda. I'm no longer able to do anything sikhi related as I've lost something I'm not sure what, I feel very empty sikhiwise and I can't concentrate on katha, kirtan, gurbani etc. when I try to force myself to do something anyway. 

Do you do Sangat of Gurmukhs?

Do you know of any Gurmukh Brahamgyani?

Have you looked into Gurbani Mantar Sidhi?

Bhul chuk maaf

5 hours ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

Slowly I was able progressing with my gursikhi jeevan, I was reciting gurbani whenever I could in my free time and even while during commutes to school and uni etc and was listening to katha and kirtan and performing various seva when I was able to. I felt like this was fruitful as my mindset was changing and I was blessed with more gursikh like qualities such as patience, humbleness, I was becoming more kind and calm etc. 

Did you ever start taking pride in your Gursikhi jeevan?

Do you eat a lot from outside? Are you a Bibeki?

Is there anyone (in your opinion) who you think is jealous of you or your family?

Can you think of any event (or events) which happened in your life, which might have triggered a downfall in your spiritual progress?

Bhul chuk maaf

Guest GuptSingh
2 hours ago, paapiman said:

The foremost thing here is your mental and physical health.

Are you taking medication for Depression and Anxiety?

Have you got full blood work (including Vitamin D testing) done?

Do you practice Celibacy?

Do you take cold showers on a daily basis?

Bhul chuk maaf

I have had all blood tests for vitamin D, thyroids, iron etc. They've all come back fine. I do still take vitamin D supplements as I was recommended too by a family member who is doctor to take vitamin D supplements due to being tanned. 

Guest GuptSingh

Do you do Sangat of Gurmukhs?

Do you know of any Gurmukh Brahamgyani?

Have you looked into Gurbani Mantar Sidhi?

Bhul chuk maaf

I do sangat elderly gursikhs whenever possible, but struggle to do so as I find jeevan wale singhs remain gupt. I've spent time with Ustad Sital Singh Sitara before they passed away, as well as other gursikhs in my area who are not very prominent in the community, they do their sewa and simran anonymously and most of the sangat are unaware of them. 

I know of sants such as Sant Kapoor singh Bhindranwale, Sant inderjit singh raqbe wale who I have heard of through Sant Hari Singh Randhava wale katha. I was fortunate enough to listen to katha from Sant Avtar Singh ji, grandson of Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji live in person a few weeks back. 

Please elaborate what you mean by gurmantar sidhi, if you are speaking about reciting a shabad x amount of times for x days, then I've tried that but something always happens to stop the jaap. 

Guest GuptSingh

Did you ever start taking pride in your Gursikhi jeevan?

Do you eat a lot from outside? Are you a Bibeki?

Is there anyone (in your opinion) who you think is jealous of you or your family?

Can you think of any event (or events) which happened in your life, which might have triggered a downfall in your spiritual progress?

Bhul chuk maaf

As far as I can remember, I don't think I did pride in my jeevan. I was trying to stay humble and do nishkam sewa etc. 

I do refrain from eating outside as much as possible but this is not always possible. I was once able to go 2 years without outside food, only home cooked food by me or my family. I've not got sarbloh bibek. 

Can't think of anyone in particular who would be jealous of me. Nor can I think of any particular event. I've had problems in my family but was able to carry on as normal despite these issues. The fall has come at least 6 months or so after these problems. 

Guest GuptSingh

The foremost thing here is your mental and physical health.

Are you taking medication for Depression and Anxiety?

Have you got full blood work (including Vitamin D testing) done?

Bhul chuk maaf

Forgot to mention, I was hesitant to take meds for mental health and my gp has asked me to try therapy first then try meds after, if needed, due to my reluctance. I have however been on the waiting list for therapy sessions for months now. 

Guest GuptSingh

Bhul chuk maaf

I've not committed any bajjar kurehat. 

I was taking cold showers at amrit vela but that's slowly gone as the bani I recited reduced as did my amrit vela. 

13 minutes ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

Forgot to mention, I was hesitant to take meds for mental health and my gp has asked me to try therapy first then try meds after, if needed, due to my reluctance. I have however been on the waiting list for therapy sessions for months now. 

Have you tried Ayurveda or Homeopathy? That might help.

You can try taking the supplement below. It might help.

https://himalayausa.com/products/stresscare

Bhul chuk maaf

Guest GuptSingh
23 minutes ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

I do sangat elderly gursikhs whenever possible, but struggle to do so as I find jeevan wale singhs remain gupt. I've spent time with Ustad Sital Singh Sitara before they passed away, as well as other gursikhs in my area who are not very prominent in the community, they do their sewa and simran anonymously and most of the sangat are unaware of them. 

I know of sants such as Sant Kapoor singh Bhindranwale, Sant inderjit singh raqbe wale who I have heard of through Sant Hari Singh Randhava wale katha. I was fortunate enough to listen to katha from Sant Avtar Singh ji, grandson of Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji live in person a few weeks back. 

Please elaborate what you mean by gurmantar sidhi, if you are speaking about reciting a shabad x amount of times for x days, then I've tried that but something always happens to stop the jaap. 

Just to elaborate here, I haven't been blessed with physical in person darshan of these singhs, just literally know of then

24 minutes ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

I was fortunate enough to listen to katha from Sant Avtar Singh ji, grandson of Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji live in person a few weeks back. 

Is he still in UK (you are from UK right?)? Go and talk to him. Explain him your situation. He might be able to guide you.

Do you know about Sant Baba Sewa Singh jee Rampurkhere wale?

Bhul chuk maaf

14 minutes ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

I was taking cold showers at amrit vela but that's slowly gone as the bani I recited reduced as did my amrit vela. 

Try taking multiple cold showers in a day. That might help with Depression and Anxiety.

What about Physical workouts? Are you physically very active?

Cold Shower Therapy: Joel Runyon at TEDxLUC - YouTube

Bhul chuk maaf

28 minutes ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

Maya might be troubling you bro. Which Shabad did you do?

Usually, you will have to recite a Shabad many many times (125,000+) to attain Sidhi of a Gurbani Mantar.

Make a reasonable goal.  Choose one Shabad or a Tuk(s) and then stick to it.

Bhul chuk maaf

Guest GuptSingh
8 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Is he still in UK (you are from UK right?)? Go and talk to him. Explain him your situation. He might be able to guide you.

Do you know about Sant Baba Sewa Singh jee Rampurkhere wale?

Bhul chuk maaf

I am from UK yes, I will need to find out where Mahapurkh currently are - I'm also certain they're no longer in the UK. 

25 minutes ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

Can't think of anyone in particular who would be jealous of me. Nor can I think of any particular event. I've had problems in my family but was able to carry on as normal despite these issues. The fall has come at least 6 months or so after these problems. 

Maybe a bad karam from your previous lives has become an obstacle in your path. 

Stay strong bro. You are still young. Maya might be distracting you from attaining greatness.

Have you tried going to the Panj Pyare again and explaining them your situation?

Bhul chuk maaf

Guest GuptSingh

Try taking multiple cold showers in a day. That might help with Depression and Anxiety.

What about Physical workouts? Are you physically very active?

Cold Shower Therapy: Joel Runyon at TEDxLUC - YouTube

Bhul chuk maaf

I will try to start cold showers again and start some exercise again starting tomorrow. I've not been exercising much as of late due to confidence issues and anxiety etc. But I've got some exercise equipment at home now. 

Guest GuptSingh

Maya might be troubling you bro. Which Shabad did you do?

Usually, you will have to recite a Shabad many many times (125,000+) to attain Sidhi of a Gurbani Mantar.

Make a reasonable goal.  Choose one Shabad or a Tuk(s) and then stick to it.

Bhul chuk maaf

I've tried reciting 25 japjis sahibs daily and stopped after a few days. I've tried 7 nitnem banis 5 times a day. And also tried jaaps of sukhmani sahib. 

Alao tried following shabads/bani jaaps:

Funhe mahalla 5

first shabad from sri raag (moti ta mandir) 

Gobinde mukhande from Jaap Sahib 

Along with others. 

Guest GuptSingh
17 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Have you tried Ayurveda or Homeopathy? That might help.

You can try taking the supplement below. It might help.

https://himalayausa.com/products/stresscare

Bhul chuk maaf

I've tried some stuff recommended by Sant Hari Singh Ji in katha like triphala and coconut oil, it's having an effect but is very slow. 

On 2/13/2022 at 4:20 PM, Guest GuptSingh said:

I've tried reciting 25 japjis sahibs daily and stopped after a few days. I've tried 7 nitnem banis 5 times a day. And also tried jaaps of sukhmani sahib. 

Alao tried following shabads/bani jaaps:

Funhe mahalla 5

first shabad from sri raag (moti ta mandir) 

Gobinde mukhande from Jaap Sahib 

Along with others. 

Bro, you will have to stick to One Gurbani Mantar for a considerable amount of time. Please please do not switch Gurbani Mantars/Shabads.

Which one do you like the best from the above?

Daas would recommend Khalsa Gayetri Mantar. (Gobinde Mukande....). My friend did Jaap of this Mantar too and it had a positive effect on him. It is small and very powerful.

Bhul chuk maaf

16 minutes ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

I've tried some stuff recommended by Sant Hari Singh Ji in katha like triphala and coconut oil, it's having an effect but is very slow. 

Triphala is more to balance the Tridosh in the body. IMHO, both Triphala and Coconut oil are not primarily meant for mental health issues.

Try Stresscare bro. It was made for lowering stress levels. It also has Ashwaganda and Tulsi in it.

Stress Care - 120caps - Himalaya - Health & Body Nutrition

Bhul chuk maaf

27 minutes ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

I will try to start cold showers again and start some exercise again starting tomorrow. I've not been exercising much as of late due to confidence issues and anxiety etc. But I've got some exercise equipment at home now. 

You might be slightly in depression. Stay positive bro. This bad phase will probably pass away soon.

It is good that you talked about it on this Forum. You might have caught an issue early-on as compared to letting it grow (out of control)inside of you.

Bhul chuk maaf