Dusht Daman

Guest Javanmard

Well if you look at both traditions they have in common the constant nned of transgression of brahmanical values.

Eating meat, teaking cannabis, drinking wine, enjoying sex are clear transgressions of brahmanism. Doing parikrama anti-clockwise as well!

Machi Ji

Guru Gobind Singh Ji in his previous life was Dusht Daman and as Dusht Daman he must have done somethnig seriously good in order to get salvation and also in order to become Guru in his next life, but he couldnt have walked the path of sikhism as it wasnt around then, so the question is what path did he follow in order to become Guru Gobind Singh and just as previous karam effect our lives does the creation of the Khalsa have anything to do with Dusht damans path of life..

If so what was that path. ??

I personally think at the moment the weirdest but possibly most likely fit is the aghoris..

Guest Javanmard

Guru Gobind SIngh-Dusht Daman is the Face of God. He is above faiths and definitions. I personally don't think that our Gurus followed any religion . Yet Dynamic Banda has pointed out links with the Aghoris which I think are worth exploring!

lalleshvari Ji

I understand that Guru Ji's joht is from akaalpurakh and not in the cycle of reincarnation however the body which housed the joht of satguru must of had some soul in it before the joht of the guru took residance in it, and certain aghori beliefs and rituals allow a similiar type of possession of bodies and souls.. its this first soul before satguru joht was placed into maharaj which i feel must have also gone through the cycle of birth and death then been liberated its last life being that of dusht daman,

Just as Guru Nanak was all the previous avtaars in all the other ages..

Just a theory.. as you said worth looking into..

Guest Javanmard

The problem is that you are creating a difference between soul-body whereas in Indian religions the divisions are more complex. Dusht Daman is an archetype of which Guru Gobind SIngh is the incarnation. :wink:

Nevrtheless if we look at NIhang maryada we find a lot in common with Aghoris and Tantrism.

Sikhi wasnt around when Guru Ji was Dusht Daman so what was his beliefs ?

Sikhi was around when Satguru Ji was in His previous incarnation.

Aad Sach.Jugaad Sach.Hai Bhi Sach.Nanak: Hosi Bhi Sach

I think he might have been an Aghori, but its weird to think that the khalsa came from the aghori panth yet it makes alot of sense too.. Weird.. :twisted:

This is baseless conjecture and idle theorising on your part Dynamic_Banda.A person can come up with a million idle theories, but without proof, your theorising only serves to confuse.

Khalsa Panth came from Aghori's??Why not the Cathars or Gnostics, or Islam or athiesm.

I understand your reasoning as to this conjecture of Satguru's previous existence, but your theory only serves to muddy the waters.

Just one question to finish off with: Where does the name Dusht Daman come from?From which Bani?I'm sure I haven't seen it in Bachitra Natak...I may be mistaken.

my point exactly Hari..

I know im in muddy waters and what im saying is confusing coz im the one whos confused and asking if my stupid theory has any value..

like i said before and if i didnt i ment to say its just a theory.. no proof other then what i think hence the whole questioning and answer part.. can anyone either provide more evidance for or against what im saying..

my theory was sparked by the reading of a book called aghori, and a conversation with an udasi baba.

my point exactly Hari..

I know im in muddy waters and what im saying is confusing coz im the one whos confused and asking if my stupid theory has any value..

like i said before and if i didnt i ment to say its just a theory.. no proof other then what i think hence the whole questioning and answer part.. can anyone either provide more evidance for or against what im saying..

my theory was sparked by the reading of a book called aghori, and a conversation with an udasi baba.

You know Satguru Gobind Singh, could've been anyone in previous life...on this planet?In this plane of existence?He may have been female, He may have been a Shaiv, or He may have been a Greek from Greece, who came over from to India and decided that a particualr Indian spiritual path was for Him.

Or He could've just said: "Forget it, let me see for myself just what You/That/It/? is all about.To hell with this or that practice...".

You see?Each one of us could've had any kind of "attire" in our previous pain and pleasure filled drama plays.

Karmi Aavai Kapra, Nadari Mokh Duar

What matters is our present role-plays.

Man...the amount of roles we must have played, and still haven't gone back home.

• 2 weeks later...

GUR FATEH!

I would be grateful for the Cyber Sangat's view on the following points:-

1) Is the scene of Hemkunt described in the Natak, a reference to a physical place here on Earth (as testified by the Gurdwara location et al) or a symbolic reference to the Birth of the Guru (as purported by Dalip Singh in his analysis) or indeed is it a reference to another place, or plane even, altogether?

2) Who was Rishi Dhust Dhaman? I like the notion put forward by Dynamic Banda having read abuot aghoris in the past, however cannot comment fully upon its validity...it is interesting though as there are no references to him in any traditional Indian Scriptures (the only other reference I am aware of is in the Sarabloh Granth).

So what exactly is his relation to Guru Gobind Singh explicitly (previous life or symbolic reference to birth and 9 months of life in the womb suspended upside down like an ascetic yogi?).

3) Following on from (2) above, what is the relation, if any, between Rishi Dhust Dhaman and the Devi and also between Guru Gobind Singh and his life and indeed that of his celibate consort, Mata Sahib Deva.

Finally I am aware of a Meditative Exercise that Yogi Bhajan prescribes which was supposedly one used by Rishi Dhust Daman as if there are any members of the Sikh Dharma, 3HO or Kundalini Yoga (the Yogi Bhajan variety) practitioners present, please could you shed some light on this exercise and also the lineage of Yogis after Rishi Dhust Daman from where this practice has been maintained and passed to Yogi Bhajan and/or his Ustad Baba Virsa Das Udasi (aka Baba Virsa Singh).

Please forgive any foolish comments in the foregoing, I look forward to hearing from you all soon...

GUR BAR AKAAAL!

--------------------

Dohraa

Mahaa Kaal Kee Saran Jae Paray su lae bachae.

Uor Na upjae doosar jag pachiyo sabhai banai.366

• 3 weeks later...