Labels and their worth in Sikhi

20 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Brothers and sisters, it's been a long time since I last visited. I think I must be the worst active participant on this forum lol.

I am posting an excerpt from a book I have been reading and would like your views on the paragraph please. I wont share the book title or author yet though.

Thanks!

IMG-20230716-WA0002.thumb.jpg.29c115ad789ae88cc3ff70943f7fc7e8.jpg

I agree with use of Mona, Sehajdhari, Keshdhari and Khalsa. 

Yes Guru Nanak Dev Ji did not put on the roop of superstitious angel worshippers. 

We developed our own. 

Putting it on doesn't make you a Sikh. The narcissists will be the quickest to put it on. 

The associated disciplines and behaviors make one a Sikh. 

We have to hold people in Roop accountable. And if they aren't worthy they aren't Khalsa wether they tie something or no. 

But those that have reached a real level should be found in Saroop. 

3 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I agree with use of Mona, Sehajdhari, Keshdhari and Khalsa. 

Yes Guru Nanak Dev Ji did not put on the roop of superstitious angel worshippers. 

We developed our own. 

Putting it on doesn't make you a Sikh. The narcissists will be the quickest to put it on. 

The associated disciplines and behaviors make one a Sikh. 

We have to hold people in Roop accountable. And if they aren't worthy they aren't Khalsa wether they tie something or no. 

But those that have reached a real level should be found in Saroop. 

What do you think is being said in the paragraph ?

Khalsa seems strongly associated with a militaristic/martial practices as ordained by dasmesh pita. One that overtly/physically states a Sikh identity. I'm not saying there aren't other Sikh identities but to me it seems as if Guru ji explicitly ordained Khalsa with additional political/military duties over just the spiritual aspect of Sikhi.

That being said, having the external but not really having the internal is pretty shabby and probably one of the greatest root causes of our decline.   

19 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Khalsa seems strongly associated with a militaristic/martial practices as ordained by dasmesh pita. One that overtly/physically states a Sikh identity. I'm not saying there aren't other Sikh identities but to me it seems as if Guru ji explicitly ordained Khalsa with additional political/military duties over just the spiritual aspect of Sikhi.

That being said, having the external but not really having the internal is pretty shabby and probably one of the greatest root causes of our decline.   

Facts. Gotta match the internal with Saroop. 

I see no better alternative however. 

On 9/4/2023 at 5:39 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

Oh it's oxford. No surprise there. They're animously determined to revise history and destroy Sikhi. 

Not only Oxford but this particular paper was written by the Chair of Sikh Studies at Wolverhampton University - none other than Opinderjit Takkar. There's a reason. Obviously she does not care about kes and such, so tries to justify it with "Guru Granth Sahib doesn't say anything about kes etc"

What are these people going to do for the future of the Panth. I'm worried.

4 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Not only Oxford but this particular paper was written by the Chair of Sikh Studies at Wolverhampton University - none other than Opinderjit Takkar. There's a reason. Obviously she does not care about kes and such, so tries to justify it with "Guru Granth Sahib doesn't say anything about kes etc"

What are these people going to do for the future of the Panth. I'm worried.

This is the direct result of Singh Sabha mindsets that equates Guru Granth Sahib ji to some highly prescriptive Abrahamic 'scripture', ignoring rahit namaay, and Dasam Granth and puratan Sikh ithihaasic granths.