Help Please: Please provide list of full Banis to be recited each day

Guru_Ka_Daas

1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

From my personal experience, when I read lots of Dasam bani especially Uggardanti, my body asks for meat. I just feel like doing jhatka with full force and liberate the poor animal from the cycle of reincarnation.

If an amritdhari cuts hair, uses tobacco or has sex outside marriage, there will be drastic fall in his spiritual avastha and entire Sangat will be able to see this downfall.

Most of the nihangs eat meat but still hv great spiritual lives. Many get up at 12 am for amritvela and sleep for just 3-4 hours.

If meat was a bajjar kurehit, nihangs would not hv been able to live good spiritual lives.

Oof. After 1700 hours or so of religous room sifting I have finally found our closest match in the abrahamics. Nazir. Nazarites. How apt. 

In the Hebrew Bible, a nazirite or a nazarite (Hebrew: נָזִיר Nāzīr)[1] is one who voluntarily took a vow which is described in Numbers 6:1–21. "Nazarite" comes from the Hebrew word nazir meaning "consecrated" or "separated".[2] Those who put themselves under a Nazirite vow do so by adding unto themselves a degree of sanctity, as it says: "Until the time is completed, etc., he shall be holy."[3] A person who puts himself under a Nazirite vow without designating how long he intends to remain as such, he is obligated in all that pertains to Nazirite strictures for a period of thirty days.[4] This vow required the person to observe the following strictures:

• Abstain from all wine and anything else made from the grape vine plant, such as cream of tartar, grape seed oil, etc. (Traditional rabbinic authorities state that all other types of alcohol were permitted.)
  • Refrain from cutting the hair on one's head; but to allow the locks of the head's hair to grow.[5]

When you hear their whole spiel it's very Sikh like. They wear turbans many of them. I'm going to see if these modern one's didn't borrow from us. But best ones so far as a group. 

I don't have time to post on the results of the sifting and I won't interject further updates until I can write it out which will be a long time. 

Tldr we're on our own really. Be friends with everyone ish. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 7:11 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

FOREWORD

The current Nit-Nem (the Scriptures for routine recitation) approved by the Panth (The Sikh-

World) comprises of the five Scriptures. The first of these is Jappu, also called Jappu ji Sahib,

or Jappu Nisaan. Others are Jaapu Sahib, Savayae, Rahras, and Kirtan Sohela.

Jappu ji Sahib – The Holy Sikh Book: Siri Guru Granth Sahib, starts with this Hymn

composed by Guru Nanak, the first Sikh Guru. This spans the first 8 pages of the Holy Book

and is named "Jappu," respectfully called "Jappu jee Saahib." "Jappu" means, “recite.” Jappu

jee Saahib is an important part of a Sikh's daily prayer. The collection of scriptures called, "Nit-

Nem," meaning Daily-Prayer, are often compiled separately in a small booklet. All Nit-Nem

Gutkaas (Booklets) start with Jappu jee Saahib and contain other hymns as well. The

description of Jappu jee Saahib that follows, has been taken with a few immaterial changes

here and there, from "The Encyclopedia of Sikhism," by Harbans Singh, published in 1996 by

the Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab, India.

“. Jappu ji is the most riveting Sikh prayer recited by the devout, early in the morning.

The composition is not assigned to any particular raga or musical measure, as is the rest of the

Scriptural text. Jappu ji is universally accepted to be the composition of Guru Nanak, the

founding prophet of Sikhism, although, unlike other scriptural hymns and compositions, it

remains anonymous without being credited individually to any of the Gurus… Preceded by

what is called Mul Mantra, the basic statement of creed, the Jappu comprises of an introductory

sloka and 38 stanzas traditionally called paurees and a concluding sloka… The entire

composition including the Mool Mantra, two slokas and the thirty-eight paurees form the

sacred Morning Prayer Jappu ji Sahib, is also called Jappu Nisaanu. It serves as a prologue to

the Scripture and encapsulates Guru Nanak's creed and philosophy, as a whole. "The message

of the Jappu is abiding in nature and universal in application. It describes the nature of the

Ultimate Reality and the way to comprehend it, and is not tied to any particular religious

system. In a word, it defines Sikhism, the religious view of Guru Nanak.”

Jaapu Sahib – It is a different Scripture from “Jappu” of Guru Nanak. Jaapu has been

composed by the Tenth Master Guru Gobind Singh. It has 199 stanzas in different styles of the

poetry, contains different Names of God, and so is meditation on Him. The Scripture is rich

with the words from different languages like Sanskrit, Persian, Bihari, and even Arabic.

Savayaas – It has 10 Shabads – Hymns. It is composition of the 10th Master - Guru Gobind

Singh, and is in his style.

Rahraas – It has Hymns by different Gurus, and portions from other Banis (Scriptures) like

“Anand Sahib,” by 3rd Guru, and “Chaupaee,” etc. by Guru Gobind Singh.

Keertan Sohelaa – This also is a mixed Bani i.e. not by a single Guru. It has five Hymns. As a

daily routine, a Sikh is required to recite these five Banis (Scriptures) every day. If nothing

more, most of them recite Jappu ji Sahib every morning and some add to it Rahraas in the

evening. Many recite more than these five prescribed Banis. Whatever one can do is great, but

should keep on trying to achieve the optimum.

Extra Banis

Many recite more than the above currently prescribed five Banis – Scriptures. Some of these

are mentioned below, and have also been given in this book –

Shabad Hajaa-rae – This is recited in the morning, mostly after Jappu ji Sahib.

Anand Sahib – Previously, before the change in the prescribed Banis, almost everyone recited

it, and still many do so. Its full script – complete version has 40 Paurees – steps.

Starting five Paurees – Steps, plus 40th Pauree of Anand Sahib is also called Anand

Sahib or Chhota Anand Sahib. This is sung at the end of almost all the celebrations. This also is

a part of Rahraas, as well.

Chaupai – “Hamree karo hath dae rachhaa...” This also is a part of Rahraas. This is the

Chaupai which is recited by most of the people. It is specially recited in the hard times. In the

1984 mass anti Sikh riots, it was daily recited by almost every Sikh.

Chaupai – “Pranvo Aad. Aekan: kaaraa...”

Sukhmani Sahib – This is a very long Bani, and is not given in the present book. It takes about

one to one and a half hours to recite. A good lot of the people recite it daily, mostly in the

morning. Besides Jappu ji Sahib, this Bani is also very popular amongst the non-Sikhs. This is

considered the peace-giving Scripture.

Ardaas – It is invocation and is given at the end of the book. It is a supplication and not a Bani

– Scripture.

I recently found out we have many more Granth Sahib Ji's then mentioned like Mukth Marag Granth Sahib ji and many others, why there so many out there? It is said the Mukth Marag Granth Sahib Ji is recited by our beloved Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji - is this true? How many Granth Sahib Ji are there with names please? 

50 minutes ago, Guru_Ka_Daas said:

I recently found out we have many more Granth Sahib Ji's then mentioned like Mukth Marag Granth Sahib ji and many others, why there so many out there? It is said the Mukth Marag Granth Sahib Ji is recited by our beloved Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji - is this true? How many Granth Sahib Ji are there with names please? 

Sri Mukat Marag Granth is a historical Granth, which has the sayings and instructions of Sri Satguru jee (Tenth Master)

Our three main Holy Granths are:

• Sri Aad Guru Granth saab jee - the primary one
  • Sri Dasam Granth saab jee
  • Sri Sarabloh Granth saab jee

Bhul chuk maaf

On 1/7/2023 at 10:08 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

Oof. After 1700 hours or so of religous room sifting I have finally found our closest match in the abrahamics. Nazir. Nazarites. How apt. 

In the Hebrew Bible, a nazirite or a nazarite (Hebrew: נָזִיר Nāzīr)[1] is one who voluntarily took a vow which is described in Numbers 6:1–21. "Nazarite" comes from the Hebrew word nazir meaning "consecrated" or "separated".[2] Those who put themselves under a Nazirite vow do so by adding unto themselves a degree of sanctity, as it says: "Until the time is completed, etc., he shall be holy."[3] A person who puts himself under a Nazirite vow without designating how long he intends to remain as such, he is obligated in all that pertains to Nazirite strictures for a period of thirty days.[4] This vow required the person to observe the following strictures:

• Abstain from all wine and anything else made from the grape vine plant, such as cream of tartar, grape seed oil, etc. (Traditional rabbinic authorities state that all other types of alcohol were permitted.)
  • Refrain from cutting the hair on one's head; but to allow the locks of the head's hair to grow.[5]

When you hear their whole spiel it's very Sikh like. They wear turbans many of them. I'm going to see if these modern one's didn't borrow from us. But best ones so far as a group. 

I don't have time to post on the results of the sifting and I won't interject further updates until I can write it out which will be a long time. 

Tldr we're on our own really. Be friends with everyone ish. 

This is interesting why grape seed oil and tartar?  I don't see any wrongs in it? 

On 1/7/2023 at 7:34 AM, shastarSingh said:

From my personal experience, when I read lots of Dasam bani especially Uggardanti, my body asks for meat. I just feel like doing jhatka with full force and liberate the poor animal from the cycle of reincarnation.

Calm down bro. Do you think that you have the avastha to liberate an animal?

Anyways, don't you think that if one does a lot of Jaap of Sri Dasam Gurbani(the ones full of beer ras), then one must avoid eating meat? As eating meat might increase heat (Pit) in the body, which might make one more violent and aggressive in nature. What do you think?

Bhul chuk maaf

4 hours ago, paapiman said:

Calm down bro. Do you think that you have the avastha to liberate an animal?

Anyways, don't you think that if one does a lot of Jaap of Sri Dasam Gurbani(the ones full of beer ras), then one must avoid eating meat? As eating meat might increase heat (Pit) in the body, which might make one more violent and aggressive in nature. What do you think?

Bhul chuk maaf

It's a belief of Nihangs that when an animal is done jhatka while reading Bani, the animal gets human birth in gursikh house and is liberated.

10 hours ago, paapiman said:

From personal experience, I don't feel violent the day I eat meat

Violence stems from krodh and krodh is kept in check by reading Gurbani.