Samrambha Yoga (Yoga of hatred)

Now this should get you thinking.According to the Bhagavat Puran, it is possible to become liberated by having angry and hateful (samrambha) thoughts towards the Divine.In essence you become or go back to that which you constantly think about, even if you think about something in hatred.

http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/canto3/Can...t/chapter2.html

Text 24

manye 'surân bhâgavatâms trydhîs'e

samrambha-mârgâbhinivishtha-cittân

ye samyuge 'cakshata târkshya-putram

amse sunâbhâyudham âpatantam

manye: I think; asurân: the demons; bhâgavatân: great devotees; tri-adhîs'e: unto the Lord of the threes; samrambha: enmity; mârga: by the way of; abhinivishtha-cittân: absorbed in thought; ye: those; samyuge: in the fight; acakshata: could see; târkshya-putram: Garuda, the carrier of the Lord; amse: on the shoulder; sunâbha: the wheel; âyudham: one who carries the weapon; âpatantam: coming forward.

TRANSLATION

I consider the demons, who are inimical toward the Lord, to be more than the devotees because while fighting with the Lord, absorbed in thoughts of enmity, they are able to see the Lord carried on the shoulder of Garuda, the son of Târkshya [Kas'yapa], and carrying the wheel weapon in His hand.

http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/canto3/Can.../chapter16.html

TEXT 26

sri-bhagavan uvaca

etau suretara-gatim pratipadya sadyah

samram bha-sambhrta-samadhy-anubaddha-yogau

bhuyah sakasam upayasyata asu yo vah

sapo mayaiva nimitas tad aveta viprah

sri-bhagavan uvaca: the Supreme Personality of Godhead replied; etau: these two doorkeepers; sura-itara: demoniac; gatim: the womb; pratipadya: obtaining; sadyah: quickly; samrambha: by anger; sambhrta: intensified; samadhi: concentration of mind; anubaddha: firmly; yogau: united with Me; bhuyah: again; sakasam: to My presence; upayasyatah: shall return; asu: shortly; yah: which; vah: of you; sapah: curse; maya: by Me; eva: alone; nimitah: ordained; tat: that; aveta: know; viprah: O brahmanas.

TRANSLATION

The Lord replied: O brahmanas, know that the punishment you inflicted on them was originally ordained by Me, and therefore they will fall to a birth in a demoniac family. But they will be firmly united with Me in thought through mental concentration intensified by anger, and they will return to My presence shortly.

TEXT 31

mayi samram bha-yogena

nistirya brahma-helanam

pratyesyatam nikasam me

kalenalpiyasa punah

mayi: unto Me; samrambha-yogena: by practice of mystic yoga in anger; nistirya: being liberated from; brahma-helanam: the result of disobedience to the brahmanas; pratyesyatam: will come back; nikasam: near; me: Me; kalena: in due course of time; alpiyasa: very short; punah: again.

TRANSLATION

The Lord assured the two Vaikuntha inhabitants, Jaya and Vijaya: By practicing the mystic yoga system in anger, you will be cleansed of the sin of disobeying the brahmanas and within a very short time return to Me.

I will be posting more on this later.But first I'll let the initial shock (for some of you) to settle.

Oooo, I really hate that Parbrahm. :shock:

Perhaps the most extraordinary teaching of the Bhagavata Purana is the Yoga of hatred (samrambha-yoga), according to which a person who thoroughly hates the Divine can achieve God-Realization as readily as one who deeply loves the Lord.Sage Narada, a frequent spokesman for the Bhagavata religion, expresses it thus:

All human emotions are grounded in the erroneous conception of "I" and "mine".The Absolute, the universal Self, has neither "I"-sense nor emotions. (VII.1.23)

Hence one should unite [with God] through friendship or enmity, peaceableness or fear, attachment or love.[The Divine] sees no distinction whatsoever. (VII.1.25)

Narada goes on to mention Kamsa, who reached God through fear, and Shishupala, king of Cedis, who reached God through hatred.

The idea that hatred can turn out to be a pathway to God, shocking as it is to conventional sensibilities, is a logical consequence of the ancient esoteric doctrine that we become whatever we meditate upon.Because of the intense hatred that Shishupala entertained toward Lord Vishnu, he thought about the Divine incessantly, and therefore ultimately became absorbed in it.This brings home the fact that the spiritual process is a matter of the play of attention.

From: Yoga: The Technology of Ecstasy by Georg Feuerstein

Gyaaan!!

Akaaaal!!!!!!

If you have an intense hatred for someone, you constantly think about them.Now I'm not saying that everyone should start intensely hating Vahiguru, that's ridiculous.There has to be a reason for any emotion you feel towards the Divine.

Anyway, I hope you have gained some insight into the mystic tradition.My Love to all of you. :D

it's probably the same thing. the question is whether it's easier to love or to hate.

from what i've seen, the "path of love" is unbelievably harder than hatred simply because it involves overcoming many obstacles such as ego, maya, etc. but in the end, it seems that love is more beneficial to everyone which is a really good thing.

do u think about someone more if u intensely hate them or intensely love them... or both?

Well, just think about the times when you had fallen in love (puppy love? :LOL: ) with someone and about the times when you hated someone because you felt they'd done you wrong.

Both love and hate make you think about the object of love and hate constantly until that love or hate are over.You thought about them constantly right?At night when you were asleep, when awake in dreams.

It's all about dhyan.Where is your dhyan right now, what's in the back of your mind right now?

it's probably the same thing. the question is whether it's easier to love or to hate.

from what i've seen, the "path of love" is unbelievably harder than hatred simply because it involves overcoming many obstacles such as ego, maya, etc. but in the end, it seems that love is more beneficial to everyone which is a really good thing.

Constant dhyan via love, hatred or fear of the Divine will eventually dissolve your ahankar("I" sense), then your buddhi (intellect) and manas (mind).All these 3 things are collectively known as Chitta (seperated/individuated being-consciousness).What should be left is called Chit or Paramatma, which is of the nature of sat-cid-anand (being-(pure)consciousness-bliss).

Something like that, apologies if I messed up the explaination. :oops:

• 3 weeks later...

To hate someone a cause is needed, to love no cause is needed.

I don't think this method is intended for the general public, rather for thsoe whose minds have hardened thru other practices which allows one to controll their emotions at will.

Hatred for the Almighty inevitable is the Hatred for his Creation. You cannot hate god without hating his creation. Similarily you cannot Love the creation without Loving its creator.