Followers of Truth

I was talking to my brother a while back and i asked him what was the religion of Guru Nanak Dev ji. Out of our conversation what i got was that,

Guru Nanak Dev Ji Preached the Religion of Truth and the Followers of the Religion of Truth are Known as Sikhs.

How True do u consider this statement??

well pheena, I'm sure all religions considered themselves to be religions of truth.

:roll:

exactly then who isn't a Sikh?? If you take the literal meaning of a Sikh, Learner, To Learn. The whoever wants to learn is a Sikh. Guru Nanak ji preached the Truth as did Muhammed as did Jesus thru their own perception.

But when people hear the word Sikh, they associate that with Religion. If you take a step back every True seeker of the Truth is a Sikh. Maybe its just me, but sikh for me isn't one who wears the 5 symbols, its a big step yes, but not the destination. Its the Devotion, the Heart of a Seeker, the Desire to Seek that one can call himself a Sikh.

Nowhere am i limiting the word Sikh to the Religion Sikhism, the Religion of Learners. The Religion of Seekers. An Organized group of Seekers are known as Sikhs, but the word can be attached to anyone who is a seeker. But as Religion has it, the word has become limited to a selected few.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguru

please correct me if i m wrong.

hasn't hinduism proven buddhism wrong; and christianity proven hinduism and judaism wrong; and islam has proven christianity wrong; and islam has proven itself wrong.

so the only one who is true and hasn't been proven wrong is sikhi.

Yeah Gill, no religion can prove another religion wrong. Religion is one thing that cannot be proved- it is a matter of faith.

Maybe the answer to your question, Pheena, is in the concept of Khalsa. I think Khalsa is the organized religion. Sikhism is the abstract concept on which the organization is founded.

since people have established that sikhism is the truth, then it surely wasnt started in 1469, it must have been there before 1469, Guru Nanak dev ji must have removed the 'fog' around the truth. Hence sikhi must have existed way before 1469.

reason i say this is cos of.

Aad Sach, Jugaad Sach, Hai be Sach, Nanak Hosi be Sach.

please correct me if i m wrong.

hasn't hinduism proven buddhism wrong; and christianity proven hinduism and judaism wrong; and islam has proven christianity wrong; and islam has proven itself wrong.

so the only one who is true and hasn't been proven wrong is sikhi.

Well, the truth is that it is the so called followers of those religions who try to prove others are wrong and they are right.

sikhs have never tried to prove any religions wrong!! the gurus beleived that you should worship god truthfully! you should worship god with your heart, guru nanak did not offend them but he wanted to show them the truth and how we are are blinded. the gurus beleived that you can worship god how u beleive was fit enough, even though i might not agreee with it i will give my life to let you have the right as a basic human for this (shri guru thegh bahadur) We as sikhs are very tolerant and do not force anyone to join our religion we do not go from door to door saying your religion is dead convert convert! For me sikhism is not thrown in as a religion it is my life air my eys nose mouth my karma words are not good enough to explain sikhi, it is all that ill always have! no other religions are wrong but can be mistaken or blinded!