Sikhism at it's finest????

heyyo

All gurus aside, which one person in sikh history do you think personifies our religion most eloquently? Personally, I think it's Baba Deep Singh. I just loooooooooooooooove that picture with him wielding the sword and the line etched in the sand. I just think that is the SHIT! Can you just imagine being there and being asked to step over that line? well, newayz, i just love that pic too (shit, i dunno how to post pics, but i'm sure you all know the one)

Also, I remember seeing this one sikh man's biography in the library....I had never heard of him before.....he actually died only recently and was in his 90's......he took great care of the sick in India, and that is just beautiful....i wish i could find that bio again :?

But newayz, what do you all say?

oh, here's the speech baba deep singh gives......just thought i'd add it:

JO TO PRAYM KHAYLAN KA CHAAO, SIR DHAR TALEE GALEE MAYREE AAO"

(those who want to play this "game of love" - follow Sikhi- keep your head in your palm and come to me in humility) and

"IT MAARAG PAIR DHAREEJAI, SIR DEEJAI KAAN NA KEEJAI"

(if you want your feet to travel this path, delay not in accepting to give your head),

should cross the line. Without hesitation, all the about 1000 Sikhs there crossed the line singing,

"KIAA JAANAA KIV MARAIHNGAY, KAISAA MARNAA HOAY || JAYKAR SAAHIB NA VEESARAIH, TA SAIHLAA MARNAA HOAY||"

(who knows how one will die, or when. But, if we forget not our Lord, dying will be but easy and painless), and

"PAIHLAA MARN KABOOL, JEEVAN KEE CHHAD AAS || HO SABHNAA KEE RAYNKAA, TO AAO HAMARAY PAAS ||

(the first death is approved by God, that brave "REAL" death that occurs when one leaves the need to live, and accepts God's will by giving himself to the Guru. Be the dust of everyones feet, and in this humility come to me).

Baba Deep Singh then did Ardaas (prayer) that "SIR JAAVAI TA JAAVAI, MAYRAA SIKHI SIDHIK NA JAAVAI ||" (If my head is severed, let it be, but don' t severe my Sikh way of life), and he promised to get to Harminder Saahib no matter what.

INSPIRING, eh? :D

i wouldnt say i have a personal fav but most inspiring and who i always look up to is dasmeh paatshahs sahibzadey :D

there was one line which i heard in a song about baba deep singh ji.. which went along the lines of

"singhan vich deep singh - bachan pajauna hai - sri harmandir sahib jaakey sees charauna hai"

:sikhiwink2:

Also, I remember seeing this one sikh man's biography in the library....I had never heard of him before.....he actually died only recently and was in his 90's......he took great care of the sick in India, and that is just beautiful....i wish i could find that bio again :?

But newayz, what do you all say?

You are referring to Baghat Puran Singh Ji of Pingalwara at Amritsar... You can read about his divine exploits from their website www.pingalwaraonline.org.

The name of his biography is "The Burden Divine". It makes a wonderful reading about life extraordinaire of Baghat Ji... :)

for me its sum1 like baba deep singh......but since there is alot more info on bhai randhir singh so personally 4 me it goes to him......he was a wiked scholar, gurmukh, keertanee and a soldier aswell (revolutionary against the govt).....plus he went thru huge tortures in jail and his sikhi was still strong......went on a 40 day fast becuz he wasnt allowed to keep bibek.....

lol, i also think baba deep singh ji. at the gurdwara, there is a replica of baba deep singh ji's sword but i it isn't as heavy as the real thing. the replica i think weighs at around 6-7 kg's, n i tried doind Gatka wid d replica, but it woz too hard simply because it was too heavy. loads of respect to baba ji

:respect:

BabaDeepSinghji%20black.jpg

:bow: :bow: