Check out another side of US soldiers in Iraq

that is just marketing, they aren't really doing any of that, How about check out another side of US soldiers(raping iraqis):

http://www.adn.com/24hour/iraq/story/1401237p-8673211c.html

http://www.harktheherald.com/print.php?sid=23887

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Articles.as...e=82910&Sn=WORL

I don't think US will gain any sympathy even if there were a 1000 more beheadings like the one few weeks ago.

ok. ppl, u need to ease up a bit. the actions of one person shouldn't help u form an opinion on the rest of the group.

the ppl who raped Iraqi's were wrong. but they don't represent all other Americans. the ppl who're helping Iraqi children don't represent all other Americans. similarly, the Iraqi's who beheaded the American guy don't represent all Iraqis. i wish ppl would understand that and stop punishing entire groups of ppl for the actions of a few corrupt individuals.

this kinda thinking is exactly what led the very deluded american president to utterly destroy Afghanistan. he went on a search for Osama bin Laden and the al qaeda. what he ended up doin is completely different. his search for Osama bin Laden somehow led him to Iraq.

argh! i hate these narrow-minded ppl!

imma go and cool down before i say nething more.

:evil:

Its evident enough that the US didn't go to Iraq for the Oil..For Gripes, I paid $2.53 a gallon today...Jessessssssssssssssssssssusssssssssssssss (hehehhehehehe)

Its not the fault of Middle East people, its just their mentality is like that from birth to the day of their death..Something I wrote:

On a train, an unemployed mother wrote a story that would enchant a generation - a generation not yet even aware that the story would mirror our own surprising path. The story would start with a baby exposed to terror and to horrible losses. A child who would be confused, but would learn to cope in surprising ways. A child who would become known throughout the world as a resourceful person, and a resolute boy – resolute in ensuring that the terror that started him on this path would be confronted and defeated.

Harry Potter had just a little time to mourn the losses and to experience the fear. But, Harry Potter knew, that eventually – he would have to be the one who would have to resolve the terror – even as he didn't yet know how to deal with the terror. Like Harry Potter, my generation was innocent, babes in the woods, until we awoke to that awful terror- the terror of September 11, 2001.

We don’t know how we will confront the terror. We don’t know what skills we will need, or what skills we will have. Some of us face the repercussions of September 11 with fear. Some of us face it with concerns. Some of us refuse to face it at all. But it is our generation that will resolve it.

We will resolve it because we have to. And that is why I see Harry Potter as a symbol of our generation. We did not choose this path. We did not create the enemy that hates us. But we are on this path, and we are resolute, and we are resourceful.

We will grow up in this new age, where the Soviet Union and the fear of Nuclear War has receded, but where the possibility that people consumed by hatred will attack anyone and anytime will always be in our thoughts. We will learn, and we will grow, and we will keep in mind that it takes moral courage, it takes moral integrity. It takes steadfastness.

As a babe in the woods, I've witnessed heroic acts done not only by individuals, but even entire nations. Instead of letting Arab countries descend into chaos and hatred, and build a wall around them, we as a nation, the United States have taken the leading steps toward educating the Arab world. We've established many learning institutions in Afghanistan, where the kids today are receiving an education that will light their entire journey of life. Providing the Arab world a good education will solve many of the terror problems because from a young age many Arab children are pseudo-educated in a Madrassa. From the beginning they are taught hatred and the warped view of what is in the Qu'ran- A warped view that emphasizes hatred, leaving out tolerance and respect for other people. Many of these innocent lives are not taught any useful skills or any other way they can advance or be useful to society, other than as human bombs. We need to help these people learn more – more skills, more knowledge about the world, more tolerance for other people and other cultures and beliefs. An unfortunate fact- pick any day, any time, one will find that terrorist acts that have been carried out through history have been master-minded by Arabs. As a generation, we need to help and teach the people in countries infected with terrorist-based education a different view. A view that will educate them for jobs that add value...educating them to accept and even embrace other people.

We will become the Resolute Generation. We will resolve the threat of terror. We will create a better world, where people throughout the world realize that terrorism is never justified, always pointless, and self-defeating. The Resolute Generation will help everyone in the world to see that a philosophy based on hatred consumes the person who hates, and makes them weak . We will help people see that being driven by hatred directs them and their society to a dead end. But, being driven by trying to better themselves, they will better their society, and better the world that will lead to surprising improvements for everyone.

We did not create the enemy that hates us.

Actually, the Americans (and to some extent the British) did.

We will grow up in this new age, where the Soviet Union and the fear of Nuclear War has receded, but where the possibility that people consumed by hatred will attack anyone and anytime will always be in our thoughts.

Soviets vs USA - the fear of nuclear war was from both sides. After all, Americans (as a generalisation of the army and politicians) are famous for being trigger happy.

Instead of letting Arab countries descend into chaos and hatred, and build a wall around them, we as a nation, the United States have taken the leading steps toward educating the Arab world. We've established many learning institutions in Afghanistan, where the kids today are ......

Hail Uncle Sam, the saviour of mankind!!! Rupy, do u really believe this? Do the Arabs *want* to be educated by the Americans? Maybe this is just one of the reasons for the worldwide resentment towards the USA.

What about Africa? There is mass genocide in Africa, but where is Uncle Sam? Unfortunately, Africa poses no threat to USA therefore it is not deemed as important as Iraq.

And have you ever thought about Osama's ideals vs Saddam Hussein's? They are at opposite ends of the spectrum, so why the continuous link between Iraq and September 11th?

In order for the USA to resove the threat of terror they will first need to address the biggest terrorists in this world today: the USA itself.

You actually believe that or is that just your way of being a revolutionary? Man what a rebel you are! tell me one thing given the choice of only being able to live in 2 countries, where would you choose to live, the USA or a country ruled by al qaida?

naunidhi, he's just tryin to point out that USA is doin the exact same thing that it has promised to fight against. they also use scare tactics in forcing other countries to follow their lead. it's just a good thing that not all nations follow their lead blindly. and for an example of such a thing is the fact that they (the Bush administration) have said that anyone who doesn't help them in their so-called "war against terrorism" is actively siding with the terrorists.

not to mention the fact that the Americans also killed many innocent civilians in this "war". i believe that's something the al qaeda has been accused of doing.

and if you think that the Americans aren't guilty of being oppressive, just take a look at what happened to some prominent celebrities when they tried to oppose the Bush administration. i agree, this isn't the same kinda level of oppression as the al qaeda, but they're still doin some of the same things to support their cause as the terrorists they're trying to bring to "justice".

Hail Uncle Sam, the saviour of mankind!!! Rupy, do u really believe this? Do the Arabs *want* to be educated by the Americans? Maybe this is just one of the reasons for the worldwide resentment towards the USA.

When a baby is born, he/she knows nothing of evil and good.

And this is the case with children:

Careful the things you say

Children will listen

Careful the things you do

Children will see and learn

Children may not obey

But children will listen

Children will look to you

For which way to turn

To learn how to be

Careful before you say

Listen to me

Children will listen

Careful the things you say

Careful the tale you tell

Children will listen

-Steven Sondheim, 1987 Into the Woods

If the US education system is so terrorism-focus, how come we don't see Americans going in the middle of a road and blowing themselves up along with many - many others?

Because, in public or private school we are taught to benefit the society in different ways than to make our selfs human bombs :roll: :roll: ...Which is not true in Arab countries, where the youngest have the guns in hands and teenagers walk around with rocket-propelled grenades..Is it now?

If our education system has benefited the US so much to the point where it is currently(whether you admit it or not) one of the best nations ( in terms of civilization, amenities, future look-out) in the world, then our education will do no harm to those who are just unaware of the reality, and will do what they are taught.

What about Africa? There is mass genocide in Africa, but where is Uncle Sam? Unfortunately, Africa poses no threat to USA therefore it is not deemed as important as Iraq.

Far as Africa goes, you answered your question.

And have you ever thought about Osama's ideals vs Saddam Hussein's? They are at opposite ends of the spectrum, so why the continuous link between Iraq and September 11th?

Your point? Just because they are opposite end of the spectrum means they dont have the same intentions? ...For example, we could be both intending the same thing but with different agenda for the plan. :roll:

In order for the USA to resove the threat of terror they will first need to address the biggest terrorists in this world today: the USA itself.

I don't remember the times when driving US planes into US buildings on US soil was considered liberating the US ...(sad the fact people take it as terrorism when one nations commits to sacrafice its own people to help those unfortunate and out-of-help)

not to mention the fact that the Americans also killed many innocent civilians in this "war". i believe that's something the al qaeda has been accused of doing.

War comes with a price...you have to lose some to get some ...Its not like America didn't sacrafice enough ..or hasn't suffered any loss. :roll:

(the Bush administration) have said that anyone who doesn't help them in their so-called "war against terrorism" is actively siding with the terrorists.

One administration's opinion does not serve as the opinion of all people living in that nation.

Its not the fault of Middle East people, its just their mentality is like that from birth to the day of their death.

could u please elaborate on what u mean by that comment. i could be wrong, but it seems like a very very bigotted & racist comment. i'd like to save judgement till after u could explain exactly what u mean.

We will grow up in this new age, where the Soviet Union and the fear of Nuclear War has receded, but where the possibility that people consumed by hatred will attack anyone and anytime will always be in our thoughts.

"fear is a weapon of mass destruction" - faithless, mass destruction

ever thought of the 'need' of western governments to have an 'enemy'. fear is a brilliant method of controlling the masses.

read 'world orders, old & new' by noam chomsky (an american linguist & prolific political writer who is widely touted as the most intelligent person in the world)

We did not create the enemy that hates us.

noam chomsky on the creation of osama bin laden

america used islam in it's war against the soviet union, promoting fanatical thinking.

We need to help these people learn more – more skills, more knowledge about the world, more tolerance for other people and other cultures and beliefs.

i completely agree with u rupy. if anyone doubts the ignorance & intolerance of these people, check this out:

over 80% of them do not even have a passport & have never been outside the borders of their own country;

in a poll in 2002, 32% of them felt their neighbouring country should be annexed;

79% of believe their country is viewed favourably by the rest of the world...or at any rate should be;

only 2% know the name of their neighbouring countries prime minister;

66% of the high school students say that vietnam is an island, and 25% can't name the ocean that separates asia from america;

40% haven't read a book since they left school, and the same percentage say they don't follow international news because they don't think what happens outside their country can possibly affect them;

during the entire decade of the 1990s, the major television and radio networks devoted a total of less than one hour of coverage to events in 173 other countries, and a total of about one hour a year to news affecting their neighbouring country.

i am of course talking about america (the neighbouring country being canada)

An unfortunate fact- pick any day, any time, one will find that terrorist acts that have been carried out through history have been master-minded by Arabs.

a talk show host (killroy) in the uk lost his job for making comments like that.

As a generation, we need to help and teach the people in countries infected with terrorist-based education a different view. A view that will educate them for jobs that add value...educating them to accept and even embrace other people.

We will become the Resolute Generation. We will resolve the threat of terror.

u need to start reading between the lines & not accept all the bullsh*t fed to u by american media. i see a very bigotted pattern of thought emerging... u seem to have the view that america is completely pious in its foreign policy, always looking out for the needs of others, helping them out when they most need it & never thinking about its own self interests. & at the same time that americans are tolerant & educated while all arabs are stupid & intolerant & that their dream in life is to become a suicide bomber!

If the US education system is so terrorism-focus, how come we don't see Americans going in the middle of a road and blowing themselves up along with many - many others?

Because, in public or private school we are taught to benefit the society in different ways than to make our selfs human bombs :roll: :roll: ...Which is not true in Arab countries, where the youngest have the guns in hands and teenagers walk around with rocket-propelled grenades..Is it now?

how many times have children in the united states walked into schools with guns & riddled classmates & teachers with bullets? did the education system miss them out when it was preaching tolerance?

over 11,000 people a year are killed in america due to firearms offenses... the number in canada & britain is less than 100 (not to paint canada & britain in a better light, but just to show how bad the situation is in america)... watch michael moore's 'bowling for columbine'

I don't remember the times when driving US planes into US buildings on US soil was considered liberating the US ...(sad the fact people take it as terrorism when one nations commits to sacrafice its own people to help those unfortunate and out-of-help)

there are other & more vicious methods of terrorism than suicide bombing... eg. america's support of military coup in chile putting general pinochet (a complete bastard who killed thousands) into power.

tru say

We will create a better world, where people throughout the world realize that terrorism is never justified, always pointless, and self-defeating. The Resolute Generation will help everyone in the world to see that a philosophy based on hatred consumes the person who hates, and makes them weak . We will help people see that being driven by hatred directs them and their society to a dead end. But, being driven by trying to better themselves, they will better their society, and better the world that will lead to surprising improvements for everyone.

i truly hope that u are right. the first thing we need to confront is peoples ignorance (due to media & education).

"dis-information is a weapon of mass destruction" - faithless, mass destruction

hopefully one day the people of america will realise the atrocities committed by their government on foreign soil & will raise up against those in power in a mass controlled anarchy & install a truer democracy where the government acts on behalf of the common masses & is open & accountable for its actions. a government that epitomises the human values of tolerance, charity & brotherhood & the american values of freedom, enterprise & the sanctity of human life. then will u become the 'resolute generation'.

list of but a few of the victims of america's foreign policy over the last 50 years (if u don't know anything about them, try searching on the internet / reading political books on u.s. foreign policy):

the palestinians

philippines

puerto rico

vietnam

guatemala

panama

iran

cuba

indonesia

laos

chile

angola

nicaragua

afghanistan

iraq

before anyone starts to paint me as some terrorist supporter... i do not condone any form of terrorism... & completely condemn it, without exception. i am merely trying to highlight the hypocrisy of the american government & it's 'war on terror'... also, it's not just america... britain & other western nations also have their share of blame (britain possibly even more than america historically).

damn... took me almost two hours to write out the last post, after reading up articles on the net & checking references in books. i'm knackered & i'm going to sleep!!

i only have one thing to comment on, since guv and beast have already said everything i wanted to say...

War comes with a price...you have to lose some to get some ...Its not like America didn't sacrafice enough ..or hasn't suffered any loss.

but why fight a war with such a high price when there was no need for it? why make anyone pay such a price when it wasn't needed? the truth is that the American government was war-hungry after its supposed victory over a weak country such as Afghanistan. there was no proof of impending danger from Iraq. so what has this price been paid for exactly? "educating" and "civilizing" the "savage" and "barbaric" Iraqis...? i don't think so...

There's also a theory if you're a poor leader of a country:

Rather than expose your fallacies for all your people to see, start a war with another nation to distract your people's attention.

Bush is a poor leader, a man who comes across as uneducated about the world's affairs. In the UK we have Prime Minister's Question Time where politicians ask Tony Blair questions on any topic. Does the USA have anything similar?

i dunno beast. but even if they did, do u think they even get a chance to ask questions that he hasn't specifically prepared for or that show the "logic" behind his actions? the guy's scared everyone in his country into believing that he's their only hope to fight off the evil in the East.

I don't want to make any enemies here or beat anyone down, but I thought I'd air my opinions as well ...

Everybody on this discussion has missed the root cause of this problem of Islamic terrorism and focused on other preventative measures such as education. If you spoke to Osam Bin Laden and asked him why he hated the Americans so much he would say two things:

a) The US has outstayed their welcome in Saudi Arabia and should go home. Saudi Arabia holding Mecca the spiritual home of all Muslims.

B) The US support for Israel, who continuously kill innocent palestinions without any consequences.

Of course he would spew out stuff like Americans being infidels and he should kill all non-believers of Allah. But most Arabs (many who do not follow Bin Laden) hate America because of the above 2 points.

Instead of letting Arab countries descend into chaos and hatred' date=' and build a wall around them, we as a nation, the United States have taken the leading steps toward educating the Arab world. We've established many learning institutions in Afghanistan, where the kids today are receiving an education that will light their entire journey of life. Providing the Arab world a good education will solve many of the terror problems because from a young age many Arab children are pseudo-educated in a Madrassa.[/quote']

Now why would the Arabs want the US educating their children given the above 2 points and the continuing stories of human rites abuses and torture in American prisons? Given that US soldiers torture (maybe a bad few, but not in Guantanamo Bay) Muslims, Mulims are now more incensed!

LOL ...Dyam ..Guys- US Haters:p ...

I am not going to bother reading through a page and half ..'cause it is 'prolly bashing US .. and I'd have to do so much more fact and research checkin..-Don't go time for it..

Though, few points-

Guv, don't tell me you are so racism-free...Its a mere fact we all are victims of racism one way or the other..Racism meaning not only a particular judgement towards a race but ...any group, cult, etc.

"only 2% know the name of their neighbouring countries prime minister; "

LOL, and Guv you're telling me you know the name of every president of every country in Europe, which can be considered neighbors of England?

And I bothered checking your other so called statistics on Google, DogPile, and other search engines..But I couldn't find one thing:-S ..Mind providing a reference?...and also ..statistics of US ain't enough...Is there comparisons of the same survey done in other countries?

"

a talk show host (killroy) in the uk lost his job for making comments like that. "

LOL - So what ? I don't understand why people don't give a sh*t about the United States , yet fire a top officer when she calls Bush a moron.

"u need to start reading between the lines & not accept all the bullsh*t fed to u by american media. i see a very bigotted pattern of thought emerging... u seem to have the view that america is completely pious in its foreign policy, always looking out for the needs of others, helping them out when they most need it & never thinking about its own self interests. & at the same time that americans are tolerant & educated while all arabs are stupid & intolerant & that their dream in life is to become a suicide bomber!"

LOL, you got problems against me being fed by American Media ..or the way I chose to think? ...And to all generalizations, there is always exceptions .....

And Beast...the US Commision for 9/11 was able to freely question both Condoleeza Rice, Bush's right hand , and George W. Bush....Bush doesn't stay behind curtains if that's what your trying to intend..

Aight I am -out

Will love America over my dead body....

And as Gurdas Mann says:

Lakh Pardesi Hoyie, Apna Desh Ni Bhandi Da, Jehre Mulakh Da Khaiyeh Uss Da Burra Ni Mangi Da..

I am not going to bother reading through a page and half ..'cause it is 'prolly bashing US .. and I'd have to do so much more fact and research checkin..-Don't go time for it..

Thank you very much for your reply to my message Rupy! I love visiting America as I've got loads of relatives living there, also I love watching Hollywood movies. I don't hate America, I hate what the American government is doing around the world!

As I don't live in America I get to see the reality of the situation as most American media is Republican. Over here in the UK alot of the media is Conservative but we do have some media outlets that are objective like the BBC and the Guardian newspaper. You might want to listen to Air America, a new radio station that is Democratic/Liberal set up in the US:

http://www.airamericaradio.com/pub/globalDefault.htm

Contrary to reports, being liberal does not mean you have to be soft on terrorism!

I've been reading many books and articles on post 9/11 from objective media outlets and it really vexes me that your reponse to my post is 'cause it is 'prolly bashing US ..... and I'd have to do so much more fact and research checkin..-Don't go time for it..'.

You're of legal age to vote now, so I ask you ... who do you vote for Redpublican or Democratic? (of course you could vote Green, which would be even better!)

I am not going to bother reading through a page and half ..'cause it is 'prolly bashing US

if u were a true patriot & loved america u would make sure that the government did what was right. it is the responsibility of any citizen of a democracy to oppose the policy of their government if they think it is illegal, immoral, or both... not to sit back & accuse anyone who disagrees with 'bashing US'. perhaps u didn't read my ending comment...

hopefully one day the people of america will realise the atrocities committed by their government on foreign soil & will raise up against those in power in a mass controlled anarchy & install a truer democracy where the government acts on behalf of the common masses & is open & accountable for its actions. a government that epitomises the human values of tolerance, charity & brotherhood & the american values of freedom, enterprise & the sanctity of human life. then will u become the 'resolute generation'.

but then to do that requires effort... it seems u don't really love america & u are not a real patriot. u are one of these neo-patriots u prefer to sit back allow the government to do what ever the f*ck it wants & then accuse anyone who disagrees of 'bashing US'.

and I'd have to do so much more fact and research checkin..-Don't go time for it..

god forbid! u might actually have to find out the truth!!... & u'll have to get off your ass to do it!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Guv, don't tell me you are so racism-free...Its a mere fact we all are victims of racism one way or the other..Racism meaning not only a particular judgement towards a race but ...any group, cult, etc.

not exactly the response i was expecting!... i would be lying if i was to say that i am without any form of prejudice, but every time i become aware of such a prejudice i try to change my way of thinking... it's about becoming a better person... the whole point of sikhi...?? instead of trying to defend my views by saying everyone else does it!

"only 2% know the name of their neighbouring countries prime minister; "

LOL, and Guv you're telling me you know the name of every president of every country in Europe, which can be considered neighbors of England?

And I bothered checking your other so called statistics on Google, DogPile, and other search engines..But I couldn't find one thing:-S ..Mind providing a reference?...and also ..statistics of US ain't enough...Is there comparisons of the same survey done in other countries?

u missed the point yet again! the statistics were there only to highlight the hypocrisy of your earlier statement about arabs having no knowledge of the outside world... but if u want the references...

http://www.gyford.com/phil/writing/2003/01...any_america.php

http://blogs.salon.com/0003158/2003/12/08.html

http://www.policyalternatives.ca/publicati...article347.html

though i'm sure u'll just dismiss them without even taking a look.

LOL - So what ? I don't understand why people don't give a sh*t about the United States , yet fire a top officer when she calls Bush a moron.

of course we care about the united states... if for nothing else, america has by far the most powerful armed forces in the world & is one of the great economic powerhouses in the world... if america were to fall economically, she would drag the rest of the world down with her. those are just for self-interest reasons, but most people in the uk also have a closer connection with america, what tony blair refers to as the 'special relationship', as we have a lot in common (first & foremost language.) on a personal level, i've been to america 3 times & i loved it every time. i found most americans to be pleasant & helpful (much more so than british people) & i have many relatives who live there. u have to realise that disagreeing with america's foreign policy does not mean we hate america or it's people... it just means we want the american government to act more responsibly & be accountable for it's actions.

LOL, you got problems against me being fed by American Media ..or the way I chose to think? ...And to all generalizations, there is always exceptions .....

u have a right to think however u want... that's your own personal freedom & honestly i couldn't care less what u think, but i do have a problem when u start posted bigotted & racist viewpoints on a public forum.

now if maybe u could back up your views.... (& maybe even try to counter the main points i raised in my post, or any of gurdmeisters!)

Will love America over my dead body....

but the real question is... will u love america while u're still alive? there are plenty of people who will die for a cause (eg suicide bombers!) but very few who will live for one. 'love' is not an emotion, but a verb... it is something u do.

now rupy, will u love america enough to make it a better country?

if u read nothing else, please read the following article by andrew gumbel, an american parent, commenting on the education system & mindset promoted in america:

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0909-07.htm

Rupy

I with you on this one. It appears that there is a trend to be anti-American at the moment, probably started by liberal lefties like Michael Moorer.

why am i not surprised!! :roll:

whereas rupy's views seem to come from misguided patriotism, yours seem to come from your undying hatred of muslims & everything islamic!

of course... i could be wrong (after all i'm only human! :wink:). maybe your views are based on your own analysis of the events & reading through politic dialogue in search of the underlying truth... 'sat'... as a sikh should. so why don't u prove me wrong & show us all the evidence that u base your opinions on, & show that they're not just based on blind hatred & ignorance.

oh & fyi i'm not anti-american (read my posts carefully)... i'm just against america's foreign policy & the way its media (largely republican) misinforms the american people.

& just one question for u... it seems u don't seem to like 'liberal lefties' very much. so what are your views on daswand?? (a lefty concept if there ever was one!)

[nb on a side note i tend to try not to label political ideologies as either left- or right-wing, as this negates all manner of ideals which do not belong on either side]

that is just marketing, they aren't really doing any of that, How about check out another side of US soldiers(raping iraqis):

I'm guessing you have first hand knowledge to make such dubious remarks?

I don't think US will gain any sympathy even if there were a 1000 more beheadings like the one few weeks ago.

This is not a popularity contest. BTW do you think the US will not survive just because US hating nations like your country does not show any sympathy to it's citizens who are beheaded live in front of a video cam? FYI over 60 countries in all supported US war in Iraq.

the Iraqi's who beheaded the American guy don't represent all Iraqis.

Please read up on Iraqi history before making ignorant statements. Have you heard of Nuri al Said and the fate of the Iraqi royalty?

this kinda thinking is exactly what led the very deluded american president to utterly destroy Afghanistan. he went on a search for Osama bin Laden and the al qaeda. what he ended up doin is completely different. his search for Osama bin Laden somehow led him to Iraq.

Afghanistan was harbouring Osama Bin Laden who was undeniably the mastermind behind 9/11. The Taliban was given ample time to hand over Osama and the war could have been avoided. Mullah Omar refused and even challenged the US. Tell me hero, what would you have done of you were in Bush's shoes?

BTW do you know how cruel the Taliban was? Do you know that even Sikhs living Afghanistan were persecuted? Afghanis by and large supported the war which is why the war in Afghanistan was a joint effort between US forces and it's allies and the Northen Alliance. Afghanistan under Hamid Karzais leadership finally has some semblence of a democracy. Do you care or you only show concern when the US is at fault?

argh! i hate these narrow-minded ppl!

You hate yourself?

imma go and cool down before i say nething more.

I suggest taking a cold shower.

who is punishing entire groups? Someone has to take responsibilty, US said they are going there to free Iraqis but are they doing that or inflicting much more misery on these poor people. The responsibilty lies on the US army.

What a joke, while Iraqi prisoners under Saddams rule was fed alive through plastic shredder machines a few cases of American GI's mistreating POW's and you now believe they are even comparable. Did you know how Iraqi's lived under Saddam's rule? Do you know about the millions of Kurds, Shiites and Marsh Arabs who were brutally killed? How do you think Saddam got his nickname 'Butcher of Baghdad'? Do you honestly believe the US is even minutely comparable to Saddams regime? Believe me when I say this, if the US is like how you say it is, there would be no Canada today. Canada would be annexed and be forced to join the American Union.

sukhi, the search for al qaeda did not lead the americans to iraq, it was more of a phony excuse for americans to invade iraq.

You obviously have not heard of Salam Pax.

For once I actually agree with you.

Such a warped mind in this day and age is unbelievable. Are you sure you're not residing in a mental asylum?

I don't hate America, I hate what the American government is doing around the world!

As Americans would say, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Hating the Bush is hating America. Bush haters like you need to realise that the American people have voted for Bush and thats that. Hating Bush is equivalent to hating America period.

I with you on this one. It appears that there is a trend to be anti-American at the moment, probably started by liberal lefties like Michael Moorer.

Yes you are right. Had Russia invaded Iraq, would it have attracted this much criticism? No. Everybody would have kept mum just because the Russians don't give a damn. America needs to become mean like Russia and China. These US haters will one day be sorry for the stance they are taking today.

LONG LIVE THE YANKS!!!