Ek Omkar Satnam - The True Name

Osho says the Japuji are the very first words uttered by Nanak after self-realization;

:?:

After self-realization? When did Guru Nanak realise his self? Was he not sent by the Waheguru?

The Japuji is the first gift from Nanak to the world.

Achchha Ji? What about 'Patti' in Asa Raag?

-Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

Thanks for pointing that out Amrit Ji. You're right, Guru Ji was Nirankar, just wanted to post this up to show how much Guru Ji is valued by others too, even though they don't have the complete truth!

Gurfateh

[highlight=white:f6d0acda76]A religious person stands above the greatest scientist; he looks down on the greatest artist, because his search contains the essentials of both. Science and art are dualities; religion is the synthesis.[/highlight:f6d0acda76]

:?:

After self-realization? When did Guru Nanak realise his self? Was he not sent by the Waheguru?

Achchha Ji? What about 'Patti' in Asa Raag?

-Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

Guru Ji was sent by Waheguru As are YOU.

Anwer this veer, what was the purpose of Guru ji spending 3 days in the River, why didn't Guru ji just started to utter the Japji sahib earlier?? Don't take the words Self-Realization as if Guru ji had no idea who he was before the 3 days in the river and before Japji Sahib. Osho says them as the Guru Nanak ji was transformed in Totality of Self-Realization after those 3 days. That is my undesrtanding of it.

Veer Did Osho say it was the ONLY gift? It is the First Gift, not the ONLY.

• 1 month later...

Osho was corrupt...

http://www.oshoturk.com/osho-life/05-25-sikhs.htm

from the site:

It was an every day experience in India. I was worshipped in the temple of Amritsar by the Sikhs almost as one of their masters. They have ten masters. Actually the man who introduced me in their conference said that I could be accepted as their eleventh master.

I had talked about one small book, Japuji, and the Sikhs were immensely happy because no non-Sikh had ever bothered. And the meaning I gave to their small booklet they had never thought of. But when I said, after two years, in a meeting in their Golden Temple that, "I consider only Nanak to be enlightened; the remaining nine masters are just ordinary teachers," they were ready to kill me. I said, "You can kill me, but you will be killing your eleventh master!"

Guru Ji was sent by Waheguru As are YOU.

Anwer this veer, what was the purpose of Guru ji spending 3 days in the River, why didn't Guru ji just started to utter the Japji sahib earlier?? Don't take the words Self-Realization as if Guru ji had no idea who he was before the 3 days in the river and before Japji Sahib. Osho says them as the Guru Nanak ji was transformed in Totality of Self-Realization after those 3 days. That is my undesrtanding of it.

Veer Did Osho say it was the ONLY gift? It is the First Gift, not the ONLY.

Guru Nanak Dev ji was sent by Waheguru as a Guru.

Neither Osho nor I used the word ONLY.

Osho said, "The Japuji is the first gift from Nanak to the world".

I wrote, "Achchha Ji? What about 'Patti' in Asa Raag?"

Could not it mean that the 'Patti' was written before the 'Japji'? It means 'Japji' was not the first gift from Guru Jee to the world. He had already given us some other 'shabds'.

There is no need to make any comments on Osho. If someone has not read the old Sanskrit literature, Osho could be a big thinker for him. We know a term 'Katha-vaachik'.

Those, who read the Sanskrit literature, know that Osho was not a good 'Katha-vaachik'. A good 'Katha-vaachik' knows that Shiekh Fareed Jee never met Guru Nanak Dev Jee Maharaj. Osho says they met to each other.