Dal Singh blocked Mosque building...

Premi

https://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/10219753.developer-dalbir-singh-sanger-has-revealed-interest-from-mosque-builders/

Developer Dalbir Singh Sanger has revealed interest from mosque builders

11th February 2013

By Melanie Attlesey

15 Comments

image.png.b186fdc9d752be9a3b1a9e5154a15c4c.png

Dalco Developments, the owner of the space known as Evergreen Field in High Street, Wanstead, said it has been contacted by a interested party in the Middle East, which wants to build a place of worship.

But Dalco's Dalbir Singh Sanger said he still hopes to push ahead with his plan for seven houses, two flats and two shops, despite criticisms of the plan and calls for the space to be re-opened for community use.

Redbridge Council has also said any development of the land would contravene its green spaces policy.

Mr Sanger said: "I have had an enquiry from an interested party in the Middle East about selling the land to them for a mosque.

"I really don’t want to sell the land on. I want to keep it and give half of it back to the community."

Geoff Horsnell, of the Wanstead Society, which objects to the plans, said: "I don't think there is a sufficient population of Muslims in Wanstead for a large mosque.

Dalbir Singh Sanger and Dez Stowe

22 minutes ago, Premi said:

Geoff Horsnell, of the Wanstead Society, which objects to the plans, said: "I don't think there is a sufficient population of Muslims in Wanstead for a large mosque.

It's more of a symbolic thing, regardless of numbers. 

2 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

It's more of a symbolic thing, regardless of numbers. 

There's loads of mosques already not far.

2 hours ago, Premi said:

Mr Sanger said: "I have had an enquiry from an interested party in the Middle East about selling the land to them for a mosque.

"I really don’t want to sell the land on. I want to keep it and give half of it back to the community."

Man has principles at least. How many Gurdwaras in UK have had investment/funding from Panjab/Delhi do you think ? Zero probably?

Most of the Mosques in UK are funded by the Arabs?