Schizophrenia and Sikhi

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

Sister, Daas has a question.

Do you know how to get off Risperidone naturally (or with Herbal medications) without any prescription medications?

Bhul chuk maaf

You need at least 5grams of fish oil and 5000 iu vitamin D daily to heal your brain. Your brain is fatty tissue so increase your healthy fat intake. Butter is good for you.

24 minutes ago, chintamatkaro said:

You need at least 5grams of fish oil and 5000 iu vitamin D daily to heal your brain. Your brain is fatty tissue so increase your healthy fat intake. Butter is good for you.

Thanks for your input bro. Daas has never taken Risperidone, but I came across some comments regarding it in the video which you posted.

Eggs are also good for your brain right?

Bhul chuk maaf

2 hours ago, Kaur10 said:

I forget a lot as worked in a non-clinical setting for nearly four years. 

I have experienced depression and PTSD myself and seen someone very closely beating depression + anxiety + panic attacks + body dysmorphic disorder.  Lifestyle intervention plays its part but it is very hard work.  It is like a full time job working on yourself.

Which medical condition are you suffering from? Is your condition stable? Have you tried to gradually reduce the dose? which withdrawal symptoms do you experience on reducing the dose if you have ever tried?  Have you ever been given lifestyle intervention by a health professional?

Bhen ji thats terrible that you have gone through depression and PTSD its horrible to think about. And have seen others go through the same its not pleasant.

1 hour ago, Kaur10 said:

I am glad you got someone good.  Health professionals play major part in treating any illness but in kalyug it seems like many are present at work only for their wages.  I have personally witnessed it and feel they look down on mental health patients.  At the same time, we (me and my team) are always very respectful and helpful to our patients but sometimes feel hurt by their misbehaviour.  

Medicine alone is not enough to treat or even relieve chronic symptoms.  Drs don't have time to explain everything due to increased workload, staff-shortage, family issues, work politics etc. , and all this is resulting in reduced patient care.  

In hurry, would add more later

Bhen ji i saw the psychiatrist on last Wednesday and i am awaiting for the clinical letter report to the gp dr. But he said to increase quetiapine from 50mg to 100mg and aripiprazole 30mg to finish in 3 weeks like 10mg drop every week until finish. 

The medication i am taking and am given in monthly doses is Diazepam 5mg,Duloxetine 120mg,Promethazine hydrochloride 25mg,Propranolol 40mg,Sodium valproate 500mg,Zopiclone 7.5mg. This is the stuff i am taking along with iron ferrous 200mg, vitamin d iu1000 which i take everyday.

Its not easy what you have written about working in this type of job role. 

7 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

Bhen ji i saw the psychiatrist on last Wednesday and i am awaiting for the clinical letter report to the gp dr. But he said to increase quetiapine from 50mg to 100mg and aripiprazole 30mg to finish in 3 weeks like 10mg drop every week until finish. 

The medication i am taking and am given in monthly doses is Diazepam 5mg,Duloxetine 120mg,Promethazine hydrochloride 25mg,Propranolol 40mg,Sodium valproate 500mg,Zopiclone 7.5mg. This is the stuff i am taking along with iron ferrous 200mg, vitamin d iu1000 which i take everyday.

Its not easy what you have written about working in this type of job role. 

It’s sad that a nice person like you have to go through all of this. It seems like your symptoms are not stable.  Do you take your medicine daily without missing any dose? Do you eat freshly cooked food or processed food? Do you have any good circle of friends or supportive family?

Veer, do you do any physical exercise or go to gym? 

i think i can help you if you help yourself. At least we can give it a go. 

58 minutes ago, Kaur10 said:

It’s sad that a nice person like you have to go through all of this. It seems like your symptoms are not stable.  Do you take your medicine daily without missing any dose? Do you eat freshly cooked food or processed food? Do you have any good circle of friends or supportive family?

Veer, do you do any physical exercise or go to gym? 

i think i can help you if you help yourself. At least we can give it a go. 

Its horrible bhen ji what i am going through its not pleasant. I do take my meds on time everyday and night.

The psychiatrists i have seen throughout the last almost 6 years i have made formal complaints to the team about 3 of the staff members as its not a pleasant experience to go through. 

Food wise bhen ji its usually my mum that does the cooking and i usually eat roti,bread etc. I don't eat meat,fish or egg. No alcohol either. I usually eat my mum's meals which are fresh. I have though made frozen food for myself at times.

My social circle is not really good as i don't have that many friends but i do speak to a few people throughout the years. My thiya and grandma is the only ones who know my depression secret as I don't want others to know about it at all. My rest of the family outside my parents is nasty to say due to my experience with them.

I want to lose weight cos my clothes aren't fitting me anymore so i think its either the pills or fatigue i get that my energy levels don't let me exercise or go to the gym. But its something i want to lose my weight as i am 34 now.

Nowdays its the banis paaths that are helping me but i still need to go outside which I don't want to do for a while now.

On 12/9/2023 at 10:48 AM, paapiman said:

So according to you, what are the best foods for the brain, in order to avoid any mental illnesses?

Please add to the list below (Do you agree with the list in the link below):

• Eggs
  • Fish oil
  • Nuts and Dry fruits
  • Vitamin D supplements
  • Pumpkin seeds
  • Oranges

11 Best Foods to Boost Your Brain and Memory (healthline.com)

Bhul chuk maaf

what about food rahit for Amritdhari Sikhs ? eggs and fish oil are not allowed as far as I know.

@Soulfinder would you like to discuss things here or do you think inbox would be better?

Here, kind members could also add their advice and we could encourage you together and someone else could benefit too but at the same time it is a public forum. Sometimes other forum users could add negative comments too. 

lifestyle management is very important to get the most out of your medication and to help patient’s medical condition. Even though we know most of it but still our brain does not register it and we carry on ignoring all advices as if it is bakwaas. 

bhul chuk maaf for mistakes

4 hours ago, Kaur10 said:

@Soulfinder would you like to discuss things here or do you think inbox would be better?

Here, kind members could also add their advice and we could encourage you together and someone else could benefit too but at the same time it is a public forum. Sometimes other forum users could add negative comments too. 

lifestyle management is very important to get the most out of your medication and to help patient’s medical condition. Even though we know most of it but still our brain does not register it and we carry on ignoring all advices as if it is bakwaas. 

my very close contact beat depression, anxiety, panic attacks and body dysmorphia. He had break up, felt completely broken and everything started going downhill. He changed his school first, removed known contacts from social media, had counselling but it was doing nothing, had hypnotherapy etc. then he bought a book by Paul McKenna (I think it is the right author) and start reading it, started following all the advice given one by one , literally starting ticking all the boxes for all the given suggestions. I was thinking that this would not work and he is just acting crazy but I was wrong, in fact VERY WRONG. you would not believe the change I have seen in his personality. It was difficult but not impossible. I have witnessed panic attacks in him, I have seen determination to change his life and I have finally seen THE CHANGE HE WISH FOR. Within one year he was a completely different person. 

time to go, finish lunch break, would come back to add more. 

bhul chuk maaf for mistakes

Han ji bhen ji it would be better to do a inbox as i have already exposed too much already now. Plus there is also other things that i rather not mention publicly as well. 

I agree bhen ji that i need to sort out my lifestyle as what i have noticed is that when i woke up i skipped having a bath shower and the whole day was really horrible as i missed my nitnem banis plus i felt more worse than usual.

The person you have mentioned seems to have achieved a lot especially when people get struck down by this horrific depression and feel like no where to go like i do at the moment. Its not easy i be honest bhen ji but i am hoping to reach the goal one day 

On 12/11/2023 at 5:18 PM, Jigyasu1991 said:

what about food rahit for Amritdhari Sikhs ? eggs and fish oil are not allowed as far as I know.

Take Amrit from Nihang Singhs. Then, you don't have to worry much about Eggs.

There are other food options in the link below.

11 Best Foods to Boost Your Brain and Memory (healthline.com)

Bhul chuk maaf