Who was kabir jee's Guru?

shastarSingh

21 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Satguru can mean Gurbani in that verse and Gurbani can be recited by any person (Sikh or non-Sikh),

In any case, our Satguru is Gurbani.

@GurjantGnostic

Bhul chuk maaf

Gurbani and Guru jyoti are abhed (intermixed) with each other.

Where there is Gurbani, there is Satguru jyoti too.

That's why we call Guru Granth Sahib as Dassan patshahan di jyot.

On 3/14/2022 at 1:16 PM, shastarSingh said:

There is lots of Bani of bhagats which is not in Guru Granth Sahib because Guru Sahib didn't accept it as Gurbani.

There are Gurbanis (like Sri Pran Sangli, etc) of our Satgurus too, which are not part of Sri Aad Guru Granth saab jee Maharaaj.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 3/14/2022 at 12:40 PM, shastarSingh said:

Gurbani and Guru jyoti are abhed (intermixed) with each other.

Where there is Gurbani, there is Satguru jyoti too.

That's why we call Guru Granth Sahib as Dassan patshahan di jyot.

The point is that a Non-Sikh can also recite Gurbani and possibly reach Sachkhand (if he/she desires to reach there)

Bhul chuk maaf

3 minutes ago, paapiman said:

The point is that a Non-Sikh can also recite Gurbani and possibly reach Sachkhand (if he/she desires to reach there)

Bhul chuk maaf

I agree, and in doing so would undergo changes and come to accept ways and disciplines that would leave them essentially unrecognizable from a Sikh. 

I also feel there are additional steps you go through when approaching Naam individually versus receiving it through Amrit. 

On 3/15/2022 at 6:03 AM, shastarSingh said:

Satguru is a greater entity than a bhagat.

Well, the Gurbani (of Sri Waheguru jee) also indicates that the status of a Bhagat is greater than that of Sri Waheguru jee.

ਮੇਰੀ ਬਾਂਧੀ ਭਗਤੁ ਛਡਾਵੈ ਬਾਂਧੈ ਭਗਤੁ ਨ ਛੂਟੈ ਮੋਹਿ ॥

The Almighty says: (Meyri) my (baandhi) binding can be (chaddaavai) be released by – prayers of - (bhagat-u) my devotee, but if (bhagat-u) the devotee (baandhai) binds – does something - it cannot (chhoottai) be released/undone (moh-i) by me.

Bhul chuk maaf

4 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Well, the Gurbani (of Sri Waheguru jee) also indicates that the status of a Bhagat is greater than that of Sri Waheguru jee.

ਮੇਰੀ ਬਾਂਧੀ ਭਗਤੁ ਛਡਾਵੈ ਬਾਂਧੈ ਭਗਤੁ ਨ ਛੂਟੈ ਮੋਹਿ ॥

The Almighty says: (Meyri) my (baandhi) binding can be (chaddaavai) be released by – prayers of - (bhagat-u) my devotee, but if (bhagat-u) the devotee (baandhai) binds – does something - it cannot (chhoottai) be released/undone (moh-i) by me.

Bhul chuk maaf

Greater maybe isn't the word I'd use, but Akal is no Tyrant and respects the wishes of, and sometimes defers to, the Sangat. 

Akal may change their own baandhi but they do not change the baandi of the Bhagat, but it does not mean the Bhagat is greater, simply being indulged.

7 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Greater maybe isn't the word I'd use, but Akal is no Tyrant and respects the wishes of, and sometimes defers to, the Sangat. 

Akal may change their own baandhi but they do not change the baandi of the Bhagat, but it does not mean the Bhagat is greater, simply being indulged.

The status of "greatness" is given by Sri Waheguru jee himself via Gurbani. Maybe we can use a different word.

There is a sakhi too, where the curse of a Bhagat overrides the blessing given by Sri Satguru jee (Fifth Master) to a Sikh.

Bhul chuk maaf