This small documentary is about the mysterious origins of the Rajputs.

Scholars don’t know if Rajputs are foreign in origin, native or a mix. 

The Rajputs themselves have a tradition related to Mt. Abu. It is said that on Mt.Abu they held a great yag and the Devi appeared from the fire and gave them a new name, shastars, clothing and a mission to save the cow, poor and dharm. Renamed as Rajputs. Most likely this is a cover story for non Vedic tribes being brought into the Vedic religion and sacrifice. (jataka) and given rituals specific to their function - shastar puja, etc 

Interesting watch about those turbulent centuries- constant and endless battles and wars, duels to the death between Rajputs, constantly shifting borders.

Narrates some interesting tales about Rajput kings fighting their own generals to the death, rajput queen strapping  the slain body of her husband on to the back of an elephant and jumping into battle, and wars starting because a court poet misrepresented or misspoke about a shaheed or warrior.

At one point there were about 35ish Rajput kingdoms. The main tribes being Bhatti, Sisodia, Chauhan and Rathod. Minor rajput tribes also had their kingdoms these include parmar, gharewal, jaiswal, janjua, shekawat, Baghel, Minhas, Deora, Bhains.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 1:50 PM, Veer said:

Letting go of a dangerous fallen enemy has happened in india again and again with civilizational repercussions.

@Veer

I don't know if the British were ever 'fallen' but can you (in summary) please give me some other names of important episodes in Indian history where "fallen enemy" was let go ?

Thanks

Do take some time to check out last years defence expo. Indian weapons manufacturers are creating some great stuff and are starting to muscle into the  African, South East Asian and the Middle Eastern markets. 

Obviously, they can’t compete with the Americans or the Chinese in terms of budget just yet. 

1 hour ago, Veer said:

Do take some time to check out last years defence expo. Indian weapons manufacturers are creating some great stuff and are starting to muscle into the  African, South East Asian and the Middle Eastern markets. 

Obviously, they can’t compete with the Americans or the Chinese in terms of budget just yet. 

Everyone gonna be buying russian the next 40 years at least. 

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

Russia may not have much to spare from dealing with nato. I think modi knows this, hence moves for self-reliance. If India can send space ships to Mars and satellites into space (for gora countries). I'm pretty sure they will be able to crack arms development given time. 

@Veer

Is india producing any quality firearms these days? 

More power to em. 

I don't think russia even opened their weapons yet. It appears to me rather than money laundering their defense fund they actually have everything they claim and made things we say we have but actually don't. But yeah they're tied up right now. 

Western media said they were outta ammo months ago ...they sure do keep plugging patriot batteries and things somehow. 

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

Russia may not have much to spare from dealing with nato. I think modi knows this, hence moves for self-reliance. If India can send space ships to Mars and satellites into space (for gora countries). I'm pretty sure they will be able to crack arms development given time. 

@Veer

I don’t know about quality but revenue is steadily going up and india is now exporting to 80 nations. Currently, there are about 194 startups in india working on producing weapons for india and for the  exporting market. The global arms market is worth trillions and somebody in india with business acumen and education is going to get very very rich. 

It’s not that Indians don’t know anything about weapons ancient Indians produced some amazing and unique melee weapons usually inspired by scriptures from chakrams, swords, katars, bagh nakh, pata swords etc 

Will it translate to the modern world? time will tell but there are some bright people working on the issue 

The exports have gotten the attention of the west though 

8 minutes ago, Veer said:

I don’t know about quality but revenue is steadily going up and india is now exporting to 80 nations. Currently, there are about 194 startups in india working on producing weapons for india and for the  exporting market. The global arms market is worth trillions and somebody in india with business acumen and education is going to get very very rich. 

It’s not that Indians don’t know anything about weapons ancient Indians produced some amazing and unique melee weapons usually inspired by scriptures from chakrams, swords, katars, bagh nakh, pata swords etc 

Will it translate to the modern world? time will tell but there are some bright people working on the issue 

The exports have gotten the attention of the west though 

Phillipines make excellent cheap firearms, no reason hindustan can't. Although phillipines did have a huge ghost gun fabrication market which helped with the skillset. Nothing you can't teach quickly. 

17 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Western media said they were outta ammo months ago ...they sure do keep plugging patriot batteries and things somehow. 

According to pro gorment UK media Putin was apparently on his death bed at the start of the war and about to die any day....... A year and 3 months later he isn't......

2 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

According to pro gorment UK media Putin was apparently on his death bed at the start of the war and about to die any day....... A year and 3 months later he isn't......

7 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Phillipines make excellent cheap firearms, no reason hindustan can't. Although phillipines did have a huge ghost gun fabrication market which helped with the skillset. Nothing you can't teach quickly. 

As mentioned, there is a powerful lobby often called the Chandigarh lobby that don’t want it to happen. They want only imports. Nothing local. 

They have pocketed billions in kickbacks from phoren companies over generations. But they have been brought down a notch or two 

7 minutes ago, Veer said:

As mentioned, there is a powerful lobby often called the Chandigarh lobby that don’t want it to happen. They want only imports. Nothing local. 

They have pocketed billions in kickbacks from phoren companies over generations. But they have been brought down a notch or two 

Might be in future foreign countries use india to manufacture these things to keep prices down? 

24 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armscor_(Philippines)#:~:text=The Arms Corporation of the,company headquartered in the Philippines.

2 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

@Veer

It’s funny you said about satellites and there was a message from ISRO 

0332CB5F-625B-445A-ACC3-D24135953793.thumb.jpeg.12832407f05f0bc80c3eabe8891b326c.jpeg

32 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Looking at this, india is going to do a joint venture with russia for manufacturing these AK-47 variants. Interesting.