Four men charged with murder of delivery worker

@dalsingh101 ! sad news . not a funny story, but your favorite name features here...the names of the accused (and use of Singh than a family name) suggests they were 'freshies' and this seems to be some gang thing

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/shrewsbury-dpd-west-mercia-police-dudley-tipton-b2399553.html

Aurman Singh, who was 23 and lived in Smethwick, died after he was attacked in Berwick Avenue in Coton Hill, Shrewsbury, on August 21.

Jordan Reynolds
1 hour ago
Aurman Singh (West Mercia Police/PA)

Four men have been charged with murder after a DPD delivery worker died following an attack in Shropshire.

Aurman Singh, who was 23 and lived in Smethwick, died after he was attacked in Berwick Avenue in Coton Hill, Shrewsbury, on August 21.

Four men were charged with murder on Friday afternoon, West Mercia Police said.

They are: Arshdeep Singh, 24, of Shaw Road in Tipton, Jagdeep Singh, 22, of Goodrich Mews in Dudley, Shivdeep Singh, 26, of Greenfield Road in Smethwick and Manjot Singh, 24, also of Greenfield Road.

A fifth man arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender has been released on police bail, the force added.

Earlier this week, senior investigating officer Detective Chief Inspector Mark Bellamy reassured local residents those suspected of being involved are not local to Shrewsbury or the wider West Mercia Police area.

2 hours ago, Premi said:

@dalsingh101 ! sad news . not a funny story, but your favorite name features here...the names of the accused (and use of Singh than a family name) suggests they were 'freshies' and this seems to be some gang thing

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/shrewsbury-dpd-west-mercia-police-dudley-tipton-b2399553.html

Aurman Singh, who was 23 and lived in Smethwick, died after he was attacked in Berwick Avenue in Coton Hill, Shrewsbury, on August 21.

Jordan Reynolds
1 hour ago
Aurman Singh (West Mercia Police/PA)

Four men have been charged with murder after a DPD delivery worker died following an attack in Shropshire.

Aurman Singh, who was 23 and lived in Smethwick, died after he was attacked in Berwick Avenue in Coton Hill, Shrewsbury, on August 21.

Four men were charged with murder on Friday afternoon, West Mercia Police said.

They are: Arshdeep Singh, 24, of Shaw Road in Tipton, Jagdeep Singh, 22, of Goodrich Mews in Dudley, Shivdeep Singh, 26, of Greenfield Road in Smethwick and Manjot Singh, 24, also of Greenfield Road.

A fifth man arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender has been released on police bail, the force added.

Earlier this week, senior investigating officer Detective Chief Inspector Mark Bellamy reassured local residents those suspected of being involved are not local to Shrewsbury or the wider West Mercia Police area.

Where are some of our people going.........  I just dread us going the Canadian route where young apnay seem to be killing each other over drug deals in droves.  

3 hours ago, Premi said:

Difference in Canada is that it seems to be mix of first and second gen gangs but in UK it's mostly first gen 'freshies' mainly ?

I don't think you know the score mate. Canadians will use 'freshy' hit men from back home. 

7 hours ago, Premi said:

I think you missed my point. Second and third gen UK Panjabis are not commonly.involved in crime. Many crimes by Panjabis in UK now seem to involve failed 'students' and 'asylum seekers' - these guys are not close to second or third gens born here 

I think you're being a closeted puppoo again......I don't even know where to begin with your ill-informed stuff.

Just stop posting your shyte. Focus on academia or something.  Translate something. Anything but the clueless, off point stuff you're spouting these days. You're just making yourself look like you haven't got a clue about ground level realities. 

31 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

I think you're being a closeted puppoo again......I don't even know where to begin with your ill-informed stuff.

Just stop posting your shyte. Focus on academia or something.  Translate something. Anything but the clueless, off point stuff you're spouting these days. You're just making yourself look like you haven't got a clue about ground level realities. 

I didn't say they are not involved in crime at all, I have posted many articles about seemingly UK born/raised Panjabis involved in crime and I know some relatives of relatives have been in prison for things like people smuggling, smuggling goods and even a possible manslaughter.

UK Sikhs are now possibly the most highly educated and wealthy demographic in the UK now, I think you will find there is an inverse relationship between that and committing crime. And I am aware there are plenty in white collar criminal activities too like the recent Royal mail defrauding case I posted.

Maybe you need to think outside of your urban life and see how Sikhs live in the suburbs before 'spouting shyte ' and trying to close down anyone who has a different opinion to you. And please don't tell me what to do. Thanks!

On 8/26/2023 at 11:41 AM, Premi said:

I didn't say they are not involved in crime at all, I have posted many articles about seemingly UK born/raised Panjabis involved in crime and I know some relatives of relatives have been in prison for things like people smuggling, smuggling goods and even a possible manslaughter.

UK Sikhs are now possibly the most highly educated and wealthy demographic in the UK now, I think you will find there is an inverse relationship between that and committing crime. And I am aware there are plenty in white collar criminal activities too like the recent Royal mail defrauding case I posted.

Maybe you need to think outside of your urban life and see how Sikhs live in the suburbs before 'spouting shyte ' and trying to close down anyone who has a different opinion to you. And please don't tell me what to do. Thanks!

Probably both right anyway. Mainly recent arrivals, sometimes being used. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/fifth-man-charged-murder-dpd-27636647

A fifth man has been charged with the murder of DPD delivery driver Aurman Singh. West Mercia Police said Sukhmandeep Singh, 23, from Paynels in Orton Goldhay, was arrested in Peterborough yesterday, August 31.

This afternoon, September 1, he was charged and is due to appear at Kidderminster Magistrates Court tomorrow. Earlier this week, four other men charged with Mr Singh's murder appeared at Wolverhampton Crown Court