Religion Vs Politics

In order to run your life you should be political. My anwser will be no if you are talking about dirty politics of today's leaders. Politics is so simple to understand. Politics is not asking for votes or crookness but Politics is to run something with perfectness.

I would finish it with the following dictionary explanation and it will make sense because if you are not political and just religious then its not hard for others to mislead you so in order to be a good religious guy you have to be good at politics which is must in order to survive in daily life as in daily life you are not going to face God fearing people but you will have to deal with Devil as well.

Here is im adding what does politics stands for:

(used with a sing. verb)

The art or science of government or governing, especially the governing of a political entity, such as a nation, and the administration and control of its internal and external affairs.

Political science.

(used with a sing. or pl. verb)

The activities or affairs engaged in by a government, politician, or political party: “All politics is local†(Thomas P. O'Neill, Jr.). “Politics have appealed to me since I was at Oxford because they are exciting morning, noon, and night†(Jeffrey Archer).

The methods or tactics involved in managing a state or government: The politics of the former regime were rejected by the new government leadership. If the politics of the conservative government now borders on the repressive, what can be expected when the economy falters?

(used with a sing. or pl. verb) Political life: studied law with a view to going into politics; felt that politics was a worthwhile career.

(used with a sing. or pl. verb) Intrigue or maneuvering within a political unit or group in order to gain control or power: Partisan politics is often an obstruction to good government. Office politics are often debilitating and counterproductive.

(used with a sing. or pl. verb) Political attitudes and positions: His politics on that issue is his own business. Your politics are clearly more liberal than mine.

(used with a sing. or pl. verb) The often internally conflicting interrelationships among people in a society.

Usage Note: Politics, although plural in form, takes a singular verb when used to refer to the art or science of governing or to political science: Politics has been a concern of philosophers since Plato. But in its other senses politics can take either a singular or plural verb. Many other nouns that end in -ics behave similarly, and the user is advised to consult specific entries for precise information.

Sat Sri Akal:

"Raj bina na dharam challay hay!

Dharam bina sabh dlaay mallay hay!"

--Gurpratap Surya Granth aun 1, ansu 36 (taken from Parasaraprasna, p. 41)

Without [our own] governess duty [principles] can't be adhered to!

Without principles [dharama] everything is gone!

Our culture is everything I guess!

(Post can be found at: http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion....7?OpenDocument).

• 2 years later...

I think Suman is right & i also agree with what Guest wrote, to govern the Sikh nation with perfectness is what we should strive for & not dirty politics as we see running under the Indian Government, American & even the British for example. As miri & piri are inseperable a true Sikh would have a good balance of both.

Religion and politics are intertwined. If by politics we mean the law of the land then even the Western counties have their base in Biblical law. Things are changing gradually though.

I think more spiritual and religious minded people should get involved in politics. A reason for this is that it has become almost a taboo for a politician to be accociated with religion (especially in Canada I find).

But I also think that corrupt people who use religion will find their way into this just as we have corrupt people in politics right now.

Getting involved in politics can become problematic also if one is religious minded. Following party lines may go against ones core beliefs... supporting gay marriage for example.